Children's Choir Cake Slogan Help Please

Decorating By Sparklycake Updated 31 Mar 2006 , 11:51pm by mariamom

Sparklycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklycake Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 10:23am
post #1 of 7

We are having a Thankyou Party for our children's Choir next week. The kids agreed to start up their own Choir after Christmas and have been practicing every week since and its such a lift to our normal mass each month when they sing. Now that they know their tunes and are semi professional, lol, only kidding but know that they know their tunes and are doing so well we thought we'd reward them with a little party before the Easter School Holidays.

I was thinking of doing a 10" Round Chocolate Fudge Cake with buttercream, fondant iced with musical notes for decoration, but can anybody help me with a slogan.

The only thing I can come up with is "Thankyou for the Music" but then ABBA comes into my head and I'd rather something a little more religious if anyone can think of something.

6 replies
MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 11:22am
post #2 of 7

how about something along the lise of "thank you little angel voices" . . ok that does not sound so great, but I keep thinking of angelic voices of children singing.

Deb

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 11:23am
post #3 of 7

How about 'Singing His Praises'?

newdec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newdec Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 11:34am
post #4 of 7

Playing off of bonjovibabe's suggestion - how about "Lifting our spirits by (or while) singing His praise"

Sparklycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklycake Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 1:17pm
post #5 of 7

Oh I love that last one Newdec, I think you've hit on it for me! Thank you to Bonjovibaby too

"Lifting our spirits by singing his praise"

Its very important to keep these kids going. We haven't a great community feel in our parish which is a shame and our adult choir, they try, bless them but there is no life to their hymnsl. The kids have people singing along and clapping, its a whole new life to the service.

tatetart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatetart Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 1:34pm
post #6 of 7

Thank YOU, Sparkly Cake, for encouraging children to sing. It is SO important.

Suffer the little ones to come unto me, for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven.

mariamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariamom Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 11:51pm
post #7 of 7

Sparkly Cake, I think it's great to have your children's choir. I also help with one here in S.D. and our kids are great! The older ones are now even playing instruments. Keep up the great work. My "Joyful Noise" singers here will keep you in our thoughts! Blessings! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%