Buttercream Cookies

Baking By twinsline7 Updated 30 Mar 2006 , 4:39am by bbelias

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 2:11am
post #1 of 10

I was going to make a cookie bouquet tonight...I usually use royal icing but thought about trying buttercream.....

those that have used buttercream....does it soften the cookie? and does it dry/crust enough to stack?

someone once said add merg powder to the buttercream and maybe it would stiffen....will it? will it change the flavor?

one more question.....which works better stick in before or after baking?? icon_biggrin.gif

THANKS!

thumbs_up.gificon_wink.gif

9 replies
twinsline7 Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 2:32am
post #2 of 10

nobody ever answers me icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

what if I change my title to GET IN HERE AND HELP ME!!!! icon_surprised.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_confused.gif

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 2:43am
post #3 of 10

I use buttercream on my cookies, but have never used merangue powder. I'm not sure if it has a taste or not...I would like to know the answer too.

Oh, & I stick mine in during baking icon_wink.gif

twinsline7 Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 2:59am
post #4 of 10

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif .....DURING??!!!???

what do you do let them bake 5 min then put in the stick and then finish baking???.....do you use pot holders when you do this you smart butt??

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_wink.gificon_twisted.gifthumbs_up.gif

newtocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newtocakes Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 3:01am
post #5 of 10

In regards to using buttercream on your cookies, I like the way they taste using buttercream, but they do not stack well. I have not had good luck in stacking cookies iced in buttercream. I always use royal icing or MMF for my cookies. As far as the meringue powder I have not noticed a difference in taste when I use it in my buttercream. Meringue powder will help stabalize your icing but you will still be unable to stack the cookies. I have done both ways regarding the cookie stick. I really like baking them with the stick but you can bake less at one time because you have to account for the stick on the cookie sheet. I like to use candy melts sometimes to attach the cookie to the stick. You just have to be careful in warm weather because the candy can start to melt. Hope this helps.

Thena

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 3:09am
post #6 of 10

One way to get more cookies on a stick into your oven is by cutting some very short and then when they are done take those out and replace them.

Sherryb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherryb Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 3:21am
post #7 of 10

I always put my stick in before baking and I use royal icing.

Sherry

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 3:30am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsline7

I was going to make a cookie bouquet tonight...I usually use royal icing but thought about trying buttercream.....

those that have used buttercream....does it soften the cookie? and does it dry/crust enough to stack?

someone once said add merg powder to the buttercream and maybe it would stiffen....will it? will it change the flavor?

one more question.....which works better stick in before or after baking?? icon_biggrin.gif

THANKS!

thumbs_up.gificon_wink.gif

Meringue Powder will not stiffen buttercream.

Give Alice Cookie Icing a try. The cookies will be stackable

I personally prefer to bake my cookie with the stick in. For one, I don't have to worry about burning myself inserting the stick. Two, I don't worry about breaking the cookie. And finally, the dough bakes around the stick securing it in place. I don't have to worry about using chocolate royal icing to hold the stick.

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 3:38am
post #9 of 10

I put the stick in before baking and I dont think BC will stack well

bbelias Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbelias Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 4:39am
post #10 of 10

I place my stick before baking.
As for the buttercream I am a royal girl myself but have thought about trying rolled bc . . . no idea how it would . . . maybe I'll give it a shot this weekend!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%