How Do You Do Plaid On Cookies????

Baking By manatee19 Updated 15 Mar 2006 , 1:29pm by antonia74

manatee19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manatee19 Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 12:14am
post #1 of 7

I'm making some icing covered cookies in the shape of scotty dogs. I plan on doing a plaid scarf. How do you do plaid, with the under over affect? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Stephanie

6 replies
DDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DDiva Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 12:23am
post #2 of 7

I'm assuming that you're covering the cookies with royal icing or fondant. I'd use food color pens and a straight edge.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 12:37am
post #3 of 7

I do a very simple type of "plaid" on my golfbag cookies...just 2 colours across one another:
LL

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 2:43am
post #4 of 7

So do you do all the lines of one color and then go back and do the same with the other color? (does that make sense?? lol icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif ) That's what it looks like to me but I want to be sure because I, too, will be doing a plaid pattern on a cookie for the first time very soon! icon_smile.gif

slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 3:08am
post #5 of 7

Here's another "plaid" that KHalsted did in a Valentine cookie bouquet. In the comments she gave some details on how she did it:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos_display_69_-23272.html

manatee19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manatee19 Posted 15 Mar 2006 , 8:16am
post #6 of 7

Thank you all for your ideas. I have a much better idea what I'm going to do. Lines, next to lines, with different tips. Learn something new everyday.

Thanks again,
Stephanie

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 15 Mar 2006 , 1:29pm
post #7 of 7

sorry, I should have explained. Yes, one colour piped...then I let it dry a few hours before the next colour beside it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%