Pix Of A "test" Cake & My New Stand :)

Decorating By greencargirl Updated 18 Apr 2005 , 10:58pm by momof3jotynjake

greencargirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greencargirl Posted 17 Apr 2005 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 14

i posted the pictures of a 6" that is pretty much what we're going to use for our wedding cake... i baked 12 cakes this weekend and put them all in the freezer... i went to wal-mart this morning and bought 12 bags of powdered sugar and 10 of marshmallows... i think the check out girl thought i was nuts... she asked me if we were having a really big bonfire or something... well, then i wanted to try the red velvet cake mix cuz it looks so pretty but i've never tasted it before... so i made that extra and tried to cover in mmf... of course, i forgot to sift the sugar the first time so i had to make ANOTHER batch... oh, long story... and i haven't even told you about the mouse in my oven... icon_eek.gif

13 replies
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 1:04am
post #2 of 14

That turned out very pretty greencargirl~
Looks like your on your way to making a beautiful cake for your wedding!! That stand is so cool! I would love to get one one day!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 1:44am
post #3 of 14

You are going to have a beautiful wedding cake for sure! I can't wait to see it finished. What does the topper look like?

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 6:47am
post #4 of 14

OK the cake really is great and you will only get better, but I see no one else has addressed the second part of your post..... NOW TELL ME ABOUT THE MOUSE IN YOUR OVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 8:47am
post #5 of 14

hello greencargirl! first, let me say that i never sift my p.sugar. icon_lol.gif ...and i always do fine. second...where did you come up with that name? my daughter loves your avatar!! i also stocked up on p.sugar, cake mix and other cake items and the cashier nearly went crazy scanning all of my stuff!!! icon_surprised.gificon_biggrin.gif

greencargirl Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 11:10am
post #6 of 14

ok, the mouse... i started baking at like 5:30 and my fiance left to go help his friend with his car so i took out the oven mitts in case i had to remove the cakes in an emergency (they were pretty full of batter)... and i picked up one of the mitts and it was REALLY heavy... about 5 months ago we caught a mouse in the oven drawer so i was freaking out about this mitt being so heavy... i put it on the table and poked it with a pen and it was not moving but there was definetely a lump in the top of the mitt... so i put my purse on the bottom of it so it couldn't escape and continued with the baking till my fiance got home around 10:30... he took the mitt outside and turned it upside down and guess what came out! dog food!!! tons of it was packed inside of it so we took all my baking sheets and mitts out of the oven drawer and there was more dog food piled neatly in the corner so there definetely is a mouse, now we have a trap set inside and hopefully we get the darn thing (no affense mouse) but ugh! i hate mice!!! hehe, so yeah, that's my story icon_smile.gif

and diane, about my name, i always use this name, it's actually my email too, i have a bright green mistubishi eclipse car (it looks like the one in the fast & the furious) and it's all done up for car shows and stuff... i wish i could post a pic on here but no cars i guess so i'll try posting it on the net sometime and put a link to it here...

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 11:19am
post #7 of 14

icon_lol.gif None taken greencargirl, it's not good to have one that is storing food in places, because who knows how many friends he might have.

AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 11:29am
post #8 of 14

Just noticing that you had already made the 6".. Looks good! Ummm.. you didn't freeze the fondant on the cakes, did you? I haven't tried this myself, but have been warned not to, and just wanted to let you know.. I'm also going to be doing my own wedding cake and have to start baking soon, though not yet sure what flavor(s) we want in it!

Best regards,
~AngelWendy

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 1:03pm
post #9 of 14

I can see a big change in your rose the edges are much thinner. Very nice!

now 2 more little hints on the leaves which a nice either use a leaf veiner or just take a knife a score for veins lightly on each leaf you will be surprised how lifelike they will look

Then on the rose lightly bend some of the outer petals out so they do not look so perfect and lightly roll the edges . not sure how to explain it look at a rose they are slightly curled on the edges and have a bend or pinched area. These small things make them look even more real.

I am SO Impressed with what you have been doing

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 5:36pm
post #10 of 14

Now I can understand......
mice are like snakes to me, dont mind them one bit, but I want to know they are there before they know I'm there or at least see them coming before they pop up..... I would have to say I would think if I did the same thing as you poking....and nothing came out I would have dumped it in a garbage bag...

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 5:41pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by greencargirl

i posted the pictures of a 6" that is pretty much what we're going to use for our wedding cake... i baked 12 cakes this weekend and put them all in the freezer... i went to wal-mart this morning and bought 12 bags of powdered sugar and 10 of marshmallows... i think the check out girl thought i was nuts... she asked me if we were having a really big bonfire or something... well, then i wanted to try the red velvet cake mix cuz it looks so pretty but i've never tasted it before... so i made that extra and tried to cover in mmf... of course, i forgot to sift the sugar the first time so i had to make ANOTHER batch... oh, long story... and i haven't even told you about the mouse in my oven... icon_eek.gif

HOW TO YOU LIKE WALMARTS POWDERED SUGAR??
ITS 1.00 RIGHT FOR 2LB BAG?? I SAW IT THERE THE OTHERDAY... I KNOW IT CONTAINS THAT BEET? SOMEONE TOLD ME NOT TO USE IT IF IT HAS BEET... THANKS!!!

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 5:54pm
post #12 of 14

The only powdered sugar I have ever seen labeled PURE cane sugar is C and H They have recently started putting NO beet sugar on their bag also Why??? most brands just say sugar Walmart does say beet sugar I see no difference in how it works and tastes not sure what the deal is sugar beets have been a source of sugar forever.

greencargirl Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 10:41pm
post #13 of 14

on the first batch of mmf i used some cheap marshmallows and powdered sugar and it ended up having a bunch of hard little pebbles in it... i also didn't sift the sugar so i used the pure stuff next time and it worked a lot better (sifted too)...

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 10:58pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by greencargirl

ok, the mouse... i started baking at like 5:30 and my fiance left to go help his friend with his car so i took out the oven mitts in case i had to remove the cakes in an emergency (they were pretty full of batter)... and i picked up one of the mitts and it was REALLY heavy... about 5 months ago we caught a mouse in the oven drawer so i was freaking out about this mitt being so heavy... i put it on the table and poked it with a pen and it was not moving but there was definetely a lump in the top of the mitt... so i put my purse on the bottom of it so it couldn't escape and continued with the baking till my fiance got home around 10:30... he took the mitt outside and turned it upside down and guess what came out! dog food!!! tons of it was packed inside of it so we took all my baking sheets and mitts out of the oven drawer and there was more dog food piled neatly in the corner so there definetely is a mouse, now we have a trap set inside and hopefully we get the darn thing (no affense mouse) but ugh! i hate mice!!! hehe, so yeah, that's my story icon_smile.gif

and diane, about my name, i always use this name, it's actually my email too, i have a bright green mistubishi eclipse car (it looks like the one in the fast & the furious) and it's all done up for car shows and stuff... i wish i could post a pic on here but no cars i guess so i'll try posting it on the net sometime and put a link to it here...

LMFAO!! that is sooo funny! as i was reading this! i was dying laughing !! LOL!! too funny!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%