bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 3:03pm
post #1 of

Hi y'all, I just read on another sugar-related website that there is a technique called "milking" the chocolate clay, in other words getting all the oil out of it in a different way. I know newsprint is a popular method, but I have never seen newsprint on sale anyplace!! I've heard this "milking" technique has been taught at Days of Sharing -- is anyone familiar with it? If so, how is it done? Thanks! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
KHalstead Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 6:19pm
post #2 of

don't know.......but I have made it a couple times where the oil actually separated from it on its own.......I threw it out I figured it was ruined!

Ishie Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 6:30pm
post #3 of

Sometimes you can find newprint paper in sketchpads. Try checking out a place that sells sketch pads and you'll likely be able to find some.

musselmom Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 11:26pm
post #4 of

Our local newspaper office will GIVE away the last several feet of news print on a roll. There are many feet still on the free rolls. Area schools and clubs get the "ends" and use the paper to when they want to paint banners. Check with a local news paper office.

lori

formerbuckeye Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 3:57pm
post #5 of

I would think that the packing paper you can buy from office supply locations like Staples would work just as well. I bought some for work, but in looking at it, it seems to be very similar to newsprint. It may not be quite as porous, but I bet it would work.

bobwonderbuns Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 9:58pm
post #6 of

Well it took some doing, but I did find newsprint and used it. I guess I need more practice, because the stuff sticks to the chocolate so badly that I have to scrape it off in little itty bitty pieces!! icon_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif Not a fun job at all!! Oh well, with everything sugar there's a learning curve! icon_rolleyes.gif

Steady2Hands Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 10:03pm
post #7 of

I prefer to knead it into the chocolate clay.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%