Callebaut Chocolate...........

Decorating By golfgirl1227 Updated 23 Aug 2010 , 1:01am by anxietyattack

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 14

Obviously I don't live in Canada, so this chocolate isn't as familiar to me (although I use it and love it). How do you pronounce Callebaut? I don't like mispronouncing things and I'm not sure how to say it. I've worked hard to overcome my southwest Missouri "accent" and I like to say things properly!!!!! Please help!

TIA,
Suz

13 replies
ashianadotkom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashianadotkom Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 9:06pm
post #2 of 14

I say it like this......Kaleboo....

I am the same way too .....i like to pronounce things correctly!!

tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripletmom Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 9:52pm
post #3 of 14

'Cal' like California
'e' like elephant
'beau' like Beau Bridges

Cal-e-beau = Callebaut

Now if I'm wrong, I'm in big trouble.... icon_lol.gif

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 11:20pm
post #4 of 14

Tripletmom you are right! It is called Bernard Callibaut chocolate (spelling of the last name is wrong I'm very sure!) I have one near me but have never tasted the chocolate. Everybody says it is TO DIE FOR! I personally don't know.....guess I should try some! icon_biggrin.gif

tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripletmom Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 11:22pm
post #5 of 14

It is to die for! Not as sweet as Swiss chocolate....I tried the some from the Bernard Callebaut shop in Calgary, that's where I first heard of it. Very luxurious!

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 11:25pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgirl1227

Obviously I don't live in Canada, so this chocolate isn't as familiar to me (although I use it and love it). How do you pronounce Callebaut? I don't like mispronouncing things and I'm not sure how to say it. I've worked hard to overcome my southwest Missouri "accent" and I like to say things properly!!!!! Please help!

TIA,
Suz

Suz
I only heard of this Chocolate a couple of years ago, from a friend of mine who is a chef and raves both about Callebaut and Vahlrona as being two of the very best chocolates in the world. I have no idea how to pronounce it myself but just say it the same way she does, which is very close to what tripletmom said except for the last part
'Cal' like California
'e' like elephant
'bear' like a grisly (hehehehe)
but like i said, im only going by how my friend pronounces it : )
Do we need to contact a distributor??
ahahha
Nati

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Mar 2006 , 11:25pm
post #7 of 14

Yup...it is toooo diiieee fffooorrr!!! The factory is here in Calgary.Hubby buys it for me every christmas.a 48 pce box is more than $50.00.

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 18 Mar 2006 , 12:23am
post #8 of 14

Thanks, I was saying it correctly then! (Whew!!!!)

YUM-O (to quote Racheal Ray). This is some seriously good stuff!!!!!

Good thing I have to order it online. If I were near a store that I could buy it in, there would be some serious troubles!

Thanks again!

Njamajama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Njamajama Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 8:37pm
post #9 of 14

I live in Calgary, Alberta, and have had the pleasure of working with Bernard Callebaut. He is a Flemish-speaking Belgian, therefore he pronounces his last name "Kull-about" Because Belgium is formally bilingual, his name may also be pronounced the French way, which is "Kull-bow". I've heard many strange and wonderful ways to say it, but here it is right from the owner's mouth....

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 4:20am
post #10 of 14

Here we go if you want to hear:

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 10:25am
post #11 of 14

Ok while we're at it...

This Cricut cake thing- Is it cry-cut or cricket? My mom says cricket but I thought it was cry-cut.

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 11:32am
post #12 of 14

AnnieCahill - it is cricket, like the bug, like the little green bug that is in their logo......

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 11:40am
post #13 of 14

LOL! I never noticed the bug in the logo. Thanks for clearing that up for me. icon_smile.gif

anxietyattack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anxietyattack Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 1:01am
post #14 of 14

mmmm. I can buy blocks here from Whole Foods. I just made a Callebaut white chocolate cake and used the left overs for white chocolate dipped strawberries MMMMMMMM!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%