Ot - Animated Avatars

Decorating By Joshsmom Updated 24 Apr 2005 , 11:21pm by Beecharmer

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 2:41am
post #1 of 10

I've been searching for a good animated avatar website but alot of them seem to have actors and/or gory/evil type ones which certainly is not my style. What are some good sites to visit?

9 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 3:14am
post #3 of 10

Thanks Lisa, those sites should keep me busy for awhile.

Beecharmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beecharmer Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 2:10pm
post #4 of 10

Hi -

I am also a regular on another forum for beekeepers. Their size is very small. Only 3KB, I believe. Can you tell me directions on resizing?

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 3:38pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beecharmer

Hi -

I am also a regular on another forum for beekeepers. Their size is very small. Only 3KB, I believe. Can you tell me directions on resizing?

Here some directions..
1) Go to www.gifworks.com
2) Go to the middle of the screen and choose File then File Open...
3) If you have the file saved to your computer, choose method 2- click on Browse... and find your file
3) Highlight your file, and click on Open, the file name will autofill into the screen
4) Click on Upload Image, the screen will change and your animated gif will show up on the middle of the screen
5) Then in the middle of the screen, go to Edit, Resize, arrow over to and choose Resize image...
***in this same area you can also choose Crop, I would recommend cropping first to remove any excess empty space around your image
6) A separate box will pop up, change your width number to anything below 110, hit the tab key on your keyboard, and the Height number will automatically change for you. Click ok and you will see the image on the screen change to a different size.
7) Once you are done editing your image, go to middle of the screen, go to File and then File Save... and the screen will change again.
8 ) You will then see your new image on the screen in the middle. Right click on the image. Choose Save Image As... or Save Picture As... and save it to where ever you want.
See below for Before and After
LL
LL

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 3:46pm
post #6 of 10

hey joshsmom... I have a couple of cute avatars of boys/babies that might fit you if you want to look... they are already to be adopted if you would like to be the one to do it.....icon_smile.gificon_lol.gif

Joshsmom Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 3:56pm
post #7 of 10

Oh what a sweetheart (big huge hug), thank you flayfurdfun for going this extra mile. I would LOVE to see them.

Vic

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 5:52pm
post #8 of 10

m0use...those are great directions. I just wanted to add that Smart Crop will crop the image perfectly for you. Also that Despeckle and Reduce Color will also decrease the image size.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 6:27pm
post #9 of 10

Thank you...and thank you for adding those extra steps Lisa.

Beecharmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beecharmer Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 11:21pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks so much. I will try this out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%