Where Do You Buy Your Cake Mix?

Decorating By ozzynjojo Updated 23 Mar 2006 , 12:04am by Kazoot

ozzynjojo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ozzynjojo Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 9:36pm
post #1 of 17

Hi there,

For those of you who use box cake mix... I would like to know where you get yours from? I use DH. I normally get it from Wal-mart, but lately they haven't had any in stock. Every Wal-mart I go to theres none! What to do???? I need tons of boxes. I have a lot of order really soon.....
The grocery stores are way to expensive.

Any store ideas would be great, Thank you in advance......

16 replies
patton78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patton78 Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 9:45pm
post #2 of 17

I get mine from Fred Meyers but if you do not have one of those, Safeway is having a sale this week on either Pillsbury or Duncan Hines cake mixes, can't remember which one but they are on sale for $1 each. Also, check Albertsons, they usually have a cake mix brand on sale each week.

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 9:46pm
post #3 of 17

have you tried stater bros. or vons. I know that stater bros is cheaper than vons by a long shot or some other discount grocery store. I know they have them there. How about dollar general or dollar tree even try family dollar i know they all sell cake mixes

chaptlps Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 9:48pm
post #4 of 17

thought to just let you know von's and safeway are the same except in different parts of the country

ozzynjojo Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 9:57pm
post #5 of 17

I'm going to all those stores, even the $1 dollar stores.... I'll just have to shop around. I was so use to getting them for cheap at Wal-mart, I didn't want to venture out. I think I'll have to.
Thanks again.

chaptlps Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 10:02pm
post #6 of 17

that's k hun lived in lake elsinore for bout 10 years

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 10:04pm
post #7 of 17

I live in california.
We have a chain of stores in the vally called, "Foodsco".
Hate the rest of the store, ( thier fruit is just garbage!) but they always have cake mixes on sale for 88cents. That I love! icon_cool.gif

My Walmart doesn't cake cake mixes unless it is during the holidays.
I'm hoping the new Super Walmart that opens in May will carry them at low, low prices.

mommachris

ozzynjojo Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 10:19pm
post #8 of 17

Mommachris

That's what I was starting to think. That they only carry alot of baking supplies around holidays. I remember seeing alot of stuff at the end of last year and now I don't see any.
Here in Long Beach, CA I haven't seen any Foodsco.

chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 10:29pm
post #9 of 17

I live in So Cal too and either I will get them when they are 10 for $10 at Albertsons, which is quite often... or I get them at Target. Not sure which brand they are but seeing as I will only use DH or BC then they would either one of those.

Euphoriabakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Euphoriabakery Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 10:34pm
post #10 of 17

Mommachis-

Where abouts in Ca do you live? I am in Lompoc, central coast and always get my cake mixes and pudding mixes at Foodsco as well!

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 10:55pm
post #11 of 17

I buy mine at a Super Walmart but look for flyers from the local supermarket, they have 99¢ sales now and then and that's when I try to stock up.

FerretDeprived Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FerretDeprived Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 11:08pm
post #12 of 17

I buy mine from Kroger, i just look for the one thats one sale. thumbs_up.gif

mtdk454 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mtdk454 Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 11:41pm
post #13 of 17

Wow, just goes to show you the cost of living is different everywhere. Here in wisconsin they are actually cheaper to buy them in the grocery store. .89 and I think walmart is .99 Pillsbury is the same way. What about the warehouse type stores like sams or cosco do you have them. Just curious if they would be a better deal and you could buy in bulk!

Euphoriabakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Euphoriabakery Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 11:48pm
post #14 of 17

I looked all over costco for cake mixes and pudding mixes, I couldn't find either there. Do they carry these items elsewhere?

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 22 Mar 2006 , 11:59pm
post #15 of 17

I get my dh mix's at walmart, a lot of times they have them on sale for $0.88, so I stock up on them!!!! I've had a problem of them being out of white cake during "wedding season".

funfoodie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funfoodie Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 12:04am
post #16 of 17

Have you tried Smart & Final? I've seen multipacks of DH mix there. I'm not sure if all Smart & Final stores carry it, but the one in Burbank had it.

Kazoot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kazoot Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 12:04am
post #17 of 17

I live in a small rural town in Nevada! It can be a nightmare getting supplies here!!!!!! I buy my cake mixes at walmart. Sometimes Smiths or Albertsons. Can you go to the store and ask them to save you a case??? Ususlly, our walmart is very good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%