April's Cookie Theme

Baking By Cake_Princess Updated 30 Apr 2006 , 9:40pm by Kos

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 5 Apr 2006 , 4:30am
post #1 of 139

OK gang,
I know how long you have been waiting for this so here it is. Our first official monthly cookie theme.

April's Theme: Spring/April Showers

So remember, the group decided that all pictures must be new pictures (and new cookies). Meaning if you have a previous group of cookies already in your album (or in the forum) even if it depicts the theme you cannot use it. The idea of the monthly theme is to get our creative juices/new ideas flowing.

Use any medium to decorate your cookies. Fondant, royal icing, buttercream etc. The only stipulation is it has to be a medium used in cookie or cake decorating. So no play doh!! icon_biggrin.gif

Post pictures in this thread (Do not create a separate thread for your pics). Maximum of 3 pictures per person. You may however use graphics programs to create ONE collage of different pics/angles.

In your post please let us know which medium you used to decorate your Cookies. Also, if you could please let us know why you chose the design you did if the reason is not obvious. (For Example if the theme was Music and you made ghost cookies then let us know the connection. Ghost = Phantom and Phantom of the opera relates to music).

Have fun being creative. Look forward to seeing all your work.

Once again thank you all for showing more interest in this little project than I expected.

And before I forget to mention it, Bonniebakes has offered to help out with our little group. So feel free to ask her any questions as well.

Cake Princess

Edit:
I may have forgotten to post this here but it was in the cookie club thread. Please do not post monthly theme cookies to your personal album or cookie Gallery until after the monthly theme has expired. The reason for this is, as a group we all decided each picture must be new and not previously uploaded to the Galleries. Seeing that we have no way of knowing when pictures were uploaded this will help to prevent any squabbles about people using previously uploaded pictures.

I do apologize for overlooking this detail. I forgot to post it here, I guess I just assumed everyone read the original Cookie Club thread.

138 replies
bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 5 Apr 2006 , 11:34am
post #2 of 139

YEAH!!!!

I can't wait!!
I'm not sure if I'm more excited about creating or seeing other people's creations!!

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 4:14am
post #3 of 139

Just bumping this the help give everyone a reminder! icon_biggrin.gif

Cake_Princess Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 10:55pm
post #4 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennT

Just bumping this the help give everyone a reminder! icon_biggrin.gif

LOL Jenn is making sure you guys do not forget to bake your Cookies and post them here. LOL...

tastebuddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastebuddie Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 3:03am
post #5 of 139

I know there is a deadline for posting our pictures, but if we are done now, is it a good idea to post it?
And....advice on how to post the picture, I've never done that before!
Thanks.

Cake_Princess Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 4:07am
post #6 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastebuddie

I know there is a deadline for posting our pictures, but if we are done now, is it a good idea to post it?
And....advice on how to post the picture, I've never done that before!
Thanks.

You can start posting them any time you wish. All pics must be submitted by the end of April.

How to submit pics.
Pics must be no larger than 800pixels x 800 pixels. If they are larger you will need to use a graphics program of choice to resize them.

Scroll down and click on Add attachment. Browse to find the File or Files and add any comments then click on the Add attachment button on the side. You can check uploaded files by clicking on Posted attachments. Remember you can only post up to a maximum of 3 pics per person and ONE of your pics can be a collage.

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 2:53am
post #7 of 139

Hey, hey... icon_razz.gif ...Anyone finished with their cookies yet?? Don't forget to post 'em here icon_wink.gif

bonniebakes Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 11:28am
post #8 of 139

I'm cut them out and baked them, but haven't had time to do the decorating yet. I'll be posting soon, I hope!

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 1:29pm
post #9 of 139

I'm planning to do some today or tomorrow...I"m gonna try my hand at making some cookie cutters........the stencils take forever...i"m so impatient LOL

pinkopossum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkopossum Posted 11 Apr 2006 , 10:45am
post #10 of 139

Don't worry, Princess....I'm a comin'! Got my cookies planned out and everything - just a waiting for a slow day to start making a mess. You didn't think I'd leave you high and dry did ya? icon_wink.gif

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 9:00pm
post #11 of 139

Okay, so of course, in my mind, these looked much better. icon_lol.gif It's my "spring gardening collection" with garden gloves, a pack of seeds, and hand shovels. icon_confused.gif My husband says the dirt should be more "Georgia red"! The cookies are No Fail, the icing is Toba Garrett's. The shovels are hand-cut from a template and then threaded with ribbon (before letting the icing dry thoroughly) . icon_rolleyes.gif

Wow, I feel like I just finished an exam! lol

kos
LL

Kos Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 9:03pm
post #12 of 139

P.S.

Are we posting these in the gallery too?

kos

bonniebakes Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 9:06pm
post #13 of 139

Kos - they're so cute! I love the gardening gloves!!

Cake_Princess Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 10:03pm
post #14 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos

P.S.

Are we posting these in the gallery too?

kos

Can you hold off posting them in the gallery until this month's theme is over? This way there is no squabbles over people not following the rules that the pics be new and not previously posted. Thank you.

Cake_Princess Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 10:06pm
post #15 of 139

I love those cookies.... And here you were telling me you are not making any cookies for this month's theme. Sneaky Kos... LOL...

I would not even have thought about a gardening cookies... Great job Kos!!!!! And congrats on being the first official cookie theme poster....

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 12:17am
post #16 of 139

KOS! I thought you said something about cookie screw-ups?! Those came out great! icon_eek.gif I love the seed packet and the designs on the gloves. Great job!

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 8:44am
post #17 of 139

Kos - love your cookies!

Here are mine, made mainly for the Easter weekend celebrations and my daughter's Easter breakfast at school this morning (what?! - you don't consider cookies a breakfast food icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif ).

Roll-out cookies with Antonia74's icing (but I think i prefer straight traditional royal icing (with egg whites), to work wiith personally).
LL

pinkopossum Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 9:58am
post #18 of 139

Cute cookies Kos and jovibabe! thumbs_up.gif Love the gardening theme and the Easter cookies are so adorable. icon_biggrin.gif Seeing all those fantasic cookies makes me even more excited about getting started on mine. You two really set the bar high. Everthing about them is so neat! Now I'm just a waiting...Slow day come ON!

Kos Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 11:33am
post #19 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkopossum

... Now I'm just a waiting...Slow day come ON!

Slow day? icon_eek.gif How do we get so busy all the time??

Thanks for the compliments. I finally mixed Toba's icing long enough to not get any crystallization. "that's...a good thing!" My air-bubble dilemma has me irked. By the time I see an air bubble, the icing has crusted over too much and if I prick it, it leaves a pot-hole. On my garden glove cookies, I had to go over the outline again to cover the holes. The second outline seemed to work so maybe I'll bag the icing and let it sit for awhile longer.

bonjovibabe-- Love those cookies! Great colors, so springy and happy. The bunny face is terrific! The kids will enjoy their breakfast! icon_lol.gif (there is probably less sugar in the cookie than in a bowl of kid-cereal icon_wink.gif ) I have some egg-shaped cookies left to ice so you've inspired me. I better act on it quick!!

kos

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 12:31pm
post #20 of 139

Here are some cookies my 7, 3, and 2 yr. old helped with...........definitely not GREAT cookies....but they were GREAT FUN!!!!! Well, I don't know how to scale down the photo to attatch it here....usually I attatch stuff in my gallery and that takes care of it...then I just save it from the gallery and post in the forum but if we're not posting them in the forum until we're done.........then I don't know how to JUST post here. Whewwwwww, that's confusing...at least I know what I mean!!! LOL

craftst3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftst3 Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 4:22pm
post #21 of 139

I love your cookies. I didn't think about just making a few cookies. I thought I would have to make a lot of them to post. I had my cookies all planned out in my head and went to look for my cutters and they were gone, but have new idea with the little bit of them I found. I will be baking them this weekend and getting them posted.

pinkopossum Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 5:29pm
post #22 of 139

Oh I know Kos, seems like there's always something going. Even when I think it's not going to be a very demanding day, something pops up. For once, a break would be nice, huh? thumbs_up.gif

PS...GREAT COOKIES, Kos!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gif

Zamode Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 8:08pm
post #23 of 139

Babe and K, great job! Everyone is doing a super job!

Cake_Princess Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 10:14pm
post #24 of 139

Hi Folks,

Please remember to post April Cookie theme pics to this thread. Do not post them to your photo album until the month's theme is up. Remember that the group decided to have pics that were not previously posted to the gallery. So to avoid any squabbles about rules being broken please post you pics to the photo gallery only after the monthly theme has expired.

Cake_Princess Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 10:17pm
post #25 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamode

Babe and K, great job! Everyone is doing a super job!

Simmer down... No cookie strikes... LOL... LOL... rebel... Back to the kitchen woman... LOL... icon_biggrin.gif

Cake_Princess Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 10:19pm
post #26 of 139

Pictures uploaded to the forums can be no larger than 800x800 pixels.

I can't explain how to resize pics here because every graphics program does it in a different manner. If you do need help with resizing feel free to PM me and I will be more than willing to help you resize your pics.

slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 1:40am
post #27 of 139

OK, I have 2 pictures ready to post. I still have a couple of ideas for my third one, but will have to see how the time goes with the kids on spring break next week! icon_smile.gif

The first is a set of Easter Egg cookies I made for a lady who had to have "matching" cookies to give to two grandchildren, so the purple/blue set is as close to identical as possible to the green/blue set.

The second is my first attempt at flower baskets. I still need to work on those, LOL!

All cookies are no-fail with Antonia74's icing. (violets are royal icing).

Laura.
LL
LL

Kos Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 2:03am
post #28 of 139

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif Wow, WoW, WOW slejdick those are amazing. I love the baskets! Yikes, I have some serious practicing to do.

icon_biggrin.gif

kos

Zamode Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 2:25am
post #29 of 139

Wow, Laura, great tiny and neat detail.

Oh Kos, you do not!

I AM OUT OF THE CLUB! Look at what is being posted! Image

chellesunshine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellesunshine Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 3:08am
post #30 of 139

LOL @ Zamode