Whatta Ya Think!???

Baking By cakesonoccasion Updated 2 Apr 2007 , 2:21am by cakesonoccasion

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 18

My very first attempt at decorating cookies!!! I learned soooo much...I know my cookies are a bit bigger than the buttercream- will fix that next time. And- I think I can do better on the piping of the RI next time. But, man- I think I'm gonna like this!

BTW- althought I can figure out how to decorate a cookie, the computer is a different story icon_rolleyes.gif - you'll have to look in my photos to see my pics! Thanks!

17 replies
newcakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newcakemaker Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 8:20pm
post #2 of 18

Sarah I really like those! They look great!

I like the cookie being a bit bigger personally! I think they look good the way they are! Love your decorations!

southrnhearts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southrnhearts Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 8:25pm
post #3 of 18

hey nice work girlie, those are gorgeous!

amymichele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amymichele Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 8:26pm
post #4 of 18

These are great! I love decorating cookies too! And, I agree with newcakemaker, I like the cookie a bit bigger also.

Good job!

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 8:29pm
post #5 of 18

those are great, I stunk at doing them, but I didn't use RBC to ice mine, maybe I should try that huh? The cookie SHOULD be bigger I think so you have a little extra crunch... it just boasts I am a cookie icon_smile.gif Great job...

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 8:30pm
post #6 of 18

I love the colors. I think you did a great job!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 8:35pm
post #7 of 18

Great job ~ those are really cute. My 'first attempt' at cookies were hideous...we never bothered to take pictures ( thank God!) icon_lol.gif

mississippigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mississippigirl Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 11:33pm
post #8 of 18

These are absolutely beautiful!!! Excellent Job! I have to make 3 dozen tomorrow night and i hope they come out as nice as yours

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 11:44pm
post #9 of 18

Very pretty!

SharonZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonZ Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 11:50pm
post #10 of 18

You did a great job!
Sharon

Sunshine93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunshine93 Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 12:39am
post #11 of 18

I think they look great!!! Makes me want to go bake some cookies.....

kidsnurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kidsnurse Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 12:47am
post #12 of 18

Fantastic! thumbs_up.gif

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 12:50am
post #13 of 18

Cakesonoccasion - your cookies are just beautiful. I love the size and colors. Are you serving them as is for Easter or do you have other ideas?

I was recently visitng the Wilton website and found this extremely cute cake with egg shaped cookies on the top and a fondant rope for the handles that your cookies would look just darling in. If you are interested in taking a look, the website is:

http://www.wilton.com/recipes/recipesandprojects/spring/pureeggstravagance.cfm

icon_biggrin.gif

MeloMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeloMiMi Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 12:52am
post #14 of 18

Awesome job!

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 1:31am
post #15 of 18

They are very pretty--you did a great job!

cakesonoccasion Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 2:15am
post #16 of 18

Thanks for all of your compliments!!! It makes me feel like the hours I spent in the kitchen yesterday were worthwhile! I was a little scared when I began, because you never know how something is going to turn out the first time you do it, but I was pleased. I'm taking them into work tomorrow for all to enjoy. They were just a dry run for this weekend! icon_smile.gif I'm in charge of the gifting for secretaries day coming up, and am thinking of making a cookie bouquet and a including a Target gift card. Any good ideas for that? I'm thinking of doing tulips in a terra cotta pot, but I'm not married to the idea...

cakesonoccasion Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 2:17am
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBakerz

those are great, I stunk at doing them, but I didn't use RBC to ice mine, maybe I should try that huh? The cookie SHOULD be bigger I think so you have a little extra crunch... it just boasts I am a cookie icon_smile.gif Great job...

I think you SHOULD give the RBC a try...soooo simple! And pretty delicious!

cakesonoccasion Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 2:21am
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie4

Cakesonoccasion - your cookies are just beautiful. I love the size and colors. Are you serving them as is for Easter or do you have other ideas?

I was recently visitng the Wilton website and found this extremely cute cake with egg shaped cookies on the top and a fondant rope for the handles that your cookies would look just darling in. If you are interested in taking a look, the website is:

http://www.wilton.com/recipes/recipesandprojects/spring/pureeggstravagance.cfm

icon_biggrin.gif

That cake is TOO CUTE! I'm just going to do the cookies, though. Bringiing them to a family function. My aunt and grandma are cake decorators, and they are in charge of things like that- wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%