Operation: Weight Loss Motivation

Lounge By mmdd Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 4:18pm by Anna31

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 4:48pm
post #121 of 2466

3.7 mph some days i will do 3.5 but mostly 3.7 its what i am comfortable at but it still is a challenge to walk that pace for the hour. for the first 30 minutes i do the fat burn program wich is 3 minutes flat and 6 minutes incline the last 30 minutes i walk just flat. eventually i think i will add more time to the fat burn program but i dont want to over do it.

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 5:03pm
post #122 of 2466

Wow, that's really GREAT!! I average about 3.2mph. Can't seem to get higher than that. I purchased an eliptical a couple of months ago and I do that for almost a mile which is still VERY difficult for me. So, I do the eliptical and then the walking. It works out to a little over an hour. I just need to make sure that I do it at least 5 times a week. It's a challenge but in the long run, it's worth it, I'm sure. Keep up the good work, you really are doing great!!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 6:55pm
post #123 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdd

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif 258.5 icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

I'm upset tapedshut.gif

mmdd, two questions for ya...

1. Did you weigh yourself at the same time as you did last week? If you weighed in the morning last week and the evening this week that could be part of it. Such as I got on the scale this afternoon when I came over to my parent's house and it said 169.5. I know by tonight it will be a couple of pounds higher.

2. Not to get too personal, but is it by chance around that time of the month for you? I have noticed on week before and week of my period my weigh seems to jump back up some.

Don't let it get you down. Let it be a motivator for you. Think about what you have and haven't done this last week and work on it this coming week. Sometimes it takes a little time getting into a new routine. You can do it!!

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 7:16pm
post #124 of 2466

1. yes, I did weigh myself at the same time I always do

2. nope and btw, you can't get too personal with me, LOL!

I set my alarm so I could get up earlier than usual so I could jump on the treadmill, but I just couldn't seem to do it. I know I need to go to bed earlier, midnight just doesn't cut it.

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 7:19pm
post #125 of 2466

i feel you about that. i always go at midnight and it kills me. 10pm for now on...maybe 9

mmdd Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 7:32pm
post #126 of 2466

I put the boys to bed around 8:30, but I've been slacking lately...theyve been making it to bed at 9. So, I figure I could atleast do 9:30 at the earliest! But, I'd definitely love to be in bed by 10, but I just can't get off of this evil maching, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

alracntna Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 7:34pm
post #127 of 2466

yes this thing is evil!!!! it keeps me from cleaning the house on my day off and it makes me want to forget it is time to pick the kids up from school. it is all the fault of this thing!!!

Karate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karate Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 7:40pm
post #128 of 2466

Hi all
I weighed my self this morning, I always weigh as soon as I get up after I pee (can I say that on CC? LOL) before I get on the treadmill, or in the shower so I have no clothes on. I gained at least a pound or two, I can't remember exactly what my weight was last week. Any way it was 214.4. icon_redface.gificon_sad.gificon_redface.gif

This will probably stay the same or get worse. I was just told by my dr that I have a very small heel spur and gave me a shot and was told to stay off my foot for 24 hours, and to not excersize for a bit and give the shot time to work into my foot. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif BTW it HURT like....well you know. tapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.gif

So I have decided to chang my baby step for this month from increasing my excersize to watching what I eat. I will start my baby step of increasing my excersize next month. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

I also got some of those crystal light on the go packets that you put in your bottled water. YUM I love both the peach ice tea and the raspberry.

Anyway my time of the month starts next week so hoping that extra pound is because of this!!!!!!! icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

OK time for us all to get ready for the Easter weekend and all of the food. I don't know about the rest of you but my boyfriend is hispanic and ANYTIME they get together it ALWAYS revolves around food, so this is my largest obsticle to overcome, I have to push away the food and enjoy the company.

I think I have rambled on long enough and kudos to us all for this effort. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

alracntna Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 7:42pm
post #129 of 2466

that is so funny karate. we are hispanic and it seems everytime we get together it is over food...this must be why im fat....lol

TexasSugar Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 7:47pm
post #130 of 2466
Quote:

I put the boys to bed around 8:30, but I've been slacking lately...theyve been making it to bed at 9...

What about walking after you put them to bed?

mmdd Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 7:55pm
post #131 of 2466

I thought about that, texas, but I thought I read somewhere that it was abad idea to get "pumped" before you went to bed. Maybe it's not. I don't know.

TexasSugar Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 7:57pm
post #132 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate

I also got some of those crystal light on the go packets that you put in your bottled water. YUM I love both the peach ice tea and the raspberry.

The raspberry isn't my favorite because it makes my mouth and tounge red. icon_sad.gif I liked the peach tea, but have found that I like the Instant Lipton Diet Peach Tea better. I do like the Crystal Light lemonaide, and the orange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate

ANYTIME they get together it ALWAYS revolves around food, so this is my largest obsticle to overcome, I have to push away the food and enjoy the company.

Eat something healthy before you go, and try to stay away from the food if you can. If it is possible be in a different room from it, so you are less likely to sit there and pick at it. If you can, take something that is healthier so that it gives you a good option. And if you just can't resist try to pick one fatty thing to eat, then eat the rest healthy if you can. Don't be afraid to tell people no thank you. It's your body and you and only you are in control of what goes in it.

TexasSugar Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 8:00pm
post #133 of 2466
Quote:

I thought about that, texas, but I thought I read somewhere that it was abad idea to get "pumped" before you went to bed. Maybe it's not. I don't know.

I know they use to say that, but you know I have read several places lately that say exercise when you can and when you want to. If you are more of a night person then you have more energy at night and you should probalby do it at night. Think about the gyms that are opened late or all night?

There are nights when I have walked and then probably could have fallen in bed and gone to sleep right away.

Why not just try it out and see what happens? If you can do it at night, and are already up, it may make it easier to do than having to get up in the morning for it. I'd certainly keep hitting the snooze button if I had to get up and walk in the morning.

Karate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karate Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 8:03pm
post #134 of 2466

TexasSugar
If I stay in another room from the food, I would be by myself! LOL. It is my choice and before now my choice was to eat. Now I will think first and like I said push the food away and enjoy the company, because they all are just the best people ever and I love them so much! They will have no hard feelings if I say no thanks, they're not like that at all, especially when I tell them I am trying to loose.

alracntna Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 8:06pm
post #135 of 2466

my inlaws are the same way. i tell them i am tryin to loose and they tell me i look fine and it is what is on the inside that matters. i agree but right now what is on my inside is fat....lol

mmdd Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 9:17pm
post #136 of 2466

I think we should all go to that 3fatchicks website so we can put those bars at the bottom of our posts.

Errr...maybe not?!?!?! LOL!!

VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 9:36pm
post #137 of 2466

OK, I finally got to weigh today, so my starting weight is 213! Here we go! Sounds like many of you have some great plans, and I hope to follow suit. I've already eaten my breakfast (getting ready to head to work for the night), so that means that I don't have to stop and pick up something unhealthy for me. Gotta start somewhere.

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 9:57pm
post #138 of 2466

MMDD--->My sister can only go on the treadmill after 9pm, and she's lost 32lbs since January.....so I say go for it!!!!

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 9:58pm
post #139 of 2466

I weigh the same as last week, but I've walked three times this week!!! I think after they can get rid of all those darn Easter Cream eggs, I'll do better.

suzystewart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzystewart Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 10:37pm
post #140 of 2466

I weigh the same also. I think I've reached my plateau, and it's time to step it up a notch. I've been walking an hour a day or 3 miles, whichever comes first, eating healthy and nothing is happening. I wish I could lose weight like they do on The Biggest Loser. They lose like 20 pounds their first week and 10 every week after that. They also have personal trainers and all kind of gym equipment around them. Sounds like the rest of you are doing well. Congrats!
Suzy

mmdd Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 12:22am
post #141 of 2466

Here is a question: What is everyone eating?? Especially you socake!!! LOL

VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 1:55am
post #142 of 2466

Hmmm, I ate cereal at about 5:30 and I'm about to starve now. My break isn't for a couple of hours, and my stomach might devour my back bone by then!!!!

socake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
socake Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 5:45am
post #143 of 2466
Quote:

Here is a question: What is everyone eating?? Especially you socake!!! LOL

G'day all,

Glad to see you guys are checking back with you weights! As long as you are doing something to help yourself each day wether it is thinking twice about having a snack or jumping on the tredmill you are eventually going to see the results you are after.

WELL DONE for sticking with it, the first week is often the hardest!!

I have been eating much healthier food for a long time now (since I turned 30 last November), less fried food and less hot potato chips. I still have them but just not the quantity I used to.

I eat when I get bored so I stopped buying snack food and started buying fruit like apples, saltanas, oranges (not bananas, they are good for you but don't help with weight loss) I like sweet foods so now I get it from fruit rather than chocolate, biskets, lollies...etc....

I also cut down from 3 sugars in my tea to 1. I worked out that in an average day I would have 5 cups of tea and 3 sugars x 5 cups was 15 tsp of sugar a day. WAY TOO MUCH!!!!

Months later after eating better (more salads and vegetables less potato and bread) I still had not been loosing the weight so I worked out that for me exercise will be what gets me to loose my weight.

The skipping nearly killed me at first, (because I have had a bit of a head cold) but I have learnt to pace my self to keep my heart rate up and be able to keep going! I feel better for the rest of the day after I have done it.

I am going to keep this up because this is what I want for myself.

My Daughters 1st birthday is in July and I don't want to fell like I want to avoid the camera, I want to fell like I used to and be able to look at myself in the photo's without wanting to delete them. There are very few photo's of me and my son (now 3 years) and I want that to change. I don't want to be looking through my photo's in 10 years time and feel like I was missing in action.

So Thanks to all of you who are doing this with me...and especially those who were brave enough to post this weeks weight even if it wasn't what you were hoping for!

There are a few of us missing so I will check back later tonight and send PM's to the people who have forgotten!! (I added you all to my buddy list!!!)
(those who joined in later in the week, I will leave alone until next week!!!LOL)

Your weight loss buddy!!!

Sandra

bodaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bodaisy Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 11:34am
post #144 of 2466

here's my newest weight 182.4 YEA I lost ONE pound.... (let me tell ya, it feels like a million!)

I apologize because I can't remember who submitted the site for the sparkpeople.com but, THANK YOU!! It's AWESOME... Love it.. I signed up and gave my weight, my goal and how long I want to take to reach my goal. And, day by day I'm able to go in and put the exact foods I eat and it caculates everything for me. (THAt's the scariest thing I've ever seen!! I didn't realize what I was putting into my mouth!) I'm able to put in the exercise regimn I'd like to do and it tells me "Ok you have to burn 220 calories today to reach your daily goal" It's a way cool site!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

I've also exercised more and am eating alot more fruit and veggies and salads. BLAH!!! But seeing that the summer clothes have to stay boxed for a few more months, I'll run, skip, hop or do whatever it takes. Thank you all for your support..

Good Luck everyone, we'll do this together.. thumbs_up.gif

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 12:42pm
post #145 of 2466

itsacake - I just registered for sparkpeople - I haven't totally looked at the whole site yet, but that is an awesome site!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

suzannetherlands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzannetherlands Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 2:22pm
post #146 of 2466

Hello,
i have weight thursday morning (yes indeed, before breakfast) and i still am 143 pund (77 kg). No surprise because i ate the same as always. But when easter is over, i am going to quit almost all my cookies and sweets icon_lol.gif
Bye! Suzan

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 9:37pm
post #147 of 2466

Hi all,

I just wrote a two page rant, read it, laughed, and deleted it!!!!!! I feel much better now. Thanks for providing the opportunity!!!!!! I missed yesterday's weigh in, as I've spent the last week getting ready for Passover, which is an extraordinarily idiotic process.!!!!!!!LOL I haven't had time to spend at CC. As predicted I've gained a pound. This morning I was at 151. Next week is still Passover, but the craziness is more-or-less over, so I'll be back to Jazzercise. By the week after next, I should be able to get back to the gym as well! Thinking about being part of this group is helping me be motivated, so that is a very good thing.

Congrats to all of us for sticking together.

Shalom,
itsacake!

bodaisy Posted 15 Apr 2006 , 1:42pm
post #148 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0use

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodaisy

Allright mmdd I'm in you've got me.. I am 31yrs old (just had a b-day on the 1st icon_biggrin.gif ) I'm 5'2 and weigh 180lbs. BUT The top half I swear is 30lbs of it icon_wink.gif . Anywhoo.. I work in an office answering phones and doing data entry, so needless to say I don't move much. However, on tues nights and every other sat I work at a local Ladies gym and I've found that I buffed up quite a bit, but I CANNOT lose the stomach!!!! UGHHH it's sooo frustrating. I mean I feel really good after working out for 1/2 hr and sometimes I'll do some of the machines more than others but I'm not losing weight. I can't figure it out, I stopped snacking at work, now I just have popcorn for my lunch at work and Yes honestly I'll sneak in a pepsi instead of water. I also drink 4cups of coffee in the morning hours. I workout on wed, fri and sat's here at the gym. Now w/nice weather I walk the dog 1mile or so when I get home. SOOO help, what else can I do. I'm here to support everyone else as were all in it together!! thumbs_up.gif

ps... can you refresh me on the exact rules?? thanks

Hi-
I noticed that you said you were drinking 4 cups of coffee in the am, when my step-mom cut out the coffee completely out of her diet, that seemed to help her loose weight. However I would not recommend cutting caffeine cold turkey unless you want really bad headaches. I would recommend cutting coffee out slowly to get your body used to having less and less. Also ask the trainers at the gym what kind of toning exercises you can do. The heavier the weight, the more muscle mass you are likely to build up.

I am now starting a low aerobic workout since i've built a ton of muscle mass from the "cuves kinda workout" now I'm stuck with lots of muscles. (i may be overweight, but i could do some massive hurt on somebody icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif) So my doc said stop doing the machines for 1 month and start the aerobics. So the first time around I do the very light aerobics then the second time he said to bring up my knees as far as I can and do that the second time around. (let me tell ya!!!! that *%&$ hurts like %&^*) But, I need to do it!!!!!!! I sweat terrible and I can feel my heart pumping like mad but I just think I CAN DO THIS!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif I'm hoping that after a few weeks I can go 4times around, cause right now it's only for like 15min I do this and I don't want to hurt myself in the beginning. I've been doing this for 4 days and I've already lost 2lbs (to me it's alot icon_smile.gif ) I've got a TON more energy and I still go home and walk the dog for a good 45min regardless of the weather... It's funny cause when I'm working out I can feel my butt jiggle and I'm like YUP jiggle that bootie right off!!! heheheeee...
As for the coffee, It's hard to give up, I only drink it in the morning and that's it. I used to drink a whole 6pack of reg pepsi a day and put on a lot of weight, however, I've since STOPPED that and have moved on. I think I can slowly wein myself off the coffee thing cause on the weekends I don't really drink it much, but cause I work at an office and sit at a desk I need to keep my hands busy so instead of eating I drink the coffee until about 10:00 then switch to WATER..... I'm trying.

ok enough rambling....

bodaisy Posted 15 Apr 2006 , 1:45pm
post #149 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by socake

I did it!!! I lost some weight!!!!!!!!

Congrats!! thumbs_up.gif

My normal weight in is Tues at 9pm, so I'm going to go ahead with that time as not to confuse myself. Last Tuesday I weighed 172.9. Last night it was 171. So I lost a pound this week, which I'm really happy about since it's that time of the month too. icon_wink.gif

For everyone else that is weighing I would pick a time of the day and try to weigh yourself at the same time every week. Your weight changes many times during the day and you weigh less in the morning than in the evenings. So if you have a weekly weigh in time you are going to have an more accurate idea every week.

Good FOR YOU!!!!! I'm doing a happy, happy dance for you!!!! It's pretty scary so good thing you can't see it.... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif have a great day

bodaisy Posted 15 Apr 2006 , 1:48pm
post #150 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodaisy

...However, on tues nights and every other sat I work at a local Ladies gym and I've found that I buffed up quite a bit, but I CANNOT lose the stomach!!!! UGHHH it's sooo frustrating. I mean I feel really good after working out for 1/2 hr and sometimes I'll do some of the machines more than others but I'm not losing weight.

Keep in mind, if you are working out with weights and machines you may be building up your mucles and mucles weigh more than fat. So that could be part of it. Also everyone loses weight differently. Are you losing inches by any chance??

inches are coming off really well, but all the weight is now muscle.. that's why I'm having a prob. I weighed myself w/the 3lbs off for the clothing but I think i'll stick w/ the straight weight... which was 183.6 I'll have to get that changed on my "chart". Yea the muscle thing sucks icon_wink.gif Why can't I be thin w/muscles????? icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%