Pink Iceing And Diamonds

Decorating By Bakersaucier Updated 5 Apr 2007 , 11:58pm by peacockplace

Bakersaucier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakersaucier Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 11:12pm
post #1 of 6

I have made a cake for every Birthday party for my kids and my Niece. Usually easy ones. this year my Niece wants SUPER GIRL. I need light pink iceing and Dark pink Any ideas how to get it right? Dark pink turns out Red. Is there a food coloring for pink? Also I wanted to try and make some kind of Diamond on the cake smoe thing like the silver ball candies. But more like Diamonds any one know where you can get something like that. Baking is my passion but I am an amiture. I don't know where to get many baking supplies. So any and all help is welcome. icon_smile.gif

5 replies
crumbscakeartistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbscakeartistry Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 11:24pm
post #2 of 6

You can get pink icing. Put in just a touch for a baby pink color. Add more and more and it turns into a brighter pink. You can do a test run and maybe add touches of a few other colors to get the color exactly to what she wants. For the diamond look use dragee, luster dusts, edible glitter, and even rock candy. Good luck and have fun.

sujeeart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sujeeart Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 11:25pm
post #3 of 6

If you have a Michael's near your home you should be able to find pink food color. They have a lot of decorating supplies. I haven't made anything like a diamond but I would think maybe a clear gel with edible glitter on it would be close. You can get the gel and glitter at Michael' also.

Kyleen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kyleen Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 11:26pm
post #4 of 6

yes, they do make many food colors including pink. I would use a small amount of color for one batch and add more for the darker batch. As for the diamond pattern. I let my buttercream crust and press an impression mat into it. They sell them on ebay, which is where i got mine and many other online stores, sugarcraft.com is good. I attach my dragees at the diamond intersections with piping gel so you won't see the dot of icing where the dragee is applied. icon_smile.gif

ccwkg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccwkg Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 11:27pm
post #5 of 6

I did the diamond on a super girl cake with another small cake cut into the diamond shape. I printed the emblem off of my computer and used it as a template. I don't have it in my photos so here it is. I hope this helps! Oh,,, and I used Wilton Pink for the color.
LL

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 11:58pm
post #6 of 6

Wilton's rose makes a pretty dark pink.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%