Reporting Back Re Frozen Cookies...

Baking By patton Updated 12 Mar 2006 , 6:16pm by Kos

patton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patton Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 10:50pm
post #1 of 8

Last week I was baking Wedding Cake cookies and had a question about freezing them. Well I did freeze them for about a week, and this morning I took one out and let it thaw completely. It looked the same as when I put in the freezer last week, so that was good. It tasted the same also, although it was just a tad softer. But all in all I'm happy with the way it came out, after being frozen.

I used Toba Garrett's glace icing, white. I had royal icing rosettes in pastel colors (Toba's recipe) on the cookie, and I also had a fondant oval on the cookie--that was in perfect shape after being frozen--and I had a ribbon of fondant trailing down from the rosettes, and that also was in great shape.

Just wanted to report back, in case anyone else wanted to know the results, for future reference. icon_smile.gif

7 replies
Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 2:32am
post #2 of 8

Thanks detective patton. detective.gif
That's good to know. I think everyone always wonders but never has time to actually check it out.

Good work!

kos

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 2:35am
post #3 of 8

Thanks Patton--I have 2 huge cookie orders coming up. One for 240 cookies (bride and groom llike in my photos) and 300 house cookies.

Goodness--I better start tonite!!!

Kos Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 2:41am
post #4 of 8

Mac,
How many ovens do you have? I can't imagine that many, especially since I'm royal-icing challenged! icon_cry.gif

kos

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 12:40pm
post #5 of 8

Only have one oven--General Electric.

I know one day I will have a cake in the oven and when I open the door, it will still be sitting there unbaked. My poor oven--I hug it evey day and tell it how good it is. LOL!!!

Kos Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 3:20pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac

Only have one oven--General Electric.

I know one day I will have a cake in the oven and when I open the door, it will still be sitting there unbaked. My poor oven--I hug it evey day and tell it how good it is. LOL!!!

Mac, you crack me up. I always enjoy your posts and pictures. Oh, to be like you and Antonia some day! icon_wink.gif I don't bake as much as you but I have another appliance that I find things in I forgot about....my dryer. icon_confused.gif

kos

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 3:57pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos

Mac,
How many ovens do you have? I can't imagine that many, especially since I'm royal-icing challenged! icon_cry.gif

kos

Oh Kos you crack me up LOL...

I wanna make some cookies today but I am not feeling all that good. So I think I better not even attempt it. Having to make dough, icing, baking, decorating and WORSE clean up!!!!!!

If I feel A bit better later on I will make some St Patricks Day cookies.

Oh crap, I forgot who got kicked of the island? I missed survivor.

Kos Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 6:16pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake_Princess

Oh crap, I forgot who got kicked of the island? I missed survivor.

Oh, Survivor was pretty good. They had an award/elimination challenge all in one. The kicker was, whoever won got the grill/wine/pop award, got to pick the person from the other team to go to exile island. The person to go to exile island was off-limits to getting voted off for the night. The astronaut team lost and the other team picked the remaining girl, Sally, to go to exile island. YIKES! icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif The guys were so bummed. They voted the astronaut off. Next week the show is on Wednesday and then it will miss a week. Weird schedule.

Hope you are feeling better Cake Princess.

kos

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%