Need Help For Special Cake Idea

Decorating By sgirvan Updated 25 Apr 2005 , 7:12am by tanyascakes

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 23 Apr 2005 , 5:18am
post #1 of 8

My daughter who is 6 1/2 is coming up on her 1st year anniversary of being cancer free. Her name is Faith and she was diagnosed with Leukemia when she was 3. She underwent 26months of chemotherapy and June will mark her 1 year off of chemo. We are having a party again this year and I want to make the cake special. Last year I just bought one from a grocery store but would like to make it myself this year. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
SHayla

7 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 23 Apr 2005 , 5:36am
post #2 of 8

Faith is a very strong and blessed little girl. How about a cake with the orange leukemia awareness ribbon on it (maybe some flowers too). You could write Faith Conquers All. I don't know if that's special enough but it's what came to mind.

I'm really, really glad Faith is off of Chemo and doing well. That's something to celebrate for sure!

Lynarieonis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynarieonis Posted 23 Apr 2005 , 8:44am
post #3 of 8

She is a little girl...I would make a cake with her favorite things or cartoon people on it. Make this a day of looking to a "normal" future doing things any 6 1/2 year old would do.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 23 Apr 2005 , 8:47am
post #4 of 8

Well ask her what her most favorite thing is. Perhaps then you will have an idea of what she wants and you can make it special from there....... thats what I would do.... I know our kids are our lives and we want whats best for them.....

elin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elin Posted 23 Apr 2005 , 3:52pm
post #5 of 8

As our children is our future, we allways wants the best for them. You could ask your daughter what she have in her dreams, and get an idea out of that.

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 4:06am
post #6 of 8

Thanks guys, I will have to see what we can come up with "together" and see how it turns out. I'll let you guys know when the time gets closer.

Thanks
SHayla

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 25 Apr 2005 , 3:05am
post #7 of 8

OH, Sgirvan that is wonderful news!!!! I'm so happy for you & Faith!!!! I'm so happy you shared that news with us! Gives me something else to be happy & feel blessed about!!! Thank you!!

What about a princess cake? A 3 tiered cake with all of Faith's favorite colors on it? My niece will be 10 in Oct & she has ordered (LOL) a topsy tervy cake from me! She wants lots of bright colors on it~ Hopefully I can make one by then! I know girls love bright colors. A tier cake would make her feel very special LIKE SHE IS!!!!

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 25 Apr 2005 , 7:12am
post #8 of 8

Hi, sgirvan. I don't have any special ideas. But I wanted to tell you how happy I am that your daughter is doing so well. You have an amazing gift with this new chance at a "normal" life for her. It is a blessing, but I am sure that you know that. I will keep you and yours in my prayers. Faith is a wonderful name for your wonderful baby-I know that she is a big girl! Take care!
Tanya

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%