Decorating By Hippiemama Updated 10 Apr 2007 , 2:55am by ladysonja

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 9:20pm
post #1 of 17

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself since I just found this site. My name is Andrea. I went to my first class last night. I can already tell this is going to be addictive! I look forward to getting to know all of you and sharing ideas!

Andrea

16 replies
ladysonja Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladysonja Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 9:42pm
post #2 of 17

Hi Andrea -

I'm Sonja - I will be taking my first class tomorrow night. What happens on the first night? It's for two hours and the gals at the store have no idea nor could they tell me if I needed to bring anything - Commond Sense would be a note pad...

What did you think?

I'm new to this site too, but love all the information that our fellow cake decoraters share... I've been on the sight every night for a week... I wonder if the is a rehab for Cakecentral.com junkies?

Take care & good luck!

Hippiemama Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 9:48pm
post #3 of 17

Last night all we had to bring was a notepad and pen. During class we talked about the supplies that we would need, how to make the icing, baking the cake, basics of icing and took a look at upcoming classes to see what was in store for us. It should be a fun class!

Have fun at your class! I agree with you about cake central junkies, lol! I can already tell I'm going to spend a lot of time here.

Andrea

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 9:57pm
post #4 of 17

Welcome to CC, Andrea! You are as good as sunk when it comes to addiction. Cake Central is THE most addicting thing I have ever been exposed to! icon_lol.gif
There is so much to learn and you have definitely found the right place to learn it in conjunction with your classes.
I too am taking classes and am currently in Course III and Fondant and Gumpaste right now. Courses I and II went by with lightening speed.

Have fun and jump right in to a great group of friendly conversationalist with decorating talents untold!!

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 9:59pm
post #5 of 17

Welcome to C.C. ladysonja and Hippiemama. Great to have you both on board. You're gonna love it here. Warning though, it's tough to sign off once you get on here. icon_biggrin.gif There's so many wonderful people here who are so willing to help out. Really, the nicest bunch of people you'd ever expect to meet. I honestly don't know what in the world I did before I discovered this place. Anyway, so nice to meet you both and I look forward to getting to know you.
Margie

ladysonja Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 10:06pm
post #6 of 17

Thanks Andrea for the heads up for class.

I have tons of questions for the instructor already... I've made two cakes with fondant, but need to practice on my decorating skills with icing... to include covering a cake smooth with icing... I hope that class I & II fly by, I want to get to the Fondant & Gumpaste class... I'll check back with you if I get stumped... feel free to do the same...

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 4:13am
post #7 of 17

Welcome to you both. This is a wondeful site. I have withdrawel symptoms if I don't sign on to CC at least once a day. I am sure you will do well & look forward to seeing all you cakes.

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 4:49am
post #8 of 17

Welcome!!

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 4:51am
post #9 of 17

Welcome to CC!

TJB22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJB22 Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 5:06am
post #10 of 17

Welcome! You will love it here. This site is soooo addictive and if you ever need any help this is the place to go. icon_biggrin.gif

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 6:43am
post #11 of 17

Welcome aboardicon_smile.gif I've only been here for a few weeks now and if you look at my post count, you can tell I'm already hooked! icon_lol.gif

Very good site to visit icon_biggrin.gif

Hippiemama Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 12:29pm
post #12 of 17

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I can tell this site can be quite addictive. I spent quite sometime last night reading through things. Looking forward to being here!

Andrea

MemphisMom9801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MemphisMom9801 Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 12:40pm
post #13 of 17

Welcome, Andrea! My name is Cathy and we're so glad you've found and joined us. You'll find friendly folks, lots of help, and plenty of ideas around here. Jump right on in and share with us. icon_smile.gif

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 12:40pm
post #14 of 17

Welcome to CC!! There is so much to learn here, you have come to the right place. Welcome to our addiction icon_biggrin.gif

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 12:53pm
post #15 of 17

Welcome! You will love it here at CC and doing cake decorating too! Enjoy! thumbs_up.gif

Spoiled1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spoiled1 Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 11:52pm
post #16 of 17

Welcome Andrea!

This site is so fun and informative! The people here are wonderful and SO helpful! The only problem I have found is that I can't pull myself away long enough to bake my cakes like I should be! icon_lol.gif

Happy Baking!
Julie

icon_biggrin.gif

ladysonja Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 2:55am
post #17 of 17

I just finished my first class this evening... The first thing I did after letting the dogs out, talking to the bird and fish was sign on and read what's been going on today at CC... I'm so in trouble!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%