Softball Ideas

Decorating By mommicakes Updated 26 Mar 2007 , 5:26pm by Kayakado

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 5:03pm
post #1 of 5

I am going to be making a cake for a High School softball team, does anyone have any cool ideas? would appreciate any input.

4 replies
cakesbyalice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyalice Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 5

I happen to be a Softball Mom! I use the half ball pan frost it neon yellow with red threads. I use a star tip. Put that on top of a 1/2 sheet cake (depending on how many to feed) I have even put it on a 1/4 sheet. I always frost and border the sheet cake in team colors. You can put the team name on the sheet cake!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 5:20pm
post #3 of 5

When my little brother was in little league (he's almost 40 now, so you can see how long ago that was), I made a cake for his team picnic. A sheet cake iced to look like a ball diamond. Attach graham crackers around the sides (ball field fencing) and piped local business advertisements on them.

I assembled the crackers and did the advertising piping at the picnic, because if you do it the day before and put it in the 'frig, the graham crackers will get soggy and flop over. And no, I WON'T tell you how I found that out! icon_redface.gif

The cake was a HUGE hit.

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 5

thanks bunches. I still have a few weeks, but I need to plan accordingly. I like the graham cracker idea.

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 5

I saw a neat cake somewhwere that has grass piped around the bottom and in the grass were placed those foil-wrapped chocolates that look like baseballs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%