My Buttercream Tips

Decorating By sugarshack Updated 16 Mar 2014 , 2:50pm by loviescakes

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 5:40pm
post #211 of 575

yes, she makes it herself from a secret recipe. i do not know what is in it. icon_sad.gif

Botanesis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Botanesis Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 5:53pm
post #212 of 575

Thank you so much for sharing these tips! Does anyone know the pros/cons to sifting the ps first? Does it make a difference?

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 6:07pm
post #213 of 575

sugarshack, is that one cup of liquid creamer plus one cup of water.

sugarshack Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 4:38am
post #214 of 575

no, one cup of powdered coffee creamer mixed with one cup of hot water to make a liquid. thumbs_up.gif

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 3:45pm
post #215 of 575

okay, thanks alot

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 5:30pm
post #216 of 575

Sharon, please forgive me if I am out of line .....but I would love to see you post your icing recipe and tips in the recipe area here on CC.

I vote to call it (Sugarshack's BC Icing Recipe & Tips) thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif. NOTE: ( at this piont I would be doing the Sugarshack Cha-Cha, but due to surgery a few weeks ago, I can not Cha- Cha my hips icon_lol.gif )

God Bless,
Sharon

sugarshack Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 5:58pm
post #217 of 575

Granny I would be more than happy to do that; am I allowed to post it there as well?

Wishing you a full recovery freind so we can cha cha together soon!

grannys3angels Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 6:32pm
post #218 of 575

Sure you can....people are always posting recipes, go for it lady. Go to the recipe area, click Submit A Recipe and go from there.

God Bless your heart, when I saw you had reply....didn't know if I should duck and run for cover for fear of KA or piping bag hitting me up side the head icon_lol.gif for asking this.

Thank You! so much for the full recovery, it is so appreciated.
Thank You! for sharing your recipe and tips with all of us, that also is so appreciated!

God Bless,
Sharon

Oh be sure to post here and let us know you have posted the recipe.

Jennifer9800 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer9800 Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 5:10am
post #219 of 575

where can i find sweetex? I live in central ky. but can get to louisville, etown, lexington or bowling green with n a couple hours. just curious. I cant wait to try this!!

rajinaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rajinaren Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 1:10pm
post #220 of 575

Does anybody know where to fine sweetex in Austin?

grannys3angels Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 4:31pm
post #221 of 575

You can try cake supply stores that you have around your area also. I can get the Alpine from my friends who have a store.....they order it for me, I get the Alpine from Sysco for $28.25 thats with tax....I am very lucky to be able to get mine that way. I am not able to get the Sweetex, only the Alpine. You might be able to get a store where you live to order it for you, they may be able to do this for you. I do know there are others names of Hi-Ratio Shortening (decoraters icing shortening), but Sweetex & Alpine are the ones I seen spoke of the most on CC.

Here is the information from the other post:

(justsweet wrote),
Here is some information - differant names, etc.

Hi Ratio Shortening

http://www.sysco.com/aboutus/contactus.asp
item number 4003869 shortening cake cube all vegetable
(50lbs for $29, local store in Hayward (510) 481-1515, called cake shortening)

http://www.foodservicedirect.c.....rtening.ht (50lbs super quick blend 50lbs $56.45)

Other brands: Alpine, Biscot 140, Blendex, COVO S.M., Cremelite,CRISCO HI-RATIO, Golden Glow, XXX crème, Monarch Covo Sm (Icings & Cakes), Monarch Covo Sm - Non Hydro
Monarch XXX Cream (for Icings), Monarch Artisan Cremin (for buttercream icing - just whip & use)
Monarch M300 (Icing Base), Canbra Hi Ratio (Cakes) AND SweeteX Hi Ratio Shortening

http://www.bakemark.com/ (32621 Central Ave., Union City 510-487-8188, plus recipes)

http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/p.....1179435745

Hope this helps, God Bless,
Sharon

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 11:31pm
post #222 of 575

What a great thread!! icon_biggrin.gif

sugarshack Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 7:50pm
post #223 of 575

Granny, I have posted my recipe twice but when I go back to look for it, I cannot find it..... icon_cry.gif

rajinaren Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 7:53pm
post #224 of 575

sugarshack you are really great....you are very helpful..thanks for everthing.

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 8:29pm
post #225 of 575

I'll cha cha for granny while sugarshack get's the recipe posted. (I dont want to delay her)

sugarshack Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 8:32pm
post #226 of 575

Can ya'll go see if you can find it? I posted it twice; it was accepted, But I cannot find it..... icon_eek.gif

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 12:54am
post #227 of 575

Sharon,
I clicked your profile and then clicked to view your recipes and none came up.

Copacabanya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Copacabanya Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 1:31am
post #228 of 575

I guess I am officially an idiot! I finally got the nerve to try this tonight for the first time. I think I fried my KA, it is leaking oil around the entire front end and down to the paddle, and my entire batch of BC is so loaded with air bubbles it looks like whipped cream! icon_cry.gif

I gotta tell ya though, this is the BEST tasting BC I think I have ever put in my mouth. It is so creamy and sooo yummy. And at least the cake I made it for will be entirely covered in fondant so no one will see the air bubbles.

How in the world I screwed this up I do not know but I sure did a bang up job of it!

I am still so thankful to have this recipe! If I can work out the air bubbles I'll never go back to my old recipes. So thank you, Sharon! icon_biggrin.gif

Anya

sugarshack Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 6:15am
post #229 of 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanahodgson

Sharon,
I clicked your profile and then clicked to view your recipes and none came up.

hmmmm.....well I just don't know then; I did it twice! icon_cry.gif ( prob did it wrong, LOL)

Verina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Verina Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 6:19am
post #230 of 575

sugarshack: Your cakes are just AMAZING. I have been inspired by them and have used some of your ideas. Thank you for posting your great cakes. They are just lovely.

sugarshack Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 6:20am
post #231 of 575

Thank YOU verina; you are too kind! icon_redface.gificon_smile.gif

tirby Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:15pm
post #232 of 575

Sugarshack,
I am still lookinmg no recipe yet. Maybe PM a monitor they might be of some help

yh9080 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yh9080 Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:26pm
post #233 of 575

I've also been searching for the recipe to no avail.

Sugarshack - Your work is truly amazing. You are the standard to which I aspire!

rajinaren Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:28pm
post #234 of 575

If you find it let me know...i am waiting for the recipe!

grannys3angels Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 11:48pm
post #235 of 575

Sorry, Sharon I just got to catch up on the postings.....I wonder why it is given you troubles.....I hope someone will be able to help you out, maybe as tirby said....a monitor might be able to help out with getting it posted, I hope so, I would really love to see your recipe & tips get put in the recipe area on CC.

Isn't that the truth Verina & yh9080, Sharon's cakes are so amazing....and it just blows my mind how she has such an eye for detailing her cake designs. Her cakes are always so flawless and smooth..... icon_lol.gif her & I have the same 1st. name, but no way the same skills icon_lol.gif .

Thank You, Tirby for Cha-Cha-ing for me icon_biggrin.gif , I have one more week to go and I can Cha-Cha again, the cancer cells...were pre-cancer cells and they got them all...don't have to go back to doctors till Dec. they will check me again and make sure everything is going good. Thank God, DH was doing Cha-Cha after the doctor told us....had been going through this since Oct. 2006. I am ever so thankful to God.

God Bless,
Sharon

sugarshack Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 11:52pm
post #236 of 575

For those of you looking for the recipe, it is in the first post of this thread. I will try to get it in the recipe section somehow.

You guys are just way to kind with all of your kind words to me; I cannot tell you how much that means to me!

granny I thank the Lord you are doing well and recovering from this. Now I am cha cha -ing with joy for you! thumbs_up.gif

tirby Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 1:10am
post #237 of 575

We will both do the cha cha while we decorate.... You just love on thoes Grand babies and thank God they get to have you around for a good long time. Thanks for the recipe Sugar shack.... Everyone is so nice but they are also very honest. Your cakes are AWSOME.......

grannys3angels Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 3:01am
post #238 of 575

Thank You so very much Sharon, and may I say you & tirby have the cha-cha down to a T icon_lol.gif

Sorry you wasn't able to get the recipe to post in the recipe area, but I want to thank you so much for sharing your recipe & tips in this thread....you didn't have to share....but you did and I am thankful for it. I have the best icing I have ever had. I wouldn't have even tried hi-ratio shortening, if I had not seen this thread. So thank you, thank you, thank you icon_biggrin.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

yh9080 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yh9080 Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 7:59am
post #239 of 575

Granny-glad to hear your good news! I'm cha cha-ing with you!

FYI all-I was reading in the Help section that recipes have to be formatted and this can take up to 3 weeks.

Sugarshack-I've been wanting to try your recipe but have been too busy with work and paid orders lately to try it.

grannys3angels Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 6:31pm
post #240 of 575

Thank You very much yh9080, it means a lot. Hope you get to try Sharon's icing recipe & tips out soon and love it as much as my family, friends & I do. Just make sure you read all this thread...I didn't read the recipe very well when I first started making it, come to find out I wasn't adding enough PS and I also learn that having the icing over the paddle makes a huge difference.

First few times it didn't turn out for me, I was doing some things wrong (exp: not enough PS, not getting the icing over the paddle, getting my flavors right to suit our taste buds). I was about to give up....but very happy I kept trying because it works for our taste buds icon_biggrin.gif .

Here is a picture of some I made yesterday....sorry if the picture is not very clear....I have drop my poor camera so many times, it's a wonder it takes any pictures at all. Hope it works so you can see how smooth the icing is. Wish I would have taken the picture before I started dipping it out into the container.

God Bless,
Sharon
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%