Eggless, Milkless, Butterless Cake

Decorating By tammylenz Updated 27 Mar 2007 , 8:00pm by 7yyrt

tammylenz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammylenz Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 10:08pm
post #1 of 19

I am looking for a cake that has no eggs, milk or butter. Is there a recipie out there where the cake does not come out dense? I would want it to be vanilla or something simple but fluffy.

18 replies
alibugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alibugs Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 19

how about a tortilla. Just joking.

alibugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alibugs Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 19

I was looking for an almond cake and fell upon this Vegan Cake. It was rated high. There was one that hadno eggs, milk or butter but was rated 1. hth

kbochick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbochick Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 11:35pm
post #4 of 19

We have vegan friends, and I've made a few vegan cakes. I can go one better, I've made vegan GLUTEN FREE cakes! What I usually do is just use a regular cake recipe, but use soy margarine instead of butter, soy milk instead of milk, and egg replacer for the eggs. They've all turned out fine!

Good luck!

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 11:54pm
post #5 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammylenz

I am looking for a cake that has no eggs, milk or butter.

but then what's the point? icon_biggrin.gif

jastaus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jastaus Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 12:35am
post #6 of 19

i make a chocolate vegan cake that is not that bad. The chocolate really helps to cover the weird taste of no good stuff like butter. Its just flower, sugar, coco powder, oil, baking soda, lemon juice and water. I don't know the exact measurements right now as I am not home. But If you still don't find on on the internet I will be back at my house this weekend. PM if you need it!.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 1:02am
post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibugs

how about a tortilla. Just joking. here's a bump.

I was thinking "pie". icon_lol.gif

jelligirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jelligirl Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 1:11am
post #8 of 19
Quote:

how about a tortilla. Just joking..

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 1:21am
post #9 of 19
Quote:

how about a tortilla. Just joking..

rotflmao....oh how I wish I had not just taken a sip of coffee before reading that........ icon_lol.gif

momthreekiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momthreekiddos Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 2:38am
post #10 of 19

I know that you said that you were looking for a white cake recipe, however, I've got a chocolate cake recipe that doesn't have milk, eggs, or butter. It's an old recipe that my grandmother used to make to take to Rodeo's.......(hence the no eggs, butter, or milk......it didn't spoil!)

Let me know if you would like the recipe!

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 2:45am
post #11 of 19

ohmygosh.............tell 'em to leave you alone~!~~~! and to go eat an organic carrot or something.

nannaraquel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannaraquel Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 2:46am
post #12 of 19

You can try a diet soda cake--maybe white cake with 7up or something along those lines? It's just cake mix and one can of diet soda--you don't add any of the oil, butter, etc., on the back of the box. Fill your cake pan about 2/3 full, and use a heating core of some kind. hth

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 2:49am
post #13 of 19

if they're avoiding the listed ingredients for health reasons....they're not going to put diet soda in their bodies either. Sorry...!

nannaraquel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannaraquel Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 2:57am
post #14 of 19

Probably not, but if they're avoiding those ingredients for calorie control, or because they are vegan out of principle (rather than being vegan for the health benefits), then a diet soda cake works out just fine. It was just another suggestion.

rjtaconner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rjtaconner Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 3:12am
post #15 of 19

I have a son that had to have a wheat, dairy and egg free birthday cake for his first and second birthdays. I had bought an allergen free cake mix from www.allergygrocer.com. The problem here is that they don't recommend replacing all three. So I ended up with a cake that was more biscuit consistency than cake. But still tasty.

Most egg replacers have wheat, but you can sub a gluten free baking soda and water for an egg. (I forget the qty's). You could also use club soda. I've also heard some people use apple sauce to replace butter.

rjtaconner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rjtaconner Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 3:18am
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjtaconner

I have a son that had to have a wheat, dairy and egg free birthday cake for his first and second birthdays. I had bought an allergen free cake mix from www.allergygrocer.com. The problem here is that they don't recommend replacing all three. So I ended up with a cake that was more biscuit consistency than cake. But still tasty.

Most egg replacers have wheat, but you can sub a gluten free baking soda and water for an egg. (I forget the qty's). You could also use club soda. I've also heard some people use apple sauce to replace butter.

This link might be helpfull. They have a whole section about baking with substitutes.

http://www.allergygrocer.com/gluten_free_wheat_free_id235.html

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 4:22am
post #17 of 19

My carrot cake can be made vegan, and it's terrific. Banana cake can be made vegan as well and turn out great. Stay away from cake mixes, because virtually all of them have non-vegan ingredients.

Your going to need a cake that has some moist ingredients that replace the unctuousness of butter, sour cream etc. A cake with finely grated coconut is usually a good bet for a vegan conversion as well.

springbound Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springbound Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 3:51pm
post #18 of 19

I'm new around here, but I just wanted to suggest http://www.amazon.com/dp/1569242739/?tag=cakecentral-20 <---this book. I'm fairly certain that a lot of these recipes could be adapted to be used as a full cake and gives good pointers on things to avoid. I'm not vegan (I love cheese waaaay too much), but I really loved this book.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 8:00pm
post #19 of 19

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%