Cars Cake Help

Decorating By jackie20201 Updated 9 Apr 2007 , 4:29pm by Momofjakeandjosh

jackie20201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackie20201 Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 11

I have an order for a Disney cars Cake I was wondering if anyone could help on this one I am trying to figure out how to carve the cake they want like a 3d lightning mcqueen. the cake is for about 45 people. Thanks So much in advance for your suggestions.
icon_smile.gif

10 replies
LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 4:32pm
post #2 of 11

*bump*

CranberryClo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CranberryClo Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 11

Check this out:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/boonenati/car.html

It's from the member boonenati and it's amazing. The number of servings depends on the size of oval you have, but you could always do cupcakes or a sheetcake, too!

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 4:44pm
post #4 of 11

do you have time to get the cars pan or a place to get it? In my gallery is the cars pan on top of a sheet that was done for 45 people.... If you want to carve and do a 3D I would say print off a pic of Lightning McQueen and carve it from the template.... just my thought! Post a pic of what you decide to do! Good luck.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackie20201 Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 11:10pm
post #6 of 11

Thanks so much for all of your help. I have to tell you a funny story attached to this after I finally did the cake and all of the work I realized that I did the cake a week early lol. At this point I have to laugh at myself for goofing bigtime I covered it and put it in the freezer. I uploaded the pic I just didn't upload in the postings.

Thanks Again you are all very nice and wonderfull for your suggestions!!

springlakecake Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 11:49am
post #7 of 11

It looks great! You should enable the setting that allows us to leave comments on your photos.

jackie20201 Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 4:12pm
post #8 of 11

You know what I thought it was like that icon_eek.gif . Does anyone know how to change that?? Think this is going on for my other pics to.

springlakecake Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 4:16pm
post #9 of 11

I think you need to go into your forum info or profile or whatever and enable it.

springlakecake Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 4:18pm
post #10 of 11

Okay yeah, go into the My forum info and scroll down to the preferences and click on Yes where it says allow others to comment on photos

Momofjakeandjosh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momofjakeandjosh Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 4:29pm
post #11 of 11

I made one using the 3D cars pan from Wilton. I built the spoiler on the back out of extra cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%