April Cookie Club

Baking By bonniebakes Updated 22 May 2007 , 6:08am by Cake_Princess

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 12:46pm
post #1 of 207

Hello cookie makers! Thanks for your patience!!

The April theme is Royalty.

Remember, anyone can participate! Here are the established cookie club guidelines, with some additional clarifications based on questions that have been posed lately:

* You can use any medium to decorate your cookies - fondant, royal icing, butter cream etc. The only stipulation is it has to be a medium used in cookie or cake decorating. Please let us know which medium you used to decorate your cookies and any techniques that you used, the type of cookie, etc..

* The group decided that all pictures must be new pictures (and new cookies). If you have a previous group of cookies already in your album (or in the forum) even if it depicts the theme please no not use it for this cookie club theme. The idea of the monthly theme is to get our creative juices/new ideas flowing and produce something new.

* Please do not post monthly theme cookies to your personal album or the cookie Gallery until after the monthly theme has expired (the end of the month). Even though there has been some discussion about this, and we tried eliminating this guideline for a couple of months, if we post to the gallery right away, it seems to lessen the flow of traffic to this thread. Therefore, we will return to each picture being new and not previously/currently uploaded to the Galleries.

* Please post pictures in this thread. Do not create a separate thread for your pictures). Please post a maximum of 3 pictures per person in this thread for the monthly theme. You may however use graphics programs to create a collage of different pictures/angles that count as one photo post. When the month is over, please feel free to post as many pictures as you want to the galleries.

* The purpose of choosing a monthly theme is to have a central theme for everyone participating to follow in order to allow us an opportunity to be creative, try new things, and learn from each other. Please try to follow the monthly theme. Everyone who wishes to has an opportunity to suggest a theme in the monthly suggestion thread, and all themes suggested are considered and commented on by interested members of the community. The theme is chosen at the beginning of each month by Cake_Princess or me (the theme is chosen based on what seems to have the most support for that particular month from the group in the suggestions thread and any PMs Cake_Princess or I receive, not necessarily by an actual vote count) and the new theme is posted near the beginning of the month. If your suggestion wasnt chosen in one particular month, please feel free to suggest it again in the future!

* Although we should connect to the theme, sometimes the connection isnt obvious to other people. In your post please let us know why you chose the design you did if the reason is not obvious. (For Example if the theme was Music and you made ghost cookies then let us know the connection. Ghost = Phantom and Phantom of the opera relates to music).

Happy Baking, everyone! I cant wait to see the cookies!!!!

206 replies
darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 3:21pm
post #2 of 207

ok here goes lol Since easter began with the Saxons who celebrated the return of spring with an uproarious festival commemorating their Goddess of offspring Eastre I figured that easter cookies would be appropriate as in my mind if you are a Goddess then you must be royalty lol
LL

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 8:27pm
post #3 of 207

Nice bouquet and cookies darcat!

darcat Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 9:59pm
post #4 of 207

Thank you and I forgot to mention that they are sugar cookies with RI lol I made the bouquet for my Mom's bingo night at her retirement home as a door prize and the croses are for some of the other ladies. I usually donate a bouquet to them for each holiday in the year. Most of them dont do much baking anymore including my mom so when I get the chance I like to give them what I bake. Keeps me from getting fatter lol

mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mis Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 5:30pm
post #5 of 207

Great cookies. That's sweet of you to bake cookies for the other ladies.

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 8:31pm
post #6 of 207

Nice, Darlene--cookies and the donation. Where did you get your cross cutter, I was going to buy one.

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 10:02pm
post #7 of 207

Cross cookies would be fitting of Royalty, because they depict or remind us that Christ rose from the cross and He is the Son of God, who is the King of King's, so I would say He is royalty. =0)

darcat Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 10:37am
post #8 of 207

I bought the cross cutter at a cake store a little ways from my house. I had wanted one that was a little less square you know kind of sculpted on the corners but this was all I could find.

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 7:20am
post #9 of 207

My contribution is Jewelled Elephants. These were used by the Maharajahs (Kings) in India.
Handcut (never doing that again!!) choc NFSC, MMF with royal icing accents, dragees and lustre dust.
LL
LL

kalico Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalico Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 10:38am
post #10 of 207

Beautiful cookies, BarbaraK!

mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mis Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 11:57am
post #11 of 207

Wow BarbaraK! Those look awesome. You did really good hand cutting them out.

darcat Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 12:14pm
post #12 of 207

omg those are fantastic. Well done Barbara I love the jewels they look very pretty

McMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
McMama Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 1:15pm
post #13 of 207

BarbaraK - Your cookies are spectacular. Nice job on cutting them out.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 4:53pm
post #14 of 207

We are off to a great start so far.

Darcat your bouquet looks really good.

BarbaraK, I love your elephants they are really nice. Great job cutting them out.

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 5:40pm
post #15 of 207

Darcat ~ The bouquet looks very nice! Very sweet of you to bake for your mom and the other ladies! icon_biggrin.gif

BarbaraK ~ OMG! I realllllly love those elephants! They're so creative! Great job! thumbs_up.gif

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 6:08pm
post #16 of 207

Oh, I love those elephants!

The bouquet for the ladies is so sweet and really looks nice! I'll bet they look forward to every holiday.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 8:45pm
post #17 of 207

the crosses and elephants are very pretty!

I can't wait to see more!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 8:51pm
post #18 of 207

Geez, now I'm starting to think my idea was rather lame!! icon_confused.gificon_smile.gif Y'all do such fabulous work!! Love the elephants!! icon_biggrin.gif

darcat Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 11:49pm
post #19 of 207

Thanks everyone for the encouragement, I still feel a little shy to post my goodies when looking at all the fantastic talent around here but I'm slowly getting over it lol

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 6:09am
post #20 of 207

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the elephants. I had fun doing them but they were very time consuming. I was originally going to do tiaras but then I saw a photo of some of these ceremonial elephants and viola! new idea!!!

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 4:23pm
post #21 of 207

Oh wow! very very nice BarbaraK! Very nice jewel-like colors too icon_smile.gif

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 4:25pm
post #22 of 207

Love the pastel coloring and the bouquet darcat!

Yjudania Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yjudania Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 11:12pm
post #23 of 207

Great cookies, y'all! Keep up the good work!

suzmazza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzmazza Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 6:11pm
post #24 of 207

BarbaraK. GORGEOUS elephants!!

Cake_Princess Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 11:14pm
post #25 of 207

Where are all the cookies? We are all waiting with great anticipations. LOL 3 more weeks.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 11:25pm
post #26 of 207

I'm baking Cake Princess, I'm baking!! icon_biggrin.gif

giovanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giovanna Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 12:44am
post #27 of 207

I just made a ton of Easter cookies but they are all eggs, lambs, chicks etc...

I'd love to see more though! What if I put my cookies on some Royal Dalton china icon_wink.gif

Zamode Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 1:41am
post #28 of 207

How about if cookies are royally a pain in the arse? Then I'll post my Easter cookies. dunce.gif

Cake_Princess Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 2:37am
post #29 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamode

How about if cookies are royally a pain in the arse? Then I'll post my Easter cookies. dunce.gif

You rotten apple!

NO! icon_biggrin.gif

Zamode Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 4:33am
post #30 of 207

Bugger!! icon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%