Decorating By FerretDeprived Updated 14 Apr 2006 , 10:30pm by MrsMissey

aupekkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aupekkle Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 11:06pm
post #61 of 69

Thanks, Cakepro. That sounds awesome!

didi5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didi5 Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 11:54pm
post #62 of 69

Now I gotta try that Famous caramel cake! I've been dying to eat one since I saw those pictures Ferret posted!! Can't order from ebay, I'm from Canada and it takes about ten days with regular shipping! Now that's a different story...

sofiasmami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sofiasmami Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 12:36pm
post #63 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by didi5

Now I gotta try that Famous caramel cake! I've been dying to eat one since I saw those pictures Ferret posted!! Can't order from ebay, I'm from Canada and it takes about ten days with regular shipping! Now that's a different story...

you could order it in the name of our ebay experiment ... it would be interesting to see if you too survive!! ....lol ....but I guess we only have one reckless youth in our group ... lol icon_lol.gif

didi5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didi5 Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 2:38pm
post #64 of 69

hhmmm...ten day old cake....I don't think I would be as lucky as Ferrett!!

glory2god Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glory2god Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 8:42pm
post #65 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

I was searching for the business name of a local caterer in town with whom I want to get in touch, and stumbled upon a "Superpages" website that lists all kinds of cakes that people are selling on eBay. This is news to me! LOL

I would never buy cake off of the Internet from a home baker (haha, even though I AM a home baker), but apparently, from reading the feedback of at least one seller (eBay user ID hudsonsdumplin), people do....and they get shipped all over the place, unfrozen.

Freaky!! Would YOU buy a cake from eBay?

By the way, check out that chick's cakes....(click)...she sells that caramel cake for 30 bucks! icon_confused.gif

~ Sherri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

I don't have her recipe, but I did find one with critical acclaim, and all the talk about it on the southernliving.com message board says it's very old, blah blah blah.

hi cakepro,
i took the liberty to copy your original post which started all of this and the one you made immediately after finding out that the cake taste good. i thought long and hard before deciding i just had ask some questions:

1. was it the recipe you were after all the time? icon_biggrin.gif

2. (and i guess this is to all of the world renown cake deocrators that seemed to be repulsed by the thought of eating a cake that was cooked in someone's home) - how did you start decorating cakes?

sorry, no need to answer.......i just figured it out.....you woke up one morning and decided that you wanted to be a cake decorator.....so you hurried and got dressed.....got in your car and found the perfect vacant building that would accoomodate your business....you had thousands of dollars laying around so you immediately called a contractor to come and remodel the building to meet all the health codes......you called wilton on your cellphone and ordered all the pans you needed (of course you had them put it on your gold american express).....and a couple of days later you had a blooming business and people were just flocking to get one of your cakes.

now, if you started decorating cakes for others from your home and now find the idea of eating a cake that was decorated by someone in their home repulsive because the cake may have been sat on by the cat or the dog may have licked the cake --- and the person fixed the cake and sold it as is.......... then i guess my next question would be:

are you describing what you did when you were cooking cakes for people at your home?

--- i guess by now you can figure out that like cakepro, i am a home baker...i would never sell something to someone that i would not want to eat myself....i do not have pets but i can assure you that i would never want to eat a cake that was sat on by the cat or licked by the dog......

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 9:26pm
post #66 of 69

If you actually want to have a conversation with me, lose the sarcasm.

If you just wanted to rant, then I hope ya feel better. icon_confused.gif

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 9:45pm
post #67 of 69

Glory2god-----that wasn't really necessary..........please find yourself another past time....

heychele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heychele Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 10:27pm
post #68 of 69

Wow, am I having another hot flash or is it getting hot in here? icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 10:30pm
post #69 of 69

This topic has now been locked as it has gotten off the original topic. Thanks, Missey

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%