Has Anyone Ever Made A Dummy Cake??

Decorating By peacockplace Updated 21 Apr 2005 , 1:29pm by cakeconfections

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 1:05pm
post #1 of 7

I was just wondering because I just ordered some dummies and I can't wait to use them. Do anyof you have any tips or pictures of yours. Also, can you use MMF for a dummy or should I use regular fondant?

6 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 1:07pm
post #2 of 7

I have not used one yet.... I will order some once in states...but I would use whatever is cheaper....but at the same time if you need practice with fondant one day do fondant (MMF is cheaper) and if its buttercream you want to do then do it...... just have fun!!!! You're so lucky!

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 1:09pm
post #3 of 7

There was some posts on here last week I think about this.....there are several pictures in the gallery where folks used dummy cakes, one I know they did the whole thing in royal icing because it was going to be a display cake. I don't have any dummy cakes, and my hips are beggining to prove it icon_redface.gif , but as I understnad it, you can decorate a dummy in anything you would decorate and regular cake in.

elin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elin Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 1:11pm
post #4 of 7

I do not think there is any problem with what you are using. Just have fun and practice. Use the things that you really want to learn to do better.
Best of luck to you.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 1:15pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks you all. I just ordered yesterday and I'm like a kid waiting on Christmas. I'm getting a textured rolling pin, new lustre dust, and stuff. i just can't wait ! icon_lol.gif
Too bad it was $20 more to get next day shipping icon_cry.gif

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 1:18pm
post #6 of 7

A textured rolling pin, I've never heard of that...is that so you can give you fondant a pattern??

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 1:29pm
post #7 of 7

Yes, a textured rolling pin will put patterns in whatever you are rolling. They also make covers for rolling pins which come in different patterns.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%