New Reciepe-What Do You Think?

Decorating By ASupergirl Updated 24 Apr 2006 , 2:09am by Susecita

ASupergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASupergirl Posted 4 Apr 2006 , 12:45am
post #1 of 23

I just tried a new reciepe- own creation of course....I made my husband try it and he likes it- but I won't try it (I don't like coffee....and yes I created a "coffee flavor" ha ha....) and I need some opinions!

It's a Chocolate Cake soaked with Cappuccino and frosted with a Mocha Rum Buttercream....sound yummy or crummy? Let me know!!! Thanks!

22 replies
crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 4 Apr 2006 , 1:14am
post #2 of 23

I think it sounds to-die-for delicious! I'm not a coffee drinker, but I LOVE coffee-flavored anything else!

ASupergirl Posted 4 Apr 2006 , 1:30am
post #3 of 23

crisseyann- I'm close to you. I don't like anything coffee- no flavor no nothing...but I do like the smell of it...ha ha..weird huh? My hubby just snuck another piece of it. I did some in mini petite individual cakes and then just started crumbling the rest to do cake balls....he thinks he's sneaky at snitching stuff- like I don't notice missing frosting and cake...ha ha

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 2:16am
post #4 of 23

I'm not a big fan of coffee flavored desserts, but drink lots of coffee! It does sound good though. I would think as long as the coffee flavor isn't overpowering it would be a great flavor combo, but that's just me! Sounds like your DH is enjoying it!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 2:18am
post #5 of 23

please share the recipe so we can all try it and get back to you

(in my case that could be awhile since you're not supposed to talk with your mouth full ---- of cake!)

partsgirl25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
partsgirl25 Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 2:42am
post #6 of 23

I'm with doug...please share!

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 10:12am
post #7 of 23

I agree....recipe PLEASE!!! I love the whole coffee thing. This sounds absolutely delish!!!

TIA,
Tanya

chellebell70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellebell70 Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 2:50pm
post #8 of 23

yummy not crummy! yes please do share!

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 2:53pm
post #9 of 23

Yes, Yes, Yes, Please let us know how it turns out. Thanks

prplnoodles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prplnoodles Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 3:32pm
post #10 of 23

I would love to try this cake, definitely sounds YUMMY!!

ASupergirl Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 1:27am
post #11 of 23

Okay all..something is up with my computer...but finally.....I found out that you all requested...so here it is.....I make a really strong cappuccino and then I paint it with a pastry brush into the cake where I have removed the top layer to level it or you could do it down in between the torted layers...I don't think it really matters as long as the cappuccino gets down into the freshly cut part of the cake. I used a chocolate fudge cake. The buttercream was my basic buttercream reciepe but I added a couple tablespoons of cocoa to it and instead of the milk or water (whichever one you use) I used a light color Rum.....Man was this cake good...We had the family over for dinner at our house and all of my mini cakes were gone!!! This is a keeper for me. If you want to do a non-alcoholic way of the Rum flavor, since the alcohol isn't "cooked" off, you can use the Rum flavoring instead of vanilla..I've done both and it works really well!! The cappuccino and the rum made an excellent combo with the chocolate fudge cake...not too overpowering on anything....I hate coffee and I loved this cake!!!So now what do you all think of the reciepe???? icon_biggrin.gif

ASupergirl Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 1:30am
post #12 of 23

Oh an if you are going "What?!?" on replacing the milk/water with Rum cause it sounds like too much? Replace half of the milk/water with Rum...still get the taste just not as strong....and you have to "paint" the cappuccino into the cake while it is still warm...key element here otherwise the cake got all squishy on me when I let it cool and then tried it....WARM CAKE is the key people.....then let it cool to frost it!!! icon_smile.gif

RhondaK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RhondaK Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 1:34am
post #13 of 23

Thanks for the recipe idea - it sounds awesome!! I will definitely have to give this one a try. thumbs_up.gif

RaRaRobyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaRaRobyn Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 5:45pm
post #14 of 23

YUM...I am SO trying this. My main purpose in life is coffee. Its one of my major food groups, and this cake sounds to DIE for!!! THANKS!!!

Kimanalynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimanalynn Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 5:51pm
post #15 of 23

THis sounds like the perfect cake for me to try to make for my friend's birthday; not for a few months, but thanks for the tips!

ljhow623 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljhow623 Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 6:05pm
post #16 of 23

I was just asked yesterday if I could do a coffee flavored cake. Wow it sure sounds great, I bet it smelled wonderful too. I can't wait to try it.
Thanks.

ASupergirl Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 7:17pm
post #17 of 23

You are all super welcome!! It did smell great!!! If you have any problems with it, just pm me and I'll walk you through it! I'm here to help!!! Have a super weekend folks!!

Chef_Mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Mommy Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 4:32pm
post #18 of 23

I left this site open and my DH started reading and immediately asked if I could make this cake for him. I will be trying it soon. Thanks for the recipe!

Jackie

Susecita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susecita Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 5:40pm
post #19 of 23

My question is, does it actually taste like coffee? What coffe does is that it makes chocolate flavor stronger. I wonder if this creates the same effect hence why it tastes so delish or if it actually tastes like coffee? How do you tell the difference? Thanks!

ASupergirl Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 6:24pm
post #20 of 23

Susecita- It does make the chocolate flavor stronger and it does have a slight coffee linger that is suttle but super yummy. Make sense? Let me know if I need to explain it more. icon_smile.gif

Susecita Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 12:20am
post #21 of 23

Nope, absolutely clear. I was just looking for a recipe that tastes more like coffee than chocolate and wondered if there are ways to get that effect other than using a coffee flavored oil.

ASupergirl Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 12:34am
post #22 of 23

Susecita...since you are looking for something coffee flavored....what about replacing the water in a recipe with coffee??? I've never tried it. But now I'm curious to know if that would make a better coffee flavor for you. if you try it that way, let me know! icon_smile.gif

Susecita Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 2:09am
post #23 of 23

AS! That's an awesome idea. I will give it a try in one of my runs and will post about it here. icon_surprised.gif) Thanks for the idea!

-S

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%