Great Idea For Pretty Easter Strawberries

Decorating By Fancymcnancy Updated 12 Apr 2007 , 12:23pm by awolf24

Fancymcnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fancymcnancy Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 8:29pm
post #1 of 50

I got an e-mail with this link and thought someone might like it. Personally, I havent even been brave enough to try regular chocolate covered strawberries, so I won't be trying this at home icon_smile.gif

http://products.proflowers.com/productdetail.aspx?pID=11158&ref=UPPepphomepage&COBRAND=CMF

49 replies
katerpillrgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katerpillrgrl Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 8:34pm
post #2 of 50

Damn that's pricey for 12 strawberries I could make on my own.

ssink1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ssink1 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 8:36pm
post #3 of 50

Wow, those were really neat! I might have to try making them at home.

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 8:37pm
post #4 of 50

OUCH - my jaw just hit the desk! Who would pay this much for them? They are very pretty but they aren't that hard to make! I guess there is someone who would pay it - just not any of us talented CC'ers!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 8:37pm
post #5 of 50

They are very pretty, nice idea. They must come the the dish too for that price. I was charging $1 ea. when I did them last Valentine's day. I guess I undercharged.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 8:37pm
post #6 of 50

THAT'S 5 BUCKS APIECE !!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 8:39pm
post #7 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by katerpillrgrl

Damn that's pricey for 12 strawberries I could make on my own.

Plus $12 shipping.

lilkimberb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilkimberb Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 8:42pm
post #8 of 50

Those are pretty neat. I might have to try that.

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 8:43pm
post #9 of 50

Gorgeous strawberries but that price (+ shipping!!!)is CRAZY!

CMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CMarie Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 8:46pm
post #10 of 50

thats WAY to much!!! but i bet they get lots of orders, they are so easy to make, and it would be way cheaper to do it yourself, I may have to make some this weekend!

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 8:47pm
post #11 of 50

They look great but I don't think I will dare to eat them even after spending that much money.

I will dip my strawberries in chocolate fondue and drizzle with caramel or just honey.

Nitu

mdutcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mdutcher Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 8:48pm
post #12 of 50

That's a great idea!! I'll definately have to try these!
Wish I could charge those prices and not bat an eye!! icon_wink.gif

azterp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azterp Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 8:49pm
post #13 of 50

Those are beautiful! That price is CRAZY!!

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 11:32pm
post #14 of 50

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif $$$$$

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 11:34pm
post #15 of 50

note to self: must raise prices!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

another product for the income set that has money to burn.

---------------

and since they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ....

these definitely will go into my repertoire

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 11:44pm
post #16 of 50

I make these already just for fun! Holy smokes, who has that $ to burn on 12 dipped strawberries? And IF you ever find someone please send them my way.

indydebi Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 11:56pm
post #17 of 50

How come we are all so conscientious about setting our prices right and not gouging anyone yet there are folks out there who are setting and getting prices like this??? Are we all THAT stupid?

Please direct me to the right dock because I keep missing that boat! icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 12:02am
post #18 of 50

As festive as they look I somehow can't see strawberries dipped in anything but semi sweet, milk or white chocolate. Guess I need to expand my horizons, but I also agree these are extremely expensive.

lilkimberb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilkimberb Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 12:16am
post #19 of 50

How do they get the colors? Could you color white chocolate chips?

LittleBigMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBigMomma Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 12:19am
post #20 of 50

There's a Godiva Chocolate store in a local mall that sells chocoloate dipped strawberries for $8 each and people buy them. A young lady that has a vending kiosk near Godiva told me that she'd rather pay than make her own.

indydebi Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 12:23am
post #21 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBigMomma

There's a Godiva Chocolate store in a local mall that sells chocoloate dipped strawberries for $8 each and people buy them. A young lady that has a vending kiosk near Godiva told me that she'd rather pay than make her own.

I guess she has more money than sense! icon_lol.gif (But let me know if she's heading to Indiana so I can intercept her! thumbs_up.gif )

jaitee69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaitee69 Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 12:32am
post #22 of 50

holy smokes! they are adorable, but for that much $$????? i don't think i could sleep at night charging that much for something that would take me 1/2 hour - the people who can afford those must be sleeping in a bed of money!

deanna

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 12:35am
post #23 of 50

Did you check out the rest of their prices? They are very proud of their products.

Diane

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 12:44am
post #24 of 50

Who the h*** would spend that much on a candy covered strawberry?! icon_surprised.gif

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 12:46am
post #25 of 50

Well, back in the day when I had no clue of how simple it was to dip a cotton picking berry in melted chocolate and letting it set and decorating it I would travel to this little swanky shop near Boston (I am over 1/2 hour away mind you) just to buy dipped strawberries and oreo cookies. The berries were $6.00 and the cookies were $2.75. I would go with my sis and mom and buy for us and have coffee and tea then leave. So I guess that I am one of the morons that would spend that kind of money on silly things. I think that if we look at anything we can break it down and make it ourselves if we try.

Any no I don't sleep on a bed of money. But my mom has always said that if there is something that I would like to eat than why not, we know we are here today, we don't know tomorrow.

icon_rolleyes.gif
Vic

nikkifoster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikkifoster Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 12:47am
post #26 of 50

Crazy!!! Cute, but the messier the better in my opinion....chocolate dripping off.....yummmm

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 12:53am
post #27 of 50

I was taking a sip of my soda when I saw them and spit it all over the screen when I started to laugh at the price OMG are people crazy? lol Even a simpleton could see that there is not that much work to making these. Heck even in Montreal in the dead of winter when strawberries are quite pricey you still wouldnt get any one I know to buy them lol

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 1:01am
post #28 of 50

Maybe that is melted crack on those strawberries with some food coloring!! LOL just joking that is way to crazy of a price for this ole kentucky girl

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 1:56am
post #29 of 50

I use white chocolate and tint it with colors and then dip, so that way I don't have to use candy melts.

Melted crack---Ha! icon_lol.gif

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 4:47am
post #30 of 50

Those prices are just amazing! Good for them, though ... they must get lots of orders for them! I'm sure they're big, perfect, juicy strawberries, though I can't imagine paying that much for them. I've had several people tell me that I charge too much, and I only charge $15 per dozen!!! icon_cry.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.giftapedshut.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%