Help! My Cake Fell.

Decorating By AgentCakeBaker Updated 21 Apr 2005 , 1:06pm by AgentCakeBaker

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 2:03am
post #1 of 8

Hi all

I'm making a cake for an event at my job tomorrow and my cake fell in. Better term is the cake is sinking in the middle. Normally the middle rises just fine. Does any know why this may have happened?

I used the Bride's cake recipe from the cake mix doctor but instead of using milk I used french vanilla creamer. What happened?

7 replies
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 2:32am
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentCakeBaker

Hi all

I'm making a cake for an event at my job tomorrow and my cake fell in. Better term is the cake is sinking in the middle. Normally the middle rises just fine. Does any know why this may have happened?

I used the Bride's cake recipe from the cake mix doctor but instead of using milk I used french vanilla creamer. What happened?

Sounds like to me that the center was not done enough...

galaglow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galaglow Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 2:35am
post #3 of 8

So sorry to hear about your cake falling...I've heard people often say their cakes fell, but thank heavens it hasn't happened to me yet. My mother used to say it would fall if you opened the oven door before it was ready. I check mine a couple of times near the end, so I don't know if that theory holds water. icon_smile.gif

AgentCakeBaker Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 3:03am
post #4 of 8

This is the very first time this has happened to me. I just pulled out my second cake from the same batch of batter and this one didn't sink in. I think I may have opened the oven door a little too early on the first one.

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 3:35am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentCakeBaker

This is the very first time this has happened to me. I just pulled out my second cake from the same batch of batter and this one didn't sink in. I think I may have opened the oven door a little too early on the first one.

I dont know that is just too funny sounding to me.. I open the oven and knock on wood I have never had that happen...

2cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2cakes Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 3:46am
post #6 of 8

I had this happened to me before when my kitchen was a little cold and when I opened the oven door too soon and I even caution people who want to help out and opens the oven door without knowing what would happen to the cake. So I make sure that no one opens the oven. I heard that if you have little kids running around in the kitchen or jumping of the floor that might cause it to sink as well. I hope that this might ease your mind a little. I hope that you get your cake done successfully. icon_smile.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 7:38am
post #7 of 8

This has happened to me too icon_sad.gif I had overfilled my pan. I opened the oven door to test to see if the cake was done and it sunk in the middle right before my eyes! I just leveled it off.

AgentCakeBaker Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 1:06pm
post #8 of 8

I don't know why one sunk and the other did not. Anyway, the cake turned out great anyway. You can't tell that one layer sunk in a little.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%