Which Airbrush System So You Prefer...?

Decorating By arianne Updated 20 Mar 2006 , 2:29pm by arianne

arianne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arianne Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 10

Hi all,
Ok, I've got the chance (money) to get an airbrushing system and I wanted to get your imput..which system do you prefer? I've got a choice between the Kromajet brand or the Airmaster brand. Is there alot of difference other than the price? Also, is there another website or company that sells different brands for cake decorating? I figured this would be a good investment to make my cakes look a little more realistic. Thanks in advance for your advice, and for looking.
Arianne

9 replies
vicki0052 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicki0052 Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 10

Hi: I have the Komajet but plan on purchasing the airmaster as soon as I can. The airmaster is the best in airbrushes. Go to sugarcraft.com and there are comments from other decorators on the wonders of the airmaster. If you have the money right now go with the airmaster...Vicki0052.

arianne Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks vicki,
I'm leaning more towards the airmaster because I figured you get what you pay for, but i'm glad to know that it really is worth the money. How much do they have the airmaster listed at on the sugarcrafts website..on the kitchenkrafts website it's $235 (i don't know if these sites are related or not). thanks again for the advice I really appreciate it...icon_biggrin.gif.
Arianne

MelC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelC Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 4:33pm
post #4 of 10

you won't regret getting the Airmaster!!

arianne Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 4:38pm
post #5 of 10

Cool Mel C and Vicki, I'm sooooo getting the airmaster. Oh, is there anything else that I absolutely need to get to go with the system.?
Thanks,
Ari

vicki0052 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicki0052 Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 4:55pm
post #6 of 10

Hi again: Kopykake has their airbrush for $225 not counting tax or shipping. Also, don't forget to get the food coloring airbrush paints used to decorating your cakes. I don't think they come with the airbrush.

Everything cost in the beginning but you won't regret anything once you get everything you need to get started. Good luck! Vicki 0052.

PS: I love this site.

MelC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelC Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 5:26pm
post #7 of 10

Definately get the colours if they're not included. You might also want to get a spare needle... if they get even a little bent in the tip, you get splatters (so be REALLY careful with your needle, but it's good to have a spare on hand anyhow!)

Also, pick up a pack of latex gloves... I ALWAYS end up with coloured fingers when I use mine!! LOL

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 6:29pm
post #8 of 10

the kromajet has a set airpressure, it has a tendancy to splatter the color too. The Airmaster (both mde by Kopykake) has a variable airpressure, so you can spray hard or softly. this is the better one. it ranges from $215 to $235, comes with the 3 primary colours too. so shop around and see what everyone charges for S&H.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 8:48pm
post #9 of 10

Be sure to check eBay...I picked up an Airmaster Plus compressor for $100 a couple of months ago.

Check out this site: www.chefrubber.com. They have a ton of great stuff! I'm thinking about buying my airbrush there.

~ Sherri

arianne Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 2:29pm
post #10 of 10

OOOOOOOOOOOO....I'M SO EXCITED NOW, I CAN'T WAIT TO ORDER..icon_biggrin.gif. THANKS YOU GUYS for all the infoicon_biggrin.gif.
Arianne

P.S. I'm not yelling, i'm just excited..icon_smile.gif.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%