Help On First Cake

Decorating By rudoo Updated 21 Apr 2005 , 10:53am by rudoo

rudoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rudoo Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 1:46am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone, I am going to start practicing on a cake for my daughters 5th birthday in June. I want to make a whimsical cake with gumpaste or fondant flowers and butterflies. All bright colors! In doing my research, I think I will use the Super Enhanced Cake Formula recipe, and the Faux Fondant- Crusting Buttercream. Are these good choices? I like the look of the fondant cakes, but since the taste isn't so great ( and it is for 5 year olds!) I would do the Faux Fondant. Any other ideas or sugestions would be appreciated! Thanks, Jonna

5 replies
cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 2:12am
post #2 of 6

Never made that type of cake but try the marshmallow fondant recipe! It's yummy and the kids will love it!!!

Amy

P.S. Can't wait to see the cake. Post your practice one.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 2:15am
post #3 of 6

I've never heard of that recipe either, but I second the vote for marshmallo fondant! It's so much better than the wilton kind! Good luck with your cake thumbs_up.gif

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 5:47am
post #4 of 6

Hi. I believe that the MMF will do the trick. All kids love marshmallows!!! And with a cake done in it by mom, you will so rock!! I hope that you make what you want. I am sure that they will love it.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 7:54am
post #5 of 6

The faux fondant is here http://cakecentral.com/article10-How-To-Create-Faux-Fondant.html

I love whimsical cakes! It's almost something you can't mess-up because every little detail doesn't have to be perfect. It will look so pretty too with the butterflies, flowers and bright colors. I think ribbon roses are a really whimsical flower too if you wanted to try those.

rudoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rudoo Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 10:53am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the answers everyone. Lisa, are there any instructions availabe on the ribbon roses? Are they easy? Jonna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%