Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 3:29am
post #5 of 8

That is so cool!!! I'm going to make this icon_biggrin.gif

Lazy_Susan

ellyrae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellyrae Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 5:15pm
post #6 of 8

Yummy! That "cake" looks good! This reminded me of something my mom and I did on April fool's day for a neighbor who's birthday was Apr 1. (I was only about 8 or 9 yrs old at the time).

We lived in Illinois where the rich soil is black. We took some of the soil and pressed it into a glass 9x13 cake pan and sifted powdered sugar on top. (It looked like brownies!) We added a few candles and went down the street to her house to offer the gift.

She thought it was SO sweet of us to make her a "cake"!! Her sons saw it and were dying for a piece!! (mom and I just chuckled to each other but held our lips). She got out plates and forks and started cutting it into squares. It actually held together very well! As she made her cuts, she said "oh there must be nuts in here!" She was actually hitting small pebbles! She served a square on a plate and her son went for a bite with his fork and thats when we stopped him and yelled "April fools!!!" They couldn't believe it wasn't a real cake!

IT was lots of fun and mom did have a "real" cake waiting at the house and we invited the family over for cake.

Just thought I'd share a memory of Apr fools!!! Don't let anyone "getcha"!!!
elly

momlovestocook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momlovestocook Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 6:25pm
post #7 of 8

I'm making "cupcakes" for supper and "pizza" for dessert tonight. I saw the idea on family fun for the meatloaf cupcakes topped with colored mashed potatoes so I'm making those and then thought hey, might as well make a pizza cake for dessert. Going to surprise the girls icon_biggrin.gif

sandra

joanmary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joanmary Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 5:39pm
post #8 of 8

I had my grandkids - ages 8 and 6 - over for April Fools Day. Told them they were having cake for dinner - I made the one pictured above (although it didn't quite look like that). I did feel a little bad when my grandson looked at it and asked why there were carrots on the table with the cake. He was so disappointed when I cut into it. The 6 year old said, "I knew you wouldn't give us cake for dinner."

I made up for it, however, with a great dessert. Not homebaked, but from a new bakery in town that makes only cupcakes - great cupcakes - The Cupcakery.

Anyway, though the kids were disappointed with dinner they loved dessert.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%