April's Cookie Theme

Baking By Cake_Princess Updated 30 Apr 2006 , 9:40pm by Kos

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 8:50pm
post #61 of 139

JennT....are you just printing out a photo on card stock or something for your packaging and then stapling it to the bag??? What a great presentation!!!

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 9:05pm
post #62 of 139

All these cookies are just beautiful!! You guys are gonna make me want to do them too!! Great work! icon_smile.gif

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 18 Apr 2006 , 2:16am
post #63 of 139

Wow, everyone is doing such a wonderful job, they all look beautiful.

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 18 Apr 2006 , 5:36am
post #64 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

JennT....are you just printing out a photo on card stock or something for your packaging and then stapling it to the bag??? What a great presentation!!!

Yep...that's pretty much it...lol. I just put it all together on the computer...I put my biz info upside down, centered above the image or greeting that will be on the front of the package, so that once it's printed and cut (I print 2 to a page) and then folded in half, the biz/contact info will be right side up on the back. Did all that make sense?? icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif I fold over the top of the bag about an inch to inch and a half (depending on how big the cookies are....you want a little space between the cookie and the bottom of the 'tag'), then place the card over that just to cover the part of the bag that's folded over, and attach. I just used the staples because I couldn't find my hole punch....I usually punch 2 holes and use a short length of ribbon to thread through them and tie on a bow. It's really an easy way to have them look professional when you're only giving a few cookies and not a full blown cookie boquet or basket. I try to coordinate the images on the tags with the theme of the cookies or holiday or the colors, at least. Thanks for the nice compliment! HTH! icon_smile.gif

babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 20 Apr 2006 , 9:14pm
post #65 of 139

Hey hows everyone coming on your cookies. Cant wait to see them. I'm still practicing icon_smile.gif , but hope to see all those cool cookies soon. thumbs_up.gif

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 20 Apr 2006 , 9:56pm
post #66 of 139

April 30th is fast approaching everyone. Remember that's the deadline for posting your pictures for April's theme.

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 20 Apr 2006 , 10:00pm
post #67 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake_Princess

April 30th is fast approaching everyone. Remember that's the deadline for posting your pictures for April's theme.

Yeah, where are yours?

icon_razz.gif
kos

Zamode Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 12:46am
post #68 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos

Quote:

Yeah, where are yours?

icon_razz.gif
kos

Kos, I needed to laugh, thank you!

Chef_mary_mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_mary_mac Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 5:58am
post #69 of 139

these are my little lambs. sugar cookies with royal icing, coconut "wool" and chocolate head and feet! SOOOO Yummy! I made so many that I sent a package to my little brother AND my big sister! and I LOVE those easter bonnet cookies- such a great idea! wish i had as much patience as some of you ladies. keep up the good work!
LL

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 6:02am
post #70 of 139

Those little lambs are adorable, how cute, shame to eat them!
Hugs Squirrelly

pinkopossum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkopossum Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 10:27am
post #71 of 139

love your lambs, mary_mac! - great job!

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 11:22am
post #72 of 139

Ok..A Bit of info before I post. These are cookies that I did for a fundraiser at my son's school. They were given three options 1: the 2, 5" personalized egg (nightmare!) 2: the box filled with the 6 cookies on the left and 3: a bouquet.

I may not get the most well decorated (tried to make them easy for quantity) but I think I am in the running for quantity. 288 5" eggs, 17 boxes, and 7 bouquets. IN A WEEK! Lesson learned let me tell you! My next fundraiser has 3 weeks between orders in and orders out!

Anyhoo....hopefully i will be able to make some that are more up to the beautiful standard presented here.....Those rain hat ducks are absolutely the cutest thing! All of the pictures are wonderful and I am so very impressed.

Julia
LL

Kos Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 11:34am
post #73 of 139

Cute lambs chef_mary_mac(...mac...mac... all dressed in black, black black... sorry - that always runs through my head when I read your name dunce.gif )

acookieobsession - Great job! That's a lot of cookies. I can't imagine! They look great!

zamode - glad to see you back. How is your mother doing? Things sure are dull when you're not around stirring up trouble. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

kos

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 11:45am
post #74 of 139

Acookieobsession - WOW! that's a lot of cookies - you really do have a cookie OBSESSION, no?

Chef_mary - those are such cute lillte lambs!!

thanks, everyone, for your comments on my duck cookies. I really appreciate it!! While I am proud of them, I also notice every little flaw.

Can't wait to see more cookies!

pinkopossum Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 2:05pm
post #75 of 139

cookieobsession, you didi great! should have known they would have been that cute with a name like yours. icon_biggrin.gif

pinkopossum Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 2:07pm
post #76 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkopossum

cookieobsession, you didi great! should have known they would have been that cute with a name like yours. icon_biggrin.gif

whoops, a little heavy on the "i" icon_lol.gif

Cake_Princess Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 10:08pm
post #77 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos

Quote:

Yeah, where are yours?

icon_razz.gif
kos

I can't be chef, cook, dishwasher and cookie baker too... icon_biggrin.gif

Keep your shorts one woman. I know I have some baking to do. I have just been really busy. Don't worry I will do something simply to keep you happy.

Cake_Princess Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 10:10pm
post #78 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos

Quote:

Yeah, where are yours?

icon_razz.gif
kos

Kos, I needed to laugh, thank you!

About time you got off strike.

How is your mom doing?

Cake_Princess Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 10:12pm
post #79 of 139

Chef_Mary_Mac and Cookieobsession great job with your cookies.

Zamode Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 1:34am
post #80 of 139

Thank you C_P for asking about my Mom. Actually I am only on to add to the thread in the Lounge, I need help with some stuff. Everyone has been great with prayers and thoughts, encouragement and help.

She is home and doing alright, her therapy starts Monday and her primary doc visit is Tuesday. Still hard for me but I have to focus on her recovery and be grateful it wasn't worse. The little one is good therapy for her.

Kind of you to ask my bestest cookie pal, I do appreciate it.

I am still on strike when I come back......

SquirrellyCakes Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 3:17am
post #81 of 139

Whew Zamode, I thought you had crossed the picket line, glad to see the strike sign is back, haha!
Cookemonster Cookie Obsession, those are really cute cookies kiddo, love them, adorable and holy cookie crumbs, you were busy!
hugs Squirrelly

cat633 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cat633 Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 3:32am
post #82 of 139

I finally got time to make my April shower cookies. I knew what I was going to do since the theme was first decided. Gave me a chance to try sunflower cookies. They are made with the no fail cookie recipe and Antonia 64's icing. I will be using this cookie arrangement minus the umbrella and raindrops for table centerpieces for a womens luncheon. I have to make 10. This is great for practice.
LL

SquirrellyCakes Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 3:36am
post #83 of 139

cat633, that is just adorable, so cheerfully springlike, what a cute cookie bouquet, love it!
Hugs Squirrelly

cat633 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cat633 Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 4:10am
post #84 of 139

Thanks Squirrelly. By the way, I just love your ducky cookies Bonniecakes. Everyones cookies are great. I want to see more!!!

pinkopossum Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 10:35am
post #85 of 139

great cookies evryone!

Kos Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 1:05pm
post #86 of 139

cat633- great cookies. The sunflower is gorgeous. Love the pot too. Did you paint that yourself? Great job.

C_P princess.gif - any ideas for the month of May yet??

kos

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 3:17pm
post #87 of 139

April showers bring.....MAY FLOWERS!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 3:18pm
post #88 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonia74

April showers bring.....MAY FLOWERS!

that's EXACTLY what I was thinking!

Cat633 - thanks! your cookie pot is SO cute!

Kos Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 4:04pm
post #89 of 139

There are a few flowers done already for Spring.

What about things that start with the letter "M" for May, (cinco de Mayo, Mother's Day, Memorial Day, Medals {for those of us with school kids doing award ceremonies}, mortarboard {graduations}, mermaids {because I have a mermaid party to do for my daughter icon_lol.gif } to name a few)

kos

babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 4:31pm
post #90 of 139

Cookie Voyeur here. Waiting to see how cake princess, Antoinia , and all the others interpret the theme. All the cookies so far have been really great. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
I cant wait to get my digital camera to work so I can try. It will probably be next month. icon_cry.gif
Here are schools May Bulletin Board Ideas. I dont know if that would be helpful.
(Spring, Kites, Wind, Mother's Day)> Are there saying for each month? I can think of some of them but are the some for all of them?
Just love the theme idea for the cookies! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%