Storing Character Cake Pans?

Decorating By Seester Updated 31 Mar 2006 , 1:32pm by Seester

Seester Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Seester Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 11

Is there any reason that I shouldn't or couldn't store character cake pans in tubs in my garage? The garage is not temperature controled or moisture controled. It's just a good ole fashion garage. They take up so much space in the house and most I don't use on any regular basis so I'm trying to think of somewhere else to store them that is still easily accessible.

thanks

10 replies
Claudine1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claudine1976 Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 2:40pm
post #2 of 11

I dont have any room on the kitchen or the garage (the garage It's my husband's property, so I cant keep any cake stuff in there) so I took a bedroom upstairs and keep the computer and all my decorating cake tools, the closet is really small so I just got a rack and pin all the caracter pans to the wall, here's the picture, I'm kind of proud of my cake closet cause I use to have all my pans under the bed ...

Reyna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reyna Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 2:41pm
post #3 of 11

I personally kept mine the same way for a very long time and now that I got them out again they are just fine!! As long as they aren't exposed directly to water I think it is a safe place to keep them.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 3:31pm
post #4 of 11

i keep mine in 73qt storage bins in the attic and im in TX, it gets extremely hot up there, but they are fine.

Claudine1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claudine1976 Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 11

ups...the pic..
LL

Seester Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 8:07pm
post #6 of 11

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure if the change in temp would warp them at all.
I wish I had a closet to do that with. It's so organized and neat!!

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 12:26am
post #7 of 11

I keep my pans in a shed outside. I purchased those new big ziplock bags and put several in a bag and hung the bags on nails. Keep them cataloged on the computer and have the bags numbered so I know which ones are in which bag (I did them alphabetically). The 3-D ones I keep in a big plastic tub. Also have big tubs for the separator plates and pillars. Now if I would just get really ambitious and get some cake orders!!!!!!! My daughter does cakes and we share pans. Mostly I got hooked on collecting the character pans. My kids say I'm just a collecting junkie and they are pretty close to being correct. Had to put the pans in the shed as the house is already full of M & M's, Pillsbury Doughboys, antiques, and sports memoralbia. It's a sickness............. icon_lol.gif

Diane

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 12:27am
post #8 of 11

Hi, I've put up Flower Trellisses , you know, those things you use to let Vines grow up on in the garden, behind my doors in the kitchen and storeroom. Those are wasted spaces, the doors don't touch right up to the wall anyway. Got some hooks and hung my pans up there. You dont even see them, if you have the door open. Just another idea, I dislike wasted space, plus when someone does close the door, the wall is decorated

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 12:31am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula40

Hi, I've put up Flower Trellisses , you know, those things you use to let Vines grow up on in the garden, behind my doors in the kitchen and storeroom. Those are wasted spaces, the doors don't touch right up to the wall anyway. Got some hooks and hung my pans up there. You dont even see them, if you have the door open. Just another idea, I dislike wasted space, plus when someone does close the door, the wall is decorated

The only thing I don't like about hanging the pans in the kitchen is that they sometimes gather grease and dust. By keeping them in bags, that prevents them from getting dirty.

Diane

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 1:50am
post #10 of 11

Well my kitchen is this funny L shape, very long. The kitchen door is at least 5 meters from the stove. And I wash them always before use , as well as afterwards anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Seester Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 1:32pm
post #11 of 11

Great ideas about the bags and the trellis. Unfortunately I don't have kitchen doors. My house is designed a bit weird. No pantry which makes storage really a pain!

Keep the ideas coming. I love hearing them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%