Edible Ink Images (Printers)

Decorating By MaraCarter Updated 26 Mar 2006 , 3:38am by Lisa

MaraCarter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaraCarter Posted 25 Mar 2006 , 11:34pm
post #1 of 5

Hello,
Went out today to look at printers to do the edible ink images. Look at Canon mostly since that was the one most recomended. My? is has anyone purchased an "all in One" that copies, scan, prints. I cant remember what model it is but it looked like the ink cartiages would work. Anyone know for sure. Oh, and How long does the ink last? (Shelf life)

Thanks

Mara

4 replies
Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 26 Mar 2006 , 12:05am
post #2 of 5

bump...I'm shopping for one too~

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 26 Mar 2006 , 12:13am
post #3 of 5

I have been having the hardest time finding one to fit the cartridges sold.

selecia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
selecia Posted 26 Mar 2006 , 1:29am
post #4 of 5

I went out this past Thursday to Best Buys, Staples, HH Gregg, and Office Depot before I found the Canon ip3000. It was $74 at Office Depot sitting on a shelf with the HP printers. It does not look fancy at all and would not be a printer that I would purchase for regular printing needs. But, most of the replies to questions I've asked about the printers have been to use the Canons and the ip1500 or ip3000 work best. I did look to make sure the inks were available for my printer before I bought it. I ordered them from Kopykake and the inks and the paper were an additional $86. They should arrive early next week. I know on the Kopykake website, (at least as of Thursday night, they said they did not carry the inks for the all-in-ones, the 4200's and the other newer printers).

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 26 Mar 2006 , 3:38am
post #5 of 5

There are certain multifunction/all-in-ones that are compatible with the edible ink cartridges. The Canon Pixma MP130 is one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%