Sugar Cookie Question

Baking By ShyannAutumn Updated 27 Mar 2006 , 5:31am by ShyannAutumn

ShyannAutumn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShyannAutumn Posted 26 Mar 2006 , 3:42am
post #1 of 8

Thought I could figure this one out on my own but I am tired and ready to throw these sugar cookie out to the dog and tell my friend I don't want to be responsible. I need some suggestions. Who better to ask then you "cookies" in here. icon_wink.gif

I have a request for my cookies and they wanted sugar cookie. No biggy there but my problem is...... I use marshmellow fondant and attach them to the cookie with Kayro syrup. The fondant is wonderfully sweet by it's self but on top of sugar cookies? I am getting a tooth ache just thinking about it.

I tried water on the back... it didn't work. I didn't want to use royal icing or decorator icing since both are just a sweet as kayro. I'm stumped, frustrated, and miffed. 24 sugar cookies are sitting here waiting for the "big finish" and I am worried about pay dental bills. HEEEEELLLLLLPPPPP! I don't want tooth ache cookies!

Shyann

7 replies
LaylasMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaylasMommy Posted 26 Mar 2006 , 3:56am
post #2 of 8

I'm not sure what type of decorations you are trying to attach.... but here are my suggestions!!!

Take some of your MMF, and mix it with some water. It will make a thick sort of paste. Use that to attach the decorations to the cookie. (Yes, it is sweet..... but is the "same" sweet) I used this when making some monkeys out of MMF because the water worked at first, but then didn't hold as well. I would also try just putting the water on the MMF, not on the cookie, and hoping to attach that way.

The only other thing I've ever seen suggested to attach MMF to MMF was vanilla.... or royal....

Good luck!!!

ShyannAutumn Posted 26 Mar 2006 , 4:14am
post #3 of 8

Thank you Laylasmom, I never once thought of that and to kick myself further. I threw away a 1/3 batch of fondant that I didn't want to mess with because it was soupy and not enough to do anything with. I just need to go to bed and start over tomorrow.

Thanks a million!

Shyann

duhhhhhhh on me!

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 26 Mar 2006 , 6:34am
post #4 of 8

I use karo, but don't like it much b/c it is a bit sticky. I've heard other people say they cut out the shapes in mmf with same cutter, then as soon as they come out of the oven, lay the mmf shape on top of the hot cookie. The heat from the cookie causes the mmf to adhere. I've not tried it yet, but it sounds like a goood idea!

nickdrewnjaysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickdrewnjaysmom Posted 26 Mar 2006 , 8:03am
post #5 of 8

I just made some cookies, and I used the same cutter to cut the fondant, then I used water to attach it. It worked fine, and they tasted yummy!!
JoAnn

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 26 Mar 2006 , 12:51pm
post #6 of 8

If you put the fondant on the cookie while still warm....would that help?

vitade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitade Posted 26 Mar 2006 , 9:05pm
post #7 of 8

Just use water and brush it on.

Using a small brush, just wet the cookie, slightly, then attach your MMF.

ShyannAutumn Posted 27 Mar 2006 , 5:31am
post #8 of 8

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions and quick response for help. 24 + 1 large cookie later I am DONE! I will post the photos tomorrow to show the results. I'm not so worried about the cavity law suit now. icon_lol.gif

Love this forum. Love ya'll

Shyann

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%