Need Some Ideas For 20Th Birthday Cake

Decorating By lpino Updated 31 Mar 2007 , 2:30pm by lpino

lpino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lpino Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 11:34pm
post #1 of 4

Hi there,

I have seen postings asking for help with difficult cakes and you guys always come to the rescue. The ideas you provide are always awesome and now I need some help...

I need a cake for 10 - 15 people (6 people in the party but the cake can be a bit bigger) and the lady wants it for her daughter's 20th birthday. Before I knew how many people, I told her I could shape the cake as the numbers 2 and 0 but, for 10 people, it would have to be a very small 20.

I would like to give her some other options but can't think of anything more than a round cake with a "20" on top made out of gumpaste or colorflow.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Laura

3 replies
pink_bunny03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pink_bunny03 Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 11:55pm
post #2 of 4

what about doing somethings that you can place on wire around the cake depending on what she likes. you can do bugs (for spring), girly items (cell phones, perfumes, hair clips), fire works, the numbers "2" and "0".

HTH thumbs_up.gif

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 12:01am
post #3 of 4

Hmmmm......20 Not to young and not yet legal. I'd talk to her mother about what she likes. Do a 2 tier round, in the appropriate sizes. A 2 and 0 chocolate transfer with butterflies. I have tons of butterfly pictures. You could do CT, and attach them to heavy floral wire and "cap" the end in fondant to put into the cake that way it can swirl and bend and the butterflys can dance. Put a few on the cake. What woman, at any age doesnt like butterflys. I always add 1 ladybug..for luck.

lpino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lpino Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 2:30pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks very much for the ideas, that's what I'll do. Flowers or butterflies or whatever she likes on wires with the numbers.

I knew I could count on you!!!!!!

I'll post pictures once I'm done.

Happy baking,
Laura

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%