April Cookie Club

Baking By bonniebakes Updated 22 May 2007 , 6:08am by Cake_Princess

NancysFancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NancysFancy Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 11:20pm
post #91 of 207

Jasmine,
LEGIT POSTING ALERT!!!
I'm sorry--where are my manners? I forgot to mention two important things.
( To busy competing in lame posting contests )
1. YOUR cookies BLOW my socks off!!!!!!! Anyone reading this who doesn't know your work already,should look at MystiqueFires photos NOW!!! Those American girls/ dolls are AMAZING.
2.You're a bakery OWNER!!!!! icon_eek.gif I'm in awe and green with envy. Very cool.

MystiqueFire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MystiqueFire Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 2:48am
post #92 of 207

*Blushes* Well I have a confession... I dont really OWN a bakery per se.. it's out of my kitchen that I CALL my bakery... =)

So technically we are ALL bakery owners LOL!

And thank you on complimenting my cookies, especially being as yours pretty much rock!!

Jasmine

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 3:37am
post #93 of 207

Wow Nancy I just checked out your website and I'm truly captivated by your work I most especially loved your butterfly but I couldnt find anything there to compare to henry and his disenchanted wife lol You really have to add that one to your site I'm still floored by how well that cookie turned out I can only drool and wish and dream I had 1/8th of your talent lol

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 3:37am
post #94 of 207

Ok, I was in Florida last week and didn't realize I left my camera cord there when I came home. MIL mailed it to me and I just got it back tonight, so here's my input. I was happy to post it until I saw Nancy's cookies. Sheesh... give a girl a break, I'm only human!! Just teasing! The most beautiful part of your work Nancy, aside from the obvious amazing look of it, is that you are so down to earth about it! You inspire me!

Here we go... I had a request for a few dozen of these, and I think they qualify as royalty... after all, JD is "The King of Tractors" icon_cool.gif
LL

lil_cake_lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lil_cake_lady Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 3:48am
post #95 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraK

My contribution is Jewelled Elephants. These were used by the Maharajahs (Kings) in India.
Handcut (never doing that again!!) choc NFSC, MMF with royal icing accents, dragees and .

BarbaraK, how long did it take you to hand cut one of those elephants?! They look absolutely fantastic!

mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mis Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 11:49am
post #96 of 207

Yelp your right Melvira, John Deere is king of all tractors. So it makes the royalty lists. icon_biggrin.gif They look great.

ShyannAutumn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShyannAutumn Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 1:33pm
post #97 of 207

Melvira, love the tractors. Your John Deer green is perfect color. I would rather see one that I can eat then have to drive one again. icon_lol.gif

very cute

NancysFancy Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 1:47pm
post #98 of 207

NICE TRACTOR, Melvira!!!!!!!
( Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd use in my lifetime)
AND----even nicer S-T-R-E-T-C-H of the royalty theme!!!!!thumbs_up.gif

Thanks for your kind words. Yeah, I'm so down to earth, I can now see the crumbs, cat fur, and general filth that is my daily floor icon_cry.gif
And, Melvira,Mistress of the dark chocolate who stays up too late posting, what exactly is PS?????
Powdered Sugar?
Polish Sausage?
Pig S#@*? icon_eek.gif

Melvira Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 2:00pm
post #99 of 207

Well Nancy... since I can hardly imagine you'd get a buzz off of a baggie of pig poo, I have to admit I meant powdered sugar! icon_wink.gif You guys were on a sugar buzz and I was really enjoying it! Very entertaining! I did have to laugh about the 'frivilous posting' point... as if any of this ISN'T frivilous!! Oh, I know what they mean, it just struck me as funny at first!

Thanks for the tractor compliments! And I agree... rather eat one than ride one! icon_wink.gif

NancysFancy Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 2:13pm
post #100 of 207

Jasmine!!!! You are SO right!!!! We are all running a business,doing paperwork, organizing, scheduling,delivering,talking to very nice or very irritating people,mopping, scrubbing,let alone lugging home flour, sugar, etc. to bake and decorate. Oh, and lets not forget, yelling at the stupid stuff the STAFF( US ) does every day!
Since I used to work in a "real" bakery, I do remember ALOT of other
stresses, but running our own bakeries is no small feat!!!
I'm calling myself a Bakery Owner from this moment on!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 2:18pm
post #101 of 207

icon_eek.gif WOW- everyone is posting such outstanding cookies!! Hey- BOBWONDERBUNS let's see your cookies!!! I will post my pics tomorrow I hope!

NancysFancy Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 2:33pm
post #102 of 207

Melvira,
OOOOOOHHHHHHH Well here in the BIG CITY ( hee hee) we call it 10X.
And yes, since I'm an old hippy you never know what I'm getting a buzz from!!!!!! icon_mad.gificon_lol.gif

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 2:34pm
post #103 of 207

Holy COW- I didn't notice it was a cookie until I read the post about it being a cookie! I am still reading backwards so I haven't seen the king one yet.....the suspense is killing me!!

MystiqueFire Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:23pm
post #104 of 207

MY TURN. (Baked in my own bakery hahaha!!)

Made in honor of one of my favorite poems as a little kid:

The Queen of Hearts she made some tarts all on a summer's day;
The Knave of Hearts he stole the tarts and took them clean away.

The Queen of Hearts called for the tarts and beat the Knave full sore
The Knave of Hearts brought back the tarts and
vowed he'd steal no more.

Jasmine

I think it's really funny that I unintentionally made the kitchen look like its on fire!!

MystiqueFire Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:28pm
post #105 of 207

Great cookies everyone!!

EverlastingSweets, I just saw your cookies and I really like the flowers the best, I hope you dont mind me casually borrowing your idea!!

Melvira, cute tractors!! Haha, JD is the king of tractors =)

Jasmine

NancysFancy Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:55pm
post #106 of 207

BEAUTIFUL, Jasmine!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL
That's a great poem to use for this topic. It brought back nice grade school memories.
"SWEET" way to illustrate a story!!! thumbs_up.gif

MystiqueFire Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 5:15pm
post #107 of 207

Thank you!! You can be queen of the icing bags, I'll be queen of the paintbrushes lol!

Jasmine

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 5:15pm
post #108 of 207

icon_surprised.gif Jasmine, those cookies are great! Great artistic detail!

icon_biggrin.gif Melvira, I love the tractor/royalty connection. Great job! They're very cute!

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 8:07am
post #109 of 207

lil_cake_lady - it took me a couple of minutes to cut out each elephant. It only did about a dozen of them then I stopped.

ShyannAutumn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShyannAutumn Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 2:41pm
post #110 of 207

Barbara, as wonderful as the Elephants turned out you need to have a cookie cutter made. For being hand cut you did an excellent job they look cookie cutter. Beautiful colors

I love the elephants thumbs_up.gif

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 11:11pm
post #111 of 207

Great job everyone! I'm so inspired!

I can't wait to get into the kitchen and bake, but I've been SO busy!

I'll have to make time this weekend, the month is almost over!!

NancysFancy Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 12:29am
post #112 of 207

One last " Royalty" entry. I know, I know -- I couldn't stop myself!! I have NO life--okay icon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

This is Rapunsel (who also had no life) until she met a prince and married him!!! Instant Royalty.

This is a sugar cookie with royal and fondant with impression mat.

It is 9" X 3.25"
LL

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 12:34am
post #113 of 207

WOW!!! Amazing! This should be on display! Have you ever done a display at a local library or art museum!!!

Melvira Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 12:46am
post #114 of 207

**I'm sorry, but Melvira is unable to comment... she is beating her head against the wall trying to figure out HOW Nancy does it!**

MystiqueFire Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 12:48am
post #115 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

**I'm sorry, but Melvira is unable to comment... she is beating her head against the wall trying to figure out HOW Nancy does it!**

Computer Response: Jasmine has joined Melvira.

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 12:53am
post #116 of 207

OMG! Nancy! Once again, I am left speechless! Amazing! Simply amazing! icon_eek.gif

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 1:10am
post #117 of 207

[quote="Melvira"]**I'm sorry, but Melvira is unable to comment... she is beating her head against the wall trying to figure out HOW Nancy does it!**[/quote

Oh My Goodness - Nancy is the godess of cookies
and Melvira - is the Queen of wit and humor
and yes I too have joined Melvira

Nancy thank you for posting your unbelievable cookies.. There are no words .. what can you say about something that is so &%)(#*) great.

Melvira - yet once again you have the CC family ROTHFMAO.. You're family and friends must flock to you when they're feeling down... because you sure in the H.ll cheer me up and make me laugh..

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 1:12am
post #118 of 207

Okay that's it -- I am sooo not posting -- I am sooo not worthy!! icon_rolleyes.gif

NancysFancy Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 1:40am
post #119 of 207

Hey, THANK YOU, guys!!! I'm feelin' the luuuuv!!! icon_lol.gif
But, I mean it----I have no life, I live in my basement bakery like a pale,creepy, mad scientist, I have only a few dinky orders per week, my DH and DD only know me by the back of my head--either at this @#$!!!! computer or bent over a tray of cookies.
All of you would do overly-detailed-no-one-can-eat cookies too if you lived my miserable little cloistered life!!! icon_cry.gif
That's how I do it Melvira and gang!!!
And bobwonderbuns--- no,no,no--get your BUNS in gear right now! Only 3 days left!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 1:45am
post #120 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancysFancy

And bobwonderbuns--- no,no,no--get your BUNS in gear right now! Only 3 days left!

Yes ma'am... icon_rolleyes.gifmadhatter.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%