Post Your Worst Cake!!

Decorating By ge978 Updated 23 Aug 2018 , 10:59pm by kakeladi

Biebelenyip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biebelenyip Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 7:05pm
post #61 of 1303

Allright. Now you 'll got me laughing - now there's my blushing time. There's my first real decorating cake. It's supposed to look like a castle - but DH likes to refer to as a ancient ruin.
What went wrong? Using a muffinform for the towers - and not straightening it afterwards. BUt also: using buttercream with butter that hadn't melted enough. And then there's the rest... icon_redface.gif
LL

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 7:08pm
post #62 of 1303

You people are hilarious...ge978, your husbands comment has me laughing so hard I'm crying.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 7:17pm
post #63 of 1303

OMG you people are killing me!!!!!!!!!!! This has got to be the funniest thread I have ever read in my life....I don't remember ever laughing aloud this hard at something I was reading!!!!! The cakes really aren't that funny it's the descriptions that are killin' me!!! Here is my worst one...I too have been wanting to get it removed from the gallery....well, let me correct by saying worst one I took a photo of...well, maybe I have a few more...but this one came to mind. This is a castle cake I spend a month planning for my daughter's first birthday. I was so thrilled to have a girl (after already having two boys) that I thought PINK PINK PINK. I used store bought cake mixes and store bought icing...yes store bought icing for a 3-D cake!!! LOL I had it all planned out well, it was just when it came time to do it that everything fell apart.....I worked until 4am on this stupid thing!!! My hands are hot and the icing kept melting so I put the whole thing in the freezer and I dont know what happened but as soon as it thawed the whole thing started to sink and fall.........I mean, my DD did attack one tower before the photo was taken...but this thing wouldn't have stood under it's own power much longer anyhow...the worst part is what you can't see.....I thought it would be fun to dye the cake mixes different "girly" colors....so some of the cake was fuscia LOL and some was a dark purple and a dark yellow....everyone at the party was having trouble eating it because it looked like play-dough!!!! It was so nasty!!!!
LL

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 7:21pm
post #64 of 1303

I dug this old photo up from about 10 years ago. It was for my youngest daughter's birthday. Everything about this screams HIDEOUS! From the sloppy icing job to the horrible colors I chose. We had alot of laughs over this cake, though. My dd ate probably 8 of these mini cupcakes and her mouth and teeth were a gross shade of blue/purple.

This is such a fun thread...keep 'em coming, guys and gals! icon_biggrin.gif
LL

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 7:22pm
post #65 of 1303

I'm glad you guys are having fun & laughing. I thought this would be a fun thread to bring us into the weekend.

khalstead: I was reading through your post expecting this goopy, gloppy terrible excuse for a cake...omg it is not bad at all!! I like it, especially considering the fact that you used can icing & its almost impossible to pipe with that stuff.

I'm still searching for my worst one...& yes I have one worse than that baby one. Yeah, I know thats what you guys were thinking icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

KHalstead Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 7:24pm
post #66 of 1303

everytime I hear that someone has made a baby cake I will think of yours!!!! I'm still laughing!! When you said that your husband said it scared him....OMG...my husband always goes downstairs and snacks in the middle of the night, I"m just picturing him going in the fridge and having that baby cake in there!!!! OMG........this is too funny!!!!!!!!!!!

Smoochiefrog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smoochiefrog Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 7:25pm
post #67 of 1303

I'm at work laughing right along with all of ya'll. When I get home, I'll post my daughter's 3rd birthday cake. It was beyond hideous!

jdogga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdogga Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 7:48pm
post #68 of 1303

THIS IS SOOOO FUNNY!!! WHAT A GREAT IDEA FOR A THREAD!

SherisEdibleDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SherisEdibleDesigns Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 7:49pm
post #69 of 1303

Oh, yes, the worst. That would be a toss up between the lovely Wilton course 1 rainbow cake and the litter box cake in my photos.

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 7:54pm
post #70 of 1303

We had a student from Germany and it was his birthday about a week after he arrived at our house. My mom asked me to make a Canadian themed cake, since we didn't really know what his interests were at the time. I thought "hey how about a lumberjack" . I had never done a person out of icing, and because of this will never attempt it again (well maybe with a FBCT). Anyways, thank god it tasted good and my mom didn't mention to the guests who decorated it. Sorry couldnt get the whole cake in but you can see the worst of the damage.
LL

Cakeasyoulikeit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeasyoulikeit Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 7:57pm
post #71 of 1303

Khalstead: you made me bust up with that comment about the baby in the fridge! that's so hilarious!!! Can you imagine if you didn't know it would be in there in the middle of the night...oh my goodness! Especially if dh were like me and wears glasses and didn't put them on? Ok, gotta stop!!

Yjudania Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yjudania Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 8:06pm
post #72 of 1303

I too am very new to decorating but I must say that I have two hideous ones and the very worst I didn't even take a picture of. It was a castle cake for my friends dd birthday. The turrets looked like witches hats! LOL The horses and carriage I made out of royal all broke except on horse and they were so cute! I ended up making the cake into an assignment for the children. They had to all make up a story about what happened to the castle, the broken carriage, and so on. The stories all had something to do with the princess being under some terrible spell by a wicked witch. It was too funny! LOL
Anyway, here is my second worse. Same family except for the ds. It is amazing they still want cake from me! LOL
LL

Devonee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Devonee Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 8:09pm
post #73 of 1303

You guys are all too funny icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
That baby cake thing is killing me, my 3 year old is looking at me funny for laughing at the computer icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

Sugarbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbean Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 8:17pm
post #74 of 1303

This is awesome. So funny!!

My fav so far is the "canadian" cake that says EH!!

Too funny!

fytar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fytar Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 8:29pm
post #75 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecakesbylindsay

You guys just made my day!!

Here's my worst cake ever, and my first cake ever!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-17779.html

icon_lol.gif

Is that icon_razz.gif a ladybug?! icon_surprised.gif

egarman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
egarman Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 8:30pm
post #76 of 1303

This really is great! I had sworn I wasn't going to post either of these cakes but you all are MAKING me!!! The first one is actually my very first attempt at really decorating. No, it's not a mouse...it's supposed to be a purple bunny! That was 22 years ago. Sometimes, as evidenced by the second cake, I don't think I've come very far. The second cake was for my daughter's and her friend's graduation party. I had been planning this cake for months. But...the cake started coming apart so I had to "glue" it together and once I stacked it, even after doweling it, it started to slide. The frosting was just a wreck. We got it to the fellowship hall at church and when I couldn't get it to look any better, I just sat down and cried. It tasted good but I was SO disappointed. This is absolutely the greatest website. I'm truly addicted. Have a great weekend and happy baking! icon_rolleyes.gif
OK, the pics won't attach but you can see them in my photos!

ge978 Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 8:31pm
post #77 of 1303

khalstead: when you said that about the baby cake in the frig I about peed myself icon_surprised.gif
He was really trying to be nice about it at first. He saw it (you could see him do a double take icon_eek.gif ) & said "Oh, thats cute" & then he just looked at me & saw I was laughing and said "Honey that is seriously disturbing".. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I'm glad you guys are having so much fun!! Keep these cakes coming...maybe we will have a vote later for the worst cake. Mmmm wonder if we could get Jackie to do a Hideous Cake Contest. icon_surprised.gif

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 8:36pm
post #78 of 1303
Quote:
Quote:

He was really trying to be nice about it at first. He saw it (you could see him do a double take ) & said "Oh, thats cute" & then he just looked at me & saw I was laughing and said "Honey that is seriously disturbing"..

I'm glad you guys are having so much fun!! Keep these cakes coming...maybe we will have a vote later for the worst cake. Mmmm wonder if we could get Jackie to do a Hideous Cake Contest.

You guys are killing me. icon_lol.gif I am here at work & laughing my butt off. I think a hideous cake contest would be funny.

fytar Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 8:37pm
post #79 of 1303

Okay, I have the funniest picture somewhere at home I'll have to scan for you guys. It's from when I was about 16 and my best friend (who was a boy) was in the background of the cake picture with his hands around his throat making the universal sign for choking!! I sure hope I can find that and get it on here Monday!!

Here is my first class cake from my Wilton courses. I would definately say I've come a long way baby!!
LL
LL

fytar Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 8:41pm
post #80 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie214

Here is my ugly cake icon_lol.gif

I was making a 3D Dora cake and my son dropped by while I was gone and cut one of the cakes to Dora icon_cry.gif

I got so mad with him that I just turned this into the ugliest cake that I could and then gave it to him to take home icon_lol.gif

And Steph, it's still not that ugly!!

egarman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
egarman Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 8:45pm
post #81 of 1303

Hope we get to do a Hideous Cake Contest. Boy, do I have a doosey for that topic. I wasn't going to post it either but I'll put in in my photos. I'm sure you'll be able to pick it out but just in case...it's the wedding cake with all the hideous flowers all over it. UGH! icon_lol.gif

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 8:52pm
post #82 of 1303

I must say, this has been the most fun I've had work today. It's the descriptions of some of these cakes that's killing me. Well...besides that Lady bug cake and the Canadian cake. They're my favorites so far.

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 9:01pm
post #83 of 1303

Here is mine. First attempt w/ MMF and covoring a cake with it. I didn't slice off my cake hump and my MMF cover job....oh boy! It looked like a patriotic mushroom!

I am dying reading these. The hoodie really does look like an Eskimo but I would hate to see what it looked like if I did it icon_lol.gif

Well it won't attatch, but it's in my gallery.

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 9:02pm
post #84 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by fytar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie214

Here is my ugly cake icon_lol.gif

I was making a 3D Dora cake and my son dropped by while I was gone and cut one of the cakes to Dora icon_cry.gif

I got so mad with him that I just turned this into the ugliest cake that I could and then gave it to him to take home icon_lol.gif

And Steph, it's still not that ugly!!

Believe me, the camera made this look good. icon_lol.gif

I don't see anything wrong with your cake.

I love your bridal cake that you just did...that is so pretty...wow.

Thanks twinsline7 and ge978 for your generous compliments...but as I just stated to fytar, the camera made this look good...must have taken pity on me because I was so mad icon_lol.gif

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 9:19pm
post #85 of 1303

Biebelenyip, ancient ruin - Ha Ha Ha
KHalstead, play doh - He He He
Crisseyann, blue and purple teeth - Snort, Snort
SAD, litter box and cake in the same sentence Im having double up hysterics the descriptions are the Funnest!
This site is the best!

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 9:21pm
post #86 of 1303

I'm still LMAO over the ancient ruin! Too dang funny! icon_lol.gif

KHalstead Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 9:27pm
post #87 of 1303

cakeasyoulikeit....my DH DOES wear glasses, guess I forgot to mention it...that's why I think it's so hilarious too.......I can just see him running upstairs tripping all the way to tell me there's a hideous baby staring at him in the fridge ( my husband talks in his sleep all the time and tells me crazy stuff!!) One time he told me there was a bear in our closet trying to put stickers on him LOL OMG he'll kill me if he ever sees this Hahahahahahah...I can just imagine the story he'd have about the psycho baby in the fridge!!!

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 9:29pm
post #88 of 1303

OMG I peed myself just at ge saying she peed herself!!!!!!!!!!

My kids keep trying to find out why I'm laughing soooo hard!!!! This is soooo funny!!!

And so exciting that so many are participating!!! WAY TO GO ge978!!!

ge978 Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 9:31pm
post #89 of 1303

Khalstead gets the award for the funniest thing said all day:

Quote:
Quote:

( my husband talks in his sleep all the time and tells me crazy stuff!!) One time he told me there was a bear in our closet trying to put stickers on him LOL

OMG...ROFLMAO...You are going to make a 27year old woman need some depends icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ge978 Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 9:33pm
post #90 of 1303

twinsline : if you want to wet yourself read Khalsteads last post icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%