Easter Cake!!

Decorating By mariak Updated 7 Mar 2016 , 4:41pm by GloriCreations

mariak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariak Posted 3 Apr 2006 , 7:56pm
post #1 of 11

I would like to do a cake for Easter but I want to go with more of a religious theme instead of bunnies and eggs. My idea is to do a FBCT of the resurrection and maybe some sort of verse or saying with flowers. I haven't seen any cake like this and I haven't found an image yet either. I have looked for coloring pages on Google but so far I haven't found anything. If anybody has seen a cake along these lines or knows where I can find a picture that is simple enought to do a transfer I would really appreciate it. Thanks

10 replies
crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 3 Apr 2006 , 8:16pm
post #2 of 11

Hi,

You might find inspiration from looking at some cross stitch books or websites. I did a search on 'cross stitch religious' and found some things there.

This site has a lot of religious stuff. I like the cross with the iris on it. For Easter you could put the cross on the cake with a transfer or just pipe it on then put lilies on it and say 'He Is Risen' or something like that.

http://www.craftdesigns4you.com/freecschristianpatterns.htm

This site has a neat silhouette of three crosses.

Hope this helps.

http://www.salt-and-pepper.com/Relig.htm

Sorry, I was trying to fix the URL for the one with the iris' and I am obviously lost on how to get it into the middle of the text so here it is at the end.

Cindy

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 3 Apr 2006 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 11

Hi Mariak,
I too am making an Easter cake and just received my cross pan from Wilton. Could not find one anywhere and finally had to order one. I plan to bake the cross pan and put it on 1/2 sheet cake (good thing because the cake is alot smaller than I thought it was going to be). It holds one cake mix. Good luck in your search. I am also baking and decorating the lamb cake and placing it on the 10 1/1" oval with white picket fences around it (you know, Lamb of God theme?). Best wishes and please post your cake when you finish.

ape Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape Posted 3 Apr 2006 , 8:34pm
post #4 of 11

Maybe the sun set in the background with the three crosses on the hill "He is risen!"

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 4 Apr 2006 , 7:14pm
post #6 of 11

How about a 3-D cross with a white fondant drape?

edited for duh factor...typed 3-C and meant 3-D ! icon_confused.gif

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 5 Apr 2006 , 12:22am
post #7 of 11

I am making a cross cake this year and love the idea of a transfer. thanks for the color page idea

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 5 Apr 2006 , 12:30am
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ape

Maybe the sun set in the background with the three crosses on the hill "He is risen!"

GMTA!!!

this is the pattern I used for my Easter cake last year. (a book with this on the right page and the bunch of roses on left.)
LL

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 5 Apr 2006 , 3:21am
post #9 of 11

That is really nice, Doug. Kind of simple but it says it all!

Cindy

mommymarilyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommymarilyn Posted 5 Apr 2006 , 4:19pm
post #10 of 11

There is a cake in the easter gallery uploaded by blossum that has a sunset in the background with a cross that says He is risen - it is a really cute idea. icon_biggrin.gif

GloriCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GloriCreations Posted 7 Mar 2016 , 4:41pm
post #11 of 11

Yes Doug, That's a very good Idea!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%