What More Can I Do?????

Decorating By hnogden Updated 8 Apr 2007 , 11:25pm by hnogden

hnogden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hnogden Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 23

This is my first cake for someone other than family and I dont know what else to do to it. I am gonna put the foil rapped chocolate eggs infront of the bunnies, but I dont know how to do flowers, or anything. If anyone has any easy suggestions Please help!!!
LL

22 replies
soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 7:43pm
post #2 of 23

what about drop flowers? Just a swirl with a white or different color center.

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 7:47pm
post #3 of 23

...you can even just make tiny different colored dots for flowers around the fence area.... thumbs_up.gif

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 23

jelly beans or marshmallow peeps for color and variety?

hnogden Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 7:59pm
post #5 of 23

Thank ya'll so much. My lack of skill is really showing. icon_cry.gif Thank you for the suggestions. Off to the store I go. Was even thinking of cheating and going to the walmart to buy a cake and put the flowers on this one. icon_redface.gif

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 8:02pm
post #6 of 23

I would love to add lots of flowers to that cake...in all different colors, if not to big a deal icon_smile.gif

Sugarbunz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbunz Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 11:00pm
post #7 of 23

You can just put "dots" for flowers too. Very cute cake icon_smile.gif

schildwaster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schildwaster Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 11:43pm
post #8 of 23

I would put the eggs in front of the fence and give the rabbits some carrots to hold. I agree with just a few drop flowers in different colors, that would make it pop. maybe give the bunnies a gender with bows on necks and heads

mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 1:08am
post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnogden

Thank ya'll so much. My lack of skill is really showing. icon_cry.gif Thank you for the suggestions. Off to the store I go. Was even thinking of cheating and going to the walmart to buy a cake and put the flowers on this one. icon_redface.gif

It's not lack of skill, it's an 'idea block'. Don't ever sell yourself short, those bunnies are adorable!!! At least your bunnies don't looked like someone stepped on them (as mine did, thank goodness my niece ate it off the cake before anyone saw it!)

theecakelady47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theecakelady47 Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 1:18am
post #10 of 23

This makes me remember a cake I did a long time ago. I smashed mini marshmallows flat, cute them around the edges, to make little daisies, and added a dot of yellow in the centers-you could use the colored marsmallows and have pretty pastel flowers all over. Oooh, gave myself a good idea for the grandkids..... thumbs_up.gif

jendalain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jendalain Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 1:32am
post #11 of 23

The drop flower idea is great. And...it is pretty easy too. Meaning...it is the only flower I know how to make. icon_smile.gif

Be sure to post a pick of your final picture!

hnogden Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 1:37am
post #12 of 23

ok can someone give me step by step instructions on drop flowers. talk slow and use small words. pretend i dont know anything. oooh wait I dont you dont need to pretend. icon_razz.gif

jendalain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jendalain Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 1:42am
post #13 of 23

Use the 2D tip. Practice on wax paper first. Put the tip down on the paper and squeeze. Stop before you lift up. Then take a 3 tip and put a dot in the center.

You can also you the sam tip and twist it slightly and make the pedal look swirled.

hnogden Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 3:11pm
post #14 of 23

Ok so here is my finished product. I ended up shaping flowers out of the MMF. My DH helped me early this morning. icon_biggrin.gif
LL

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 3:15pm
post #15 of 23

aww, that looks great thumbs_up.gif The colors really make it icon_smile.gif

Lejla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lejla Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 4:02pm
post #16 of 23

Awww,it turned out really,really cute.I know it is too late now for any sugestions,but I was going to say that,maybe if you had put one of the bunnies down beside the cake and tuned his face towards the cake,with his arms raised up as if he was trying to climb up the cake to be with the rest of the little bunnies,or maybe have one of them handing him a carrot trying to get him to hold on to it,so he could climb up.But anyway the cake turned out great anyway.It really is cute cake.Great Job.

dolphins256 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolphins256 Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 4:17pm
post #17 of 23

It's adorable. It looks great with all the colors now. Very cute.

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 5:59pm
post #18 of 23

that looks sooo cute.
you did a great job, and thanks to hubby for helping!

meggylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meggylou Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 6:10pm
post #19 of 23

The before and after is great. It really shows how much difference a little color can make. Before the additions, the cake was cute...after the additions, the cake is soo adorable.

qtcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtcakes Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 7:49pm
post #20 of 23

thats amazing!!!! you did a very nice job. and its so springy and colorful! thumbs_up.gif

mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 11:10pm
post #21 of 23

Awesome! You DID sell yourself short, there is talent there icon_smile.gif

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 11:14pm
post #22 of 23

So cute! I like the flowers!

hnogden Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 11:25pm
post #23 of 23

Thank you all so much for your kind words. It was a huge hit at the party. Most people didnt believe I made it. Had to prove it with my strangly colored fingernails. I hope to get better and stop asking the rudimentary questions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%