Tea Party Theme

Decorating By rigama Updated 8 Mar 2016 , 8:45pm by Jamie0915

rigama Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 5:39pm
post #1 of 10

I was asked to do a tea party themed birthday cake for a 7 year old girl and I don't even know where to begin making something like this...I'm thinking maybe a teapot made with the Wilton Ball pan and then fashioning a lid, handles and spout out of fondant or something...but I'm not so sure. Any tips? Ideas? Something other than a pot? A cup maybe...?

Thanks!
Rigama

9 replies
KHalstead Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 10

I think the teapot and teacups would definitely be the way to go..........check the gallery and ask for directions I'm sure someone would be more than happy to give them to you.

Katydidz Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 8:03pm
post #4 of 10

If you knew how many guests there were going to be you could make them each their own individual teacup using the mini ball pan. Lots of work but I'm sure they'd love it. I think I teapot would be a good way to go but little teacups would be another option.

jenicharles Posted 2 Mar 2016 , 10:36pm
post #5 of 10

I have made 3 different Alice in Wonderland cakes, all work well for tea themed parties. A little table with a beautiful cloth set for tea is a fun way to go. I have one cake that is pouring a cup of tea from the top to the bottom. I love tea themed cakes <3 Have fun!

Pastrybaglady Posted 3 Mar 2016 , 7:11am
post #6 of 10

I would make little things that look like the food you would have at a tea party: finger sandwiches, scones, pastries, cookies...

Pastrybaglady Posted 3 Mar 2016 , 7:11am
post #7 of 10

I would make little things that look like the food you would have at a tea party: finger sandwiches, scones, pastries, cookies...

berenstain Posted 3 Mar 2016 , 1:22pm
post #8 of 10

I used an aluminum bowl with a rounded bottom for the cake.  For the spout and handle I fashioned them by hand from a gum paste and fondant combination and making a flange at the points where the spout and handle would be touching the teapot.  I put holes in the flange big enough to insert a long tooth pick (or something similar) to hold them in place.  Hope this might help someone in the future. 

carolinecakes Posted 3 Mar 2016 , 2:03pm
post #9 of 10

Here's a link to a tutorial with pics. HTH

http://www.make-fabulous-cakes.com/teapot-cake.html

Jamie0915 Posted 8 Mar 2016 , 8:45pm
post #10 of 10

I made one 2 week ago. It was my first cake ever :) t was a tea pot in the top of a 8 inch cake.  http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3361820/first-cake-ever-rachel-7-birthday

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%