Post Your Worst Cake!!

Decorating By ge978 Updated 23 Aug 2018 , 10:59pm by kakeladi

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 11:00pm
post #121 of 1303

Smoochie- Its not leaning........It is your first whimsical cake! LOL LOL

Seriously guys if I end up at the state hospital this weekend it will be your fault Ge978. My DH thinks I have lost my mind laughing at you guys!

I have another cake due tommorrow so I hope to get into the kitchen and get it done at a decent time. If I do I will go digging for my ugly cake!

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 11:05pm
post #122 of 1303

Oh great, the first time I would win a contest & its for an ugly cake icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

MommyChristine: half naked chick...that is soooo funny!!

Newtodecorating: I'm sure this isn't the first time I've cause someone to end up there icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

Smoochiefrog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smoochiefrog Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 11:12pm
post #123 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTODECORATING

Smoochie- Its not leaning........It is your first whimsical cake! LOL LOL

ROFL!!!! What a nice way to look at it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge978

Smoochiefrog: When you keep looking at both pictures the cake looks like its waving to you

Hee!!!!

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 11:14pm
post #124 of 1303

Too funny! This is comical! Triplet mom your description is killing me icon_cry.gificon_confused.gificon_cry.gif LMAO!

tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripletmom Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 11:16pm
post #125 of 1303

Hate to admit it but the booties get my vote too! To be honest I wasn't sure what they were, I thought they might be bunnies....or something.......! icon_redface.gif

What are they supposed to be sitting in, baby powder? icon_lol.gif

ge978 Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 11:21pm
post #126 of 1303

tripletmom: I'm laughing out loud at bunnies!! hey, powdered sugar for baby powder...I never thought of that. I have no idea why I put powdered sugar around them icon_confused.gif

For all you decorators who have wanted to give up at one time or another...take a nice long look at those baby booties!! If I didn't give up after those, then noone should icon_surprised.gif

PennySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennySue Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 11:45pm
post #127 of 1303

Just go home from work and logged into this topic. I haven't stopped laughing. The ladybug and Tammy Fay are my favorites so far. Glad I didn't read this at work, being a library tech at an Elm. school, well, I have to set a good example. I don't have any pics of my worst cakes as I have just thrown them out. I'll be less prideful after this. After all laughter is the best medicine. Thanks for sharing all of your stories!!

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 11:51pm
post #128 of 1303

OMG!! You guys are hysterical!!! I'm LMAO!! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif
I vote for the booties and the ladybug! No, the baby! icon_wink.gif
Ok, I don't HAVE any ugly cakes to put on here! icon_wink.gif But then that's just cause I haven't MADE any cakes yet!! Unless you count the cupcakes in my gallery and they were just butt-UGLY!! HOWEVER, I will be doing my FIRST cake Wed. It's for a birthday....Snickers cake (that I've never tried!)....probably with buttercream frosting (that I've never made before)...ANDDDDDDD an 8 inch round chocolate transfer of a dartboard that will cover almost the enire cake! Oh, yeah......and I thought that wasn't enough first's that I'd "whip up" some MMF and make darts to go along with the dartboard.

Now how many of you want to bet I"M going to win that ugly contest?! icon_lol.gif

mushbug9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mushbug9 Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 11:54pm
post #129 of 1303

What a thread to post for the first time. LOL. I think that its a tie between the booties and the ornament. LOLOL

Since its my first post, HI! I'm pretty new to this but I love it and I LOVE this site.

My worst cake I don't have a pic of. It started out as my BEST cake. My nephew wanted a dragon cake. It took me 3 days to make a basic two layer cake and decorate it, but it was cool, it had flames coming up the side of the cake, and a big dragon's head on top and flames coming out of the dragon's mouth. What ruined it was that after I gave it to my sis, I had to go out and she left it on the table. Her DOG went onto the table (a small dog) and licked half the dragon's head off. Well that was all we had so we couldn't trash the cake cause the party was in half an hour. So I got my icing and my stuff and went back over and what came out was a dragon who originally 2 colors had 4. The head was SERIOUSLY mishapen and there was a huge divot in the cake because the icing wasn't as thick under the repair. My father said it looked like a horse. It was too funny, but I unfortunatly have no pic.

My second worse what this one. It was my first ever cake and was decorated with canned icing. I didn't have enough to decorate the sides of the cake and my daughter got to is first as you can see. It tasted good though. LOL.
icon_lol.gif

**It won't attach so I will put it into my album. It is the balloon.

gailsgoodies Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 11:58pm
post #130 of 1303

OK, after reading my post.......I'm having second, third, fourth, and fifth thoughts about doing this cake........... icon_cry.gifdunce.gificon_cry.gif Maybe I'll just go BUY one! Naaaaaaaaa....I guess I gotta start somewhere, instead of just living vicariously thru everyone here at CC! thumbs_up.gif

KCsmom98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KCsmom98 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 12:02am
post #131 of 1303

OMG...you guys are killing me...if it weren't for the fact that i have a pounding headache and a big knot on my head...i would be ROFLMAO icon_biggrin.gif

i went through my cake pictures and i found 5 more ugly cakes icon_cry.gificon_redface.gificon_cry.gif ...i can't believe it. thank god none of them are "baby bootie" quality though icon_razz.gif ...just kidding.

i'll have to put in my gallery icon_redface.gif it won't let me upload anything on here.

Jen

gailsgoodies Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 12:10am
post #132 of 1303

Great thread, ge978! thumbs_up.gif Keep those ugly pictures coming you guys! I'll post mine Thursday! icon_lol.gif

ge978 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 12:15am
post #133 of 1303

gailsgoodies: I'm sure you will do a beautiful job on your cake...just in case we will leave you a little room to post the pic here icon_surprised.gif

KCsmom98: there is nothing wrong with those cakes you just posted! Well, except that the bottom carrot in the one cake seems to be placed in a most unfortunate way(it looks a little suggestive) icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

Good thing I didn't post my booties in my gallery...can you imagine? tapedshut.gif

ge978 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 12:16am
post #134 of 1303

Oh, & welcome mushbug9!!! You will become addicted soon!

mikaza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mikaza Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 12:19am
post #135 of 1303

I am looking for the pictures of my worst cakes ever (buried somewhere on my computer, so nobody can dig them up when I get famous!)

But one time I was making a cake for a party, and the filling oozed out 3 times (after it was all decorated and everything)..I got so mad I just took a wooden spoon to the cake and demolished it. Then I decided that I couldn't waste such a big cake that had taken so much time and so many expensive ingredients (it had fresh lemon curd after all!) So I decided to layer the cake/curd/frosting mush with fresh whipped cream in a HUGE trifle bowl (which I think is actually a body-double for the Stanley Cup)

To this day, I get rave reviews on that trifle...and people ask me for the recipe all the time.

ARGH!

gailsgoodies Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 12:22am
post #136 of 1303
Quote:
Quote:

I'm sure you will do a beautiful job on your cake...just in case we will leave you a little room to post the pic here

icon_lol.gif I'm thinkin' you ot to leave a LOTTA room!! icon_lol.gif

Quote:
Quote:

KCsmom98: there is nothing wrong with those cakes you just posted! Well, except that the bottom carrot in the one cake seems to be placed in a most unfortunate way(it looks a little suggestive)

Oh thank GOODNESS someone else thought that besides ME!! icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif I thought I was being a cake pervert and might get sent to the naughty room!! tapedshut.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Good thing I didn't post my booties in my gallery...can you imagine?

Now you KNOW we only would have said NICE things!! After all...you DID do a pretty good job on them....they just look like they would have fit the "Jolly Green GIANT"!!! icon_lol.gif

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 12:25am
post #137 of 1303

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif them there so called booties get my vote icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I'm so sorry to say that; please forgive me icon_cry.gif

annlou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annlou Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 12:25am
post #138 of 1303

Ok now, I was laughing so hard I was crying which caused makeup to get in my eye I couldn't see with no tissues handy I ran into the wall getting to the bathroom for a tissue! Thank you all for the good laugh!

ge978 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 12:31am
post #139 of 1303

gailsgoodies: yeah, I kinda felt like a perv pointing it out too, but I figured this would be the thread to do it!Now I know those booties are butt-ugly!!! Somebody would have been hard pressed to find something to say about them...& they finally have a place where they belong - in this thread icon_lol.gif

ge978 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 12:34am
post #140 of 1303

I'm not mad at ya Stephanie...this is why I started the thread so we could all laugh at ourselves & have everyone laugh with us!

Annlou: that is hilarious!!

gailsgoodies Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 12:41am
post #141 of 1303

Holy Moly, Annlou!! Be careful or you'll poke your eye out and not be able to decorate! You know I just took another look at those booties....I think they will give me some good competition for the Most Ugly award.... icon_wink.gif And I won't even be TRYING to win, this cake is for some of my best friends and it's at a bar where we play darts everyweek!

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 12:41am
post #142 of 1303

Guys I just thought of something. Several of these "challenged" cakes are being uploaded to the gallery. If any of the gallery support members don't know about this thread they are going to be thinking- "What the H*** is wrong with the CC members!" All of these "interesting" cakes being uploaded tonight.

aupekkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aupekkle Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 12:48am
post #143 of 1303

Pictures attached to the thread only stays within the thread, right? It doesn't get uploaded in the galleries unless you put it there, right?

ninkysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninkysue Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 12:53am
post #144 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisseyann

That's a Christmas ornament???? I thought it was some funky-ass jack-o-lantern! LOL

I am laughing so hard, I had to scroll back up and look at the cake. It does look like a jack-o-lantern. To funny!!!! icon_eek.gif

Mystic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mystic Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 12:54am
post #145 of 1303

you got it. aupekkle
You guys are so bold to upload to your photos :lol
I was not even bold enough to take the picture of my worste cake. But now I wish I did icon_sad.gif

gailsgoodies Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 12:56am
post #146 of 1303

Oh, NOOOOO I LIED!! I just remembered I DO have cake that I made...I forgot about it until my last post! I was thinking, well my friends have low standards...they thought Ernie's cake was GREAT! Box cake with canned icing I did shortly after I became addicted to this site! Oh TRUST me, this cake looks SOOOOOO bad if it's any larger than this!!
LL

gailsgoodies Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 1:00am
post #147 of 1303
Quote:
Quote:

Several of these "challenged" cakes are being uploaded to the gallery.

You're RIGHT! A lot of people DID put them in the gallery!! OH, NO! icon_surprised.gif

Ok....it's ge978 fault!! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! icon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

ge978 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 1:13am
post #148 of 1303

Why I gotta get blamed for everything? icon_lol.gif Oh no, I pity the person/s who have to comment on some of these cakes icon_surprised.gif Maybe I should post my baby booties to the gallery icon_lol.gif
Actually, whoever posted a pic to the gallery specifically for this forum should probably make a note & explain under their comments. thumbs_up.gif

I hope this thread convinces you guys to hold on to those pictures of your bad cakes...you never know when they will be needed.

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 1:24am
post #149 of 1303

I posted mine in the gallery when I made it...I felt mighty brave icon_lol.gif

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 1:26am
post #150 of 1303

Too funny. I've been laughing through 10 pages and everytime I start-up again, my husband says, "now what?!" I had some serious tears running down my face. I think it rinsed the pollen out! I'm glad to see everyone started um, er...not so good. Gives me some hope!

kos

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%