Color Flow On Cake

Decorating By southerncake Updated 17 Sep 2004 , 7:05pm by southerncake

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 17 Sep 2004 , 12:13am
post #1 of 6

I have read in the past about using color flow directly on a cake. Does anyone here do this? I got a last minute call for 2 cakes that I would typically do with color flow, but do not have time for them to dry.

Also, is there any type of technique using a thinned buttercream that would work?

Thanks,

Amy icon_smile.gif

PS -- I just read LadyCake's glaze recipe. Has anyone tried this? If I use this, can I still use buttercream for the outlines?

5 replies
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 17 Sep 2004 , 4:12am
post #2 of 6

If you use a thinned buttercream it will not look as smooth... If you would like to see what I am talking about you could go to my site and look in the kids area .. For one Strawberry Shortcake she is done with thinned down buttercream... if you look in the adult area and look at the dolphins I did they are done with the glaze...

I think you would be better off with the glaze you can outline with it just make it a bit thicker and then thin down your colored glaze.. If I can help you let me know.. You can email me if you would like..

[email protected] Just make sure you post something cake related in the Subject line so I can catch the message if it goes to the junk filter..

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 17 Sep 2004 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 6

If you do not have time to make a colorflow, you can always make a chocolate transfer. They are dry and ready to go in minutes.

southerncake Posted 17 Sep 2004 , 5:03pm
post #4 of 6

I have seen your directions for a buttercream transfer. Where can I find directions for a chocolate transfer?

thanks, amy

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 17 Sep 2004 , 6:11pm
post #5 of 6

http://community.webshots.com/user/cali4dawn

You will see:

BCTs instructions

Chocolate Transfers instructions

How to fill a cupcake, how to write on a cake (also in this section but not listed: which tip to use for a professional bakery style cupcake)

Pictures of my projects

Let me know if you need help. [email protected]

southerncake Posted 17 Sep 2004 , 7:05pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you for posting all of the wonderful instructions!! I already had your buttercream transfer instructions, but I think I need to practice that first!

My nearest Micheal's is 30 minutes away, so I am going to get candy melts this weekend and try the chocolate.

I ended up using the marshmallow flow-in method (I got this one from a post on Wilton -- this was for spiderman) and I'm going to use Ladycake's glaze for Elmo.

I'll let you know how they turn out!

Thanks,

Amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%