Another Frozen Buttercream Transfer Question

Decorating By AngelaP Updated 21 Apr 2005 , 3:41pm by tanyascakes

AngelaP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaP Posted 20 Apr 2005 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, I'm sure it has been asked. If it has please point me in the right direction.

I am doing my very first frozen buttercream transfer and of course it has to be a Shark Tales one with both Lenny (the Shark) and Oscar (the small fish). Oscar is about the size of the fin of Lenny, how detailed can you get with the transfer? Should I do the minimum to get the idea that it is Oscar or can you go all out? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much!!

3 replies
luceymoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luceymoose Posted 20 Apr 2005 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 4

You can get as detailed as you want but in my opinion, simpler is better. I would do the outlines and then some of the major colors. If you need shading, you can use a paintbrush and color in the shaded parts before you start with your frosting. Hope this helps icon_smile.gif
Luceymoose

sweeterbug1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeterbug1977 Posted 20 Apr 2005 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 4

BCT can be as detailed as you want, but I would definitely practice the technique if you are not familiar with it if you are going to do a transfer that is extremely detailed, just so that you will know if you really want to do that much detail on the cake or just make it a little simpler. Hope this helps.

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 3:41pm
post #4 of 4

making a BCT can be very easy or very hard. It all comes down to the details. It is really your personal choice on how detailed you want to get. I definitely agree that you should do a few practice BCTs just to get the hang of them and see how much detailing you are willing to do. But when you do try it, I am sure that you will fall in love with the idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%