Mamabear85 Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 2:58am
post #1201 of 1303
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 3:20am
post #1202 of 1303

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamabear85 

I dont know what I was thinking!

It looks like a nice tool belt on a piece of Velveeta cheese.  I love the tool belt with the tools.  !!What a great idea.  Hope you do that again, just on a different icing base.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 3:24am
post #1203 of 1303

omg--this thread is too funny -- i ♥ the russian cheese guy on the preceding page

Mamabear85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamabear85 Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 3:26am
post #1204 of 1303

AHahaha! Omg it does! Thanks hopefully I will do better next time lol

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 3:32am
post #1205 of 1303

I learned early on, if I don't like it, I sorta, kinda forget my camera.  Don't want a reminder of it.  :-(

Irishx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irishx Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 3:41am
post #1206 of 1303

AOh dear, i reckon all of my cakes should be here :o if these are your worst cakes....then shame on me lol :D oh i need to have a root around for my 'worst best cake'

mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 6:07am
post #1207 of 1303

This thread is great!

CakesByMeganCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByMeganCC Posted 14 Jan 2014 , 5:50pm
post #1208 of 1303

Ok, 

This is my worst cake...ever lol

My FIRST fondant cake...I didn't even cut the top off of the top layer and the fondant was so thick and lumpy...and I had the dumb idea to paint on the "leopard'' spots and it was terrible..I couldn't tell the brown from the black... haha!  This was a long time ago in the very beginning of my class...it makes me laugh though.

CakesByMeganCC Posted 14 Jan 2014 , 5:50pm
post #1209 of 1303

aw it's not that bad!

nana3791 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nana3791 Posted 14 Jan 2014 , 6:24pm
post #1210 of 1303

I'll share my worst too, but please don't tell anyone! )) It was long ago anyway :)

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 14 Jan 2014 , 6:43pm
post #1211 of 1303

AMy worst cake. I can't believe I even took a picture! I didn't finish it because it was just soooo bad, I made another cake instead! [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3167668/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 14 Jan 2014 , 6:44pm
post #1212 of 1303

A[quote name="as you wish" url="/t/18850/post-your-worst-cake/1200#post_7476111"]My worst cake. I can't believe I even took a picture! I didn't finish it because it was just soooo bad, I made another cake instead! [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3167668/width/200/height/400[/IMG][/quote]

Hehehe, that's so cute!!

harrietwalsh92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harrietwalsh92 Posted 14 Jan 2014 , 7:06pm
post #1213 of 1303

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3167682/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Attempted to make my friend a grumpy cat cake for her 21st birthday as she simply loves grumpy cat, I started the cake late in the day, it was half chocolate half vanilla sponge inside... After spending about 2 hours doing the carving I realised it was 9pm and the party started at 9:30 and was an hour away by car.... Had to slap on the fondant and paint on the fur and features.... It took about 45 minutes for me to create this unsalvageable mess! I think the worst part is the baby poo coloured atrocity surrounding his eyes haha! Sorry grumpy cat :P

MyFairDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyFairDiva Posted 14 Jan 2014 , 7:33pm
post #1214 of 1303

A

Original message sent by harrietwalsh92

[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3167682/width/200/height/400[/IMG] I think the worst part is the baby poo coloured atrocity surrounding his eyes haha! Sorry grumpy cat :P

Lol!!! :D it's Grumpy cat with conjunctivitis.

MBalaska Posted 14 Jan 2014 , 8:02pm
post #1215 of 1303

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrietwalsh92 

Attempted to make my friend a grumpy cat cake for her 21st birthday as she simply loves grumpy cat........."

Harrietwalsh92:  It's not your fault that your 'grumpy cat' has a lemur in it's family tree.

I couldn't have made this in 2 days let alone 2 hours, so I admire your creation.

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 14 Jan 2014 , 8:03pm
post #1216 of 1303

I love the computer.  Looks like the one I just threw away (real computer).  I applaud how you did it though, I'd never dare attempt something this intricate.

nana3791 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nana3791 Posted 14 Jan 2014 , 8:16pm
post #1217 of 1303

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeniseNH 

I love the computer.  Looks like the one I just threw away (real computer).  I applaud how you did it though, I'd never dare attempt something this intricate.

Thank you :) If I had such a computer, I'd also throw it away :) But it was a cake, so I didn't...

CakesByMeganCC Posted 14 Jan 2014 , 11:36pm
post #1218 of 1303

Here's a couple more pretty awful cakes.

This is a cake I made for my 9 year old sister in law's cheerleading banquet.  Terrible.

And this is my first time ever making a tiered cake.  My icing is so lumpy and my fondant flowers and leaves were awful.

I don't do much piping work either--can you tell?  haha

I tried my hand at piping some detail somewhat like this on a cake I made a few days ago...it was still pretty horrible...

And my whipped cream icing melted at the very end of the bag..probably bc my hands were so sweaty from being nervous!

CakesByMeganCC Posted 15 Jan 2014 , 12:01am
post #1219 of 1303

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripletmom 

You guys are killin' me here! icon_lol.gif

Okay, I wasn't gonna ever do this but I gotta now....it was first ever character pan for Disney Princess....first and last! She looks like a cosmetician's experiment gone bad! Tattooed eyeliner, too much collagen, she does need rhinoplasty pretty darn bad and there is no way she is a 'natural' bonde! I HATE this cake!
LL

This definitely reminds me of Anna Nicole Smith....lol

MBalaska Posted 15 Jan 2014 , 12:09am
post #1220 of 1303

Quote:

Originally Posted by CakesByMeganCC 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletmom 

You guys are killin' me here! icon_lol.gif

Okay, I wasn't gonna ever do this but I gotta now....it was first ever character pan for Disney Princess....first and last! She looks like a cosmetician's experiment gone bad! Tattooed eyeliner, too much collagen, she does need rhinoplasty pretty darn bad and there is no way she is a 'natural' bonde! I HATE this cake!

This definitely reminds me of Anna Nicole Smith....lol

That's funny, and I'll bet that miss Gracie still loved it!  It's a cute little girl cake.

CakesByMeganCC Posted 15 Jan 2014 , 2:24pm
post #1221 of 1303

Love this site.  I can't believe this has been going since 2006....thats 8 years....

I also like seeing these ugly cakes and seeing where the baker's/decoraters are 8 years later!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Jan 2014 , 5:31pm
post #1222 of 1303

oh hell i had ugly cake for 30 something years before that post started---hahahaha

ok wait--not ALL of them--but a few  and i hope they stay buried in the anals of time never to be seen again--please god

:lol:

victoriaashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
victoriaashley Posted 15 Jan 2014 , 5:46pm
post #1223 of 1303

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3168200/width/200/height/400[/IMG] So this cake doesn't look bad, but after three attempts at making Swiss meringue butter cream I gave up and just whipped egg whites and sugar and used that as frosting. Also, the cake was so hard (after being refrigerated for 3 hours) that we couldn't cut into it for about an hour. I'm no duff Goldman, but I have come a long way since this one.

MBalaska Posted 15 Jan 2014 , 9:54pm
post #1224 of 1303

Quote:

Originally Posted by victoriaashley 

So this cake doesn't look bad, but after three attempts at making Swiss meringue butter cream I gave up and just whipped egg whites and sugar and used that as frosting. Also, the cake was so hard (after being refrigerated for 3 hours) that we couldn't cut into it for about an hour. I'm no duff Goldman, but I have come a long way since this one.

Victoria: if you would have simply cooked those egg whites and granulated sugar over a double boiler, then whipped it up.  you would have made old-fashioned "7 Minute" frosting.  It's the only frosting I think that my family ever made. 

Congratulations on a good start.  Now keep going and work on making things taste good and everyone will be patient while your skill level is advancing and progressing.

victoriaashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
victoriaashley Posted 15 Jan 2014 , 10:03pm
post #1225 of 1303

A

Original message sent by MBalaska

[B]Victoria:[/B] if you would have simply cooked those egg whites and granulated sugar over a double boiler, then whipped it up.  you would have made old-fashioned [B]"7 Minute"[/B] frosting.  It's the only frosting I think that my family ever made. 

Congratulations on a good start.  Now keep going and work on [B]making things taste good[/B] and everyone will be patient while your skill level is advancing and progressing.

Thank you, I will try to attempt it again. I made this about a year ago, and as I remember, everytime I cooked the egg whites over the double broiler, when I tried to whip them, they never got fluffy. Just stayed slimy and the sugar never seemed to dissolve. I'll have to give it another go. Since then I have made many cakes, and I've mastered (in my eyes) a basic butter cream. But I would love to try again! Do you typically use this buttercream on it's own, or under fondant, or either? Thanks in advance for the tips! :)

MBalaska Posted 15 Jan 2014 , 10:22pm
post #1226 of 1303

Search the recipes for the American Buttercream recipes while you learning. I made it for decades before I discovered and fell head over heals in love with Swiss Meringue Buttercream.

http://cakecentral.com/a/crusting-buttercream-icing-viva-method

Karlay Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karlay Cakes Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 4:26am
post #1227 of 1303

AOk here are a few of my worst cakes! [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3168461/width/200/height/400[/IMG].

[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id /3168463/width/200/height/400[/IMG] [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3168464/width/200/height/400[/IMG] And finally a wedding cake, my 1st attempt. The bride and family loved it. I could see everything wrong with it. [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3168465/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

AmbitiousBeginner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmbitiousBeginner Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 4:44am
post #1228 of 1303

A castle cake for my daughter's kindergarten graduation.  Or as my husband pointed out, "the penis cake"!   As usual, the cake ended up being much bigger than I planned.  When I was making the towers out of RKT, I didn't care that they were rounded because I was going to have time to carve crisp cone tops, smooth the towers, etc.  Instead, the monstrosity kept getting worse.  It was time to leave for the graduation, and only the front door area was covered, so I covered the whole thing with MMF in a couple of minutes (no time to fix anything) and left.  I was so embarrassed!  I didn't want to take it to my in-laws, and didn't want anyone to see it, but I reminded myself that it was for my 6-year-old and knew she would love it.  Her excitement over the castle, in a way, made it worse because I knew everyone was just agreeing with her to be nice.  After we cut into it, and my daughter was in the house, my mature husband tore off a tower and was holding it as if it were a dildo!  Maybe this belongs in the naughty cake section!

AmbitiousBeginner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmbitiousBeginner Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 4:46am
post #1229 of 1303

I didn't know that pasting it in the reply box would mean that it would appear in the Newest cake section.  How embarrassing!  I think I may have to take it down in a day.

anavillatoro1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anavillatoro1 Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 4:05pm
post #1230 of 1303

ARead all the tread, I am still looking for my worst cake, but here is one of mi wors, I fix him later whit the advice of cc members [IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3153280/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%