Does Wilton Make Molds For Chocolate Covered Oreos?

Sugar Work By kerrixx1 Updated 16 Apr 2007 , 4:12am by cocakedecorator

kerrixx1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerrixx1 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 10

I know alot of people make these and I'd like to try it but am not sure what kind of molds to get. I'v got a cake supply store here in town (very small town) and I know they have Wilton candy molds but are those what I use for the chocolate covered oreos?

9 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 10

No, but they do have a peanut butter cup mold (similar in size the Receses cups) which could probably be substituted.

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 2:01pm
post #3 of 10

sugarcraft does. they are really cute too!

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/candymolds/oreos-all.jpg

rhondab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhondab Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 11:55pm
post #4 of 10

http://www.spinningleaf.com is the Oreo mold source that has been much discussed in the Cookie forum. The molds are more expensive than some other sources, but are heavy duty, and they have some really neat designs.

Maureen1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maureen1971 Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 11:15am
post #5 of 10

This is not what you're looking for, but here is a link to a video that shows how to coat cookies and then some! Just wondering if it's as easy to do as it looks, or if this woman is just really that good! I'm going to try them in a couple weeks after I get my hands on some chocolate transfers! Amazing...

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/videos/transfer_sheet_cookies.aspx

cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakes Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 12:15pm
post #6 of 10

Thank you for sharing the site. I think I watched every video they had to offer!Terrific!

Maureen1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maureen1971 Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 3:03pm
post #7 of 10

Glad you found them as interesting as I did. Found the videos by accident - sat and watched them all, and have now decided that I want to try them all!

Looking to see if I can buy the prepared sheets close to home. I can make them myself, but would be a lot faster to buy ones that are good to go.

mjjandz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjjandz Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 10:01am
post #8 of 10

where do you buy chocolate transfers?

I might have my first order for a sweet try and was thinking of buying the oreo molds and maybe trying the transfer sheets.

Thanks

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 10:56am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjandz

where do you buy chocolate transfers?

I might have my first order for a sweet try and was thinking of buying the oreo molds and maybe trying the transfer sheets.

Thanks

Same site, countrykitchensa.com has them.

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 4:12am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen1971

Glad you found them as interesting as I did. Found the videos by accident - sat and watched them all, and have now decided that I want to try them all!

Looking to see if I can buy the prepared sheets close to home. I can make them myself, but would be a lot faster to buy ones that are good to go.

how do you make your own choc. transfer sheets?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%