Non Dairy Icing

Decorating By shriri Updated 1 Apr 2006 , 7:43pm by denise2434

shriri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shriri Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 10:35am
post #1 of 5

Hello all.
This may sound strange, but I'm planning on making my own wedding cake with my dad, and we can't ice/cover it with dairy products. Does anyone have any ideas about a non dairy, white icing other than fondant?

4 replies
tootsa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootsa Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 11:24am
post #2 of 5

Not strange at all, Shiri!

My son has a little friend who is allergic to dairy, so I've always made his bday cakes non-dairy, so she could have some cake at the party!! (they're 3...how awful to have to tell a 3 yr old she can't have cake!!!) Anyway....

I've used the Wilton buttercream icing recipe, but instead of the milk, I use water. It's that simple! Good luck!

TamiAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamiAZ Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 1:09pm
post #3 of 5

Pastry Pride and Frostin' Pride are both non-dairy. They are whipped frostings that come frozen. You just defrost and whip up with a mixer. I buy it Smart-N-Final.

ellyrae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellyrae Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 1:43pm
post #4 of 5

My son is allergic to dairy and I use Wilton's ready made white decorator icing in a can (comes in a big tub also). It's suprisingly good and no mixing. Just stir it, add a tiny bit of water for icing and writing, leave thick for roses, borders, etc...I use it whenever my son will be eating cake!

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 7:43pm
post #5 of 5

HI!! Here is a recipe that I posted and it has no dairy and it is very yummy!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2124-0-White-As-Snow-Buttercream.html

Hugs, ~Denise

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%