Chocolate Dipped Fruit

Sugar Work By mjjandz Updated 7 Apr 2007 , 6:22pm by mjjandz

mjjandz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjjandz Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 10:54am
post #1 of 14

Has anyone dipped fruit besides strawberries? I was think of dipping oranges and other kinds of fruit. Would the juice from the orange make the chocolate not stick? and suggestions? or what kind of fruit to dip?

Thanks

13 replies
praetorian2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
praetorian2000 Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 11:45am
post #2 of 14

You could use apples or bananas.
When people need to coat something slick in batter, they flour it first so the batter will stick. Maybe you could coat the orange or other slick fruits like peaches or plums or whatever in cocoa powder and then dip in chocolate.
Then there's also dried fruit like apricots.

mjjandz Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 11:51am
post #3 of 14

Thanks for the idea. I will give it a try. I will try with an orange first.

MrsTCHJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsTCHJ Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 12:06pm
post #4 of 14

Every year for the 4th of July we go out on a big boat to watch the fireworks from the ocean. I always make a BIG platter of chocolate dipped stuff for us all to munch on. You can pretty much dip anything in chocolate. I have dipped apples, bananas, oranges, blueberries, raspberries, etc. Just dry it off with a paper towl first. My personal favorite is chocolate dipped potato chips (make sure you use the ridged variety).

mjjandz Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 2:13pm
post #5 of 14

hmmmmm chocolate coverd potato chips, I going to try this.

Thanks

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 4:03pm
post #6 of 14

Slices of fresh pineapple are really good dipped in chocolate too. Drain the pineaple on paper towels to dry before dipping.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 4:13pm
post #7 of 14

I offer choc dipped marschino cherries. They taste NOTHING like the choc cov'd cherries candy (Thank God because i just hate THOSE things!) .... they are very popular with my clients. Dry them well before dipping. There's a photo in my pics.

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 4:14pm
post #8 of 14

i dip cherries to make my mice, but you can just dip the cherry part and not make the mice. when i make the mice, and have leftover chocolate, i dip everything! lol. anything i can find that's not nailed down or moving! icon_biggrin.gif (i also like chocolate covered pretzles, but some people say they aren't a fruit! lol)
LL

mjjandz Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 4:58pm
post #9 of 14

your mice are so cute.

do you leave your choc. dipped fruit on the
counter/ or should I put it in the fridg?

we will be eating it tomorrow.

I am posting a picture in my gallery

jescapades Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 5:13pm
post #10 of 14

thanks! okay, i dip in melted milk chocolate chip usually. but i made mice for thank you gifts for my open house and used candy melts because they were on sale. i put in the fridge and this happened (see below). i probably won't use the candy melts again and stick to what i know. i always put the mice in the fridge when i used the choc. chips.
LL

mjjandz Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 5:21pm
post #11 of 14

oh poor little mice. I used wilton candy melts, they are on sale. I will the platter on the counter with a HUGE not DO NOT TOUCH OR DIE, LOL

mjjandz Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 5:21pm
post #12 of 14

ps how did you make the mice?

jescapades Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 5:30pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjandz

ps how did you make the mice?

the bodies are maraschino cherries with stems, dipped in chocolate. then when the chocolate is still warm, but just a little set, attach a hershey kiss for the head and almond slices for the ears. then let them dry completely and use decorating gel for eyes and a nose. viola! chocolate mice!!

mjjandz Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 6:22pm
post #14 of 14

thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%