Organizing Cookie Cutters???

Baking By anothrcookiejar Updated 2 Apr 2007 , 1:28am by ValMommytoDanny

heidinamba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidinamba Posted 1 Apr 2007 , 4:46am
post #31 of 33

I orgazine all of my cutters into rubbermaid storage bins. Not the huge bins - they probably hold about 25 cookie cutters each. Each bin contains part of the alphabet. First bin is A-C, second bin is D-F and so on.....Then I type up a big label to stick on the side of each bin that names which box it is (ie A-C) and then lists each cookie cutter contained in that box. I currently have about 8 bins. Recently I made 3 separte bins for holidays. One holds just x'mas, one holds easter & valentines, the other holds halloween & st.patricks & 4th of july. My system works well. If I get a new cutter, I place it in the appropriate bin and then just take my sharpie marker and make a note of the new cutter on the outside label.

Pastry0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastry0 Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 12:21am
post #32 of 33

all great ideas !!!! Thanks...

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 1:28am
post #33 of 33

I love the peg board idea - I am getting my little pantry readied for shelving and fridge space - my kitchen is like a closet so I need to use the pantry as efficiently as I can... Hmm... I like the box idea too. I have become a cookie cutter-a-holic I think. It's a mission now...

Thanks for the info. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%