Fondant Zebra Stripes Ahead Of Time?

Decorating By cakeshy Updated 19 Jun 2007 , 2:07pm by ibmoser

cakeshy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeshy Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 2:46pm
post #1 of 6

I'm doing a zebra birthday cake for this weekend. Black zebra stripes will be fondant placed on buttercream cake. What's the best way to do these ahead of time and store them so that they are still pliable on Thursday night when I want to assemble the cake? I took time last night to roll and cut the stripes and placed them in ziplock bags. This am, the fondant was all stuck together and somewhat melted! Maybe I had too many in the bag on top of each other????

5 replies
NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 6

BUMP!!

Bumping you cause I have only made fondant pieces ahead of time that needed to be dry. I have not make pieces I needed flexible ahead of time. Jen

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 9:36pm
post #3 of 6

I will cut my pieces and wrap each of them gently in plastic wrap getting as much air out without marking the fondant and then store in a tupperware container or anyother large flat sealed container. I usually cut mine the day I will be assembling the cake......and have had no problems..

good luck.....

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:33pm
post #4 of 6

i do the same w/my premade fondant shapes. in tupperware container.

btw - what do you use to cut the shape of the stripes or do you do it freehand.

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 10:23pm
post #5 of 6

might be time for glad press n seal!

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 2:07pm
post #6 of 6

I have used the Glad Press 'n Seal and then put that into another airtight container and had flexible pieces almost a week later.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%