April's Cookie Theme

Baking By Cake_Princess Updated 30 Apr 2006 , 9:40pm by Kos

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 7:00pm
post #121 of 139

grandmacookie-- those cookies are sooo cute I love them! Does your DH wear glasses? It maybe time time for a visit to the eye doc. LOL I love the baby birds no imagination needed here!!

LOVEME-- I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It must help to know they lived a long life together and will not have to be separated for long.

grammacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammacookie Posted 29 Apr 2006 , 1:22am
post #122 of 139

Thanks Kos and Newtodecorating!
As a matter of fact he does need new glasses. I will admit they look better on here than in real life. Their feathers don't look so squiggly.
Must not have affected the taste of them. He ate all the bird nest ones first! He probably told me that so I wouldn't give them to the neighbors. lol
We have the greatest neighbors in the world next door so I am always sending baked stuff over to them. I LOVE to bake but all our kids have flown the coop so it is either eat it ourselves and look like blouted toads or give some of it away.

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 29 Apr 2006 , 1:23am
post #123 of 139

Loveme my thoughts and prayers are with your family. Cookies can and will always wait.

craftst3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftst3 Posted 29 Apr 2006 , 2:06am
post #124 of 139

Thanks to all of you that have answered my questions and given me suggestions. I Loved the cookie dough. I have never done cookies with cookie cutters before so it was nice to see them hold their shape. The icing was royal, and at first I tried to spread it but could not get it smooth. Then on some I piped it on and realized that was way to thick. I have watched the tutorial on decorating cookies and am gonna try it again tomorrow. If they come out better I will post another picture.

Zamode Posted 29 Apr 2006 , 3:10am
post #125 of 139

Crafts, keep after it, it takes time. Try different techniques, squeeze bottles or bags with tips. Getting the icing consistency is tricky, hence my strike. You can join the picket line if you like. icon_wink.gif

Just kidding!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 29 Apr 2006 , 7:03pm
post #126 of 139

grammacookie - the birdies are SO cute!

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 29 Apr 2006 , 11:34pm
post #127 of 139

Everyone's cookies look fantastic! I've had 3 orders in a row for soccer ball cookies, so nothing to add for April. I am anxiously awaiting May's theme though!

NEWTODECORATING, I think it's time to change your screen name to DECORATINGPRO! thumbs_up.gif I love the expression on your bunny faces!

loveme, I am sorry to hear about your MIL's condition. I will keep her in my prayers.

grammacookie- what did you use for the birds' nests on your cookies? They are really adorable! I think you're right, DH must've been pulling your leg so he could eat them himself!! icon_razz.gif Those men will do that... LOL

Great job everyone!

grammacookie Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 1:58am
post #128 of 139

Thanks everyone. I used brown icing and then covered with some toasted macaroon coconut I had.
I have been kidding my hubby that he must have been having a senior moment cause he is the only one who couldnt tell what they were.
You're right, momsandraven, they'll do about anything to get their fingers on the sweets!

momsandraven Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 3:00am
post #129 of 139

Well, after I went and said that I wouldn't be able to post anything for April, I had some extra cookie dough from my soccer balls, and a small brainstorm, so <yay!> I got to make some spring cookies after all! My kids were oohhing and aahing at the robins in our yard today (they're 3 and 4 yrs old, easily impressed icon_razz.gif ) so that was what I decided to go with.
LL

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 3:09am
post #130 of 139

Oh, great job. Love the little "home tweet home" sign too. Did you paint the cookies? They look terrific.

Three and four-year-olds can be easily impressed but they can also be brutally honest! When I get a compliment from my wee-ones, I know at least it's an honest one! icon_lol.gif

kos

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 3:14am
post #131 of 139

momsandraven-those are adorable!! That's it I have to get some of those food markers!! Not that I can draw a darn thing but hey I can try right.

Talk about kids being honest--took my 3 year old to the park and he informed me "Mommy you can't swing." When I ask why (expecting him to tell me I am to old) He replied "Your butt is to big" Guess it is time for a diet!!

Zamode Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 3:15am
post #132 of 139

The bird house is adorable. Where did you get the markers?

momsandraven Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 3:21am
post #133 of 139

zamode, I got the markers here at CakeCentral. Maybe this would be a good option for you until you are past your cookie icing funk? Then you could stop your strike! icon_biggrin.gif Just be sure to let your fondant stiffen a little. I tried to color the leaf a little too soon and you can see where my marker kept getting 'stuck' in the fondant.

thank you for all of your compliments! It really means a lot coming from you guys!

grammacookie Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 10:53am
post #134 of 139

momsandraven, I love the little bird houses! They are so pretty!
Would you say CC has gone to the birds?
I think food markers would be great for little ones wanting to help decorate and a whole lot easier than them trying to handle an icing bag.
I remember when the grandkids were little and helped. Sometimes we got into a really sticky situation but it was fun.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 1:28pm
post #135 of 139

momsandraven - great cookies! I wish I could draw as well as that!

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 3:15pm
post #136 of 139

All these cookies are looking simply marvelous..... Congrats everyone...

KOS.... I am pleased to announce I have cookies and cookie pics. April theme of course. But, no cable to upload pics LMAO. I visited my cousins last night took some pics and forgot some stuff there cable included.

Murphy's law if anything can go wrong it will. Once again this is another example why I should not procrastinate.

craftst3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftst3 Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 8:17pm
post #137 of 139

Sorry I am getting these on a day late. I wanted to try to do some that came out better than the others I did. They are posted in the cookie gallery because still haven't figured out how to resize them. These are done with the no fail cookie dough and thinned royal icing and marshmallow fondant. This is the first time I used the fondant and I loved it. Any comments on what I still need to work on would be greatly appreciated.

Zamode Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 9:31pm
post #138 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by momsandraven

zamode, I got the markers here at CakeCentral. Maybe this would be a good option for you until you are past your cookie icing funk? Then you could stop your strike! icon_biggrin.gif Just be sure to let your fondant stiffen a littl.!

Moms, I haven't even touched fondant yet, even with cake! That'll be another story in itself. I'd like to end the strike but the cookies still stink, hence my picket shall continue forward to May....

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 9:40pm
post #139 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftst3

Sorry I am getting these on a day late. I wanted to try to do some that came out better than the others I did. ....This is the first time I used the fondant and I loved it. Any comments on what I still need to work on would be greatly appreciated.

Much better already! You did a great job!! Most of us are still learning so I figure every batch to be a learning lesson of some sort. I haven't attempted fondant because I'm too scared. icon_surprised.gif Kudos to you!!

thumbs_up.gif
kos

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%