Post Your Worst Cake!!

Decorating By ge978 Updated 23 Aug 2018 , 10:59pm by kakeladi

4starcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4starcakes Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 1:17am
post #1141 of 1303

My worst cake was also my first. It was about five years ago. Made it for my then fiancee now husband. It is iced in canned frosting. Yuck! I didn't even bother to take it out of the pan! My MIL stood it up at a angle to take a pic and we went to watch the gifts be opened. When we walked back into the dining room ALL the icing had slid down to the bottom.
LL

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 12:56pm
post #1142 of 1303

This is my version of a wrestling cake. It's supposed to look like Hulk Hogan. But it went all wrong. His arms are deformed(maybe he just lifted weights with his right arm?), and are those club hands or what?, and the eyes..how much eye liner does he use. I can't stand too look at it,...the shame, the shame icon_redface.gificon_cry.gif
LL

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 1:10pm
post #1143 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph2325

Shelle_75...Wow, I would love to say that your cake was my worst cake ever. I think it looks pretty good actually! icon_biggrin.gif

Happy Day,
Steph

Thanks Steph....I was pretty proud of the stacking & design, but unsmooth & "pocky" icing is a HUGE pet peeve of mine, so that's all I see when I look at it. Thank goodness for cake central and MELVIRA!!

meldancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meldancer Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 2:23pm
post #1144 of 1303

I have read all 77 pages in one day, I can't believe I did that! I thought I would never share this photo but I suppose everyone had to start somewhere.

This cake was done without any knowledge that the consistency of icing mattered, that a stacked cake needed support, let alone each cake needed a cake board. I just plopped them on top of eachother. It was supposed to be a strawberry shortcake theme. I call it the "Shortcrap Cake". Enjoy!
LL

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 5:26pm
post #1145 of 1303

ok well, this one is probably the worse photo I have. It's one of my early cakes. I was happy with the plaque parts but the writing is terrible! I ran out of room and so wrote his name vertically in the middle and it's all sloppy. This cake would probably be popular now that the movie is out icon_smile.gif

Edit: ok, that's a really small picture so I'll put a different one...also an early cake, made in the same month actually icon_razz.gif My attempt at darth vader. His face mask turned out well but the helmet looks more like a phalic symbol than a vader helmet lol
LL
LL

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 4:37am
post #1146 of 1303

I keep seeing introduction messages on the boards, from new CC members, so I think it's time to give this wonderful thread a bump in hopes that we can get some fresh cakes (excuse the pun) in here. icon_wink.gif

(I'd post a pic but I don't have anything that can top my previous two that are buried in here on who-knows-what pages.)

LaSombra Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 5:01am
post #1147 of 1303

ok now...I got up the nerve to post my WORST cake disaster. I did this a couple years ago when I was brand new to making cakes icon_redface.gif

I was attempting a tres leches cake with peach filling (an ingenious invention by me, using whole canned peaches and such...not the greatest idea I've ever had). Luckily, I was just messing around and it wasn't for any party or anything...

Here are the close-ups too:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/pictures?a=67b0de21b332724b6504
LL

LLAURALS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LLAURALS Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 4:05am
post #1148 of 1303

I have been reading this for almost 8 hours now!!! Laughing and having to explain to my family why until they finally got tired of me and left. I have had to take a few much needed breaks, but mostly just sitting on my butT cracking up.
I think the booties, chewbaca and Cinderella's lips are some of my favorites, OH and the Tammy Faye Barbie!
To me ALL of my cakes are my worst (I do have a few that I like) I think I don't like some of them just because, they were such a dissapointment, I thought I could have done SO much better!!! I have a couple I still have to scan into the computer because I had never planned on showing them to anyone!
There is one that is in my gallery (only because I had showed my co-worker my pictures on here, and she kept asking where is the one w/the ducks you made for Melissa's Shower?) I couldn't tell her I had never planned on putting it on here!
First of all they had a weird request, It was for the girls first baby and they teased her this was the first of ten children. So they wanted a full sheet cake with water a momma and daddy duck with 10 baby ducks. OH, I can't explain it is just HORRIBLE!!
Not to mention my writing. The water is just awful looking.
There are so many talented decorators on here, it really made me feel good to see ya'll have had "What was I thinking (or doing) moments" too!
THANKS TO ALL!! THIS HAS BEEN SO MUCH FUN.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.phpname=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=578273

soozun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soozun Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 8:49pm
post #1149 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biebelenyip

Allright. Now you 'll got me laughing - now there's my blushing time. There's my first real decorating cake. It's supposed to look like a castle - but DH likes to refer to as a ancient ruin.
What went wrong? Using a muffinform for the towers - and not straightening it afterwards. BUt also: using buttercream with butter that hadn't melted enough. And then there's the rest... icon_redface.gif

I hope the OP isn't offended, but I can't help but share what I think this cake looks like: A hippo who died in a sand pit of quicksand, belly up!
Here's the pic:
http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=download&id=4834

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 5:52am
post #1150 of 1303

oh, man that last time I read this post you guys were only on page 25 or something. Now I'm about 50 pages behind.
Where am I going to find 6 hours to read this thing...I'm dying!
It is way past my bed time already.
Guess I know where I'll be this weekend.

Visiting with Tammy Faye barbie, Chewbacca and the cocaine booties.....and all their little friends.

mommachris

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 5:56am
post #1151 of 1303

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif
This is so embarassing! I have laughed so hard!! This is the result of Vicodin and imagination! A little overkill on scollwork? An unsteady hand? HAHAHA I had that sh**t everywhere before my DH patted me on the head and said, 'Honey, I think you need to go to bed. It was supposed to be more like verdegris sp? The ugliest color I have ever made. This whole thing is bad!

Elle
LL

CakesOnly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesOnly Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 6:12am
post #1152 of 1303

This was my first sheet cake.
LL

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 6:53am
post #1153 of 1303

Oh man, so far I'm just through the 10th page...cant wait to read more, but I'm in bed with my Husband sleepin, I keep trying so hard not to burst out laughing, but just end up shakin the bed all around from keeping it held in!!! I wonder why he's been tossing around?? LOL!! Oh man, I just about totally lost it with the "little green men trying to kill Santa" That is sooooo funny!!! I will post a pic tomorrow of my worst cake, which actually wasnt THAT bad...but I havent had the chance to make a really HORRIBLE cake yet...oh WAIT!! Maybe when I was about 10..I made one for my dad!! Oh!!! I hope I have it in my photo album, otherwise I'll ask him to scan it for me!! yay!!

TeeBeeWee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TeeBeeWee Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 8:12am
post #1154 of 1303

OMG. I laughed so hard I had to put my glasses down for several times! icon_lol.gif

First the baby, that was fun, but after she told about the bear and the stickers I could not take any breath! I still imagine the baby in the fridge!

Ow and those tiny babyshoes dancing in cocaine! icon_eek.gif Or the hippo that had landed on his back... Whoahahahahaa

But okay I'm new here and started 1 month ago. I'm a very impulsive person and I landed on this site just before my daughter became 11. I HAD to make a cake like yours!

So I bought a cake (yes I'm new..) or actually 2 icon_redface.gif , some marsepine, lots of marsmellows and powdered sugar. First I started with melting the marsmellows and made a real mess in my kitchen. I cut out the cake and some letters. I sliced the cake and did some strawberryjelly between the layers.
With marsepine I had coated the letters, thick marsepine... icon_eek.gif

I made a photo but after I delivered the cake at school the whole thing was fallen apart... icon_confused.gif (I really did not know what I was doing)

(Oh, the letter 'S' broke so I made one of fondant... But it was so soft that it melted on the cake...)

Okay, I'm not afraid. icon_biggrin.gif and two weeks later my BF turned 43... So (yeah yeah) I HAD to make a cake.

I had visit this site a lot to learn more, but still not enough... I wanted to make a fairy from fondant (yeps, fondant...). I made arms, legs and a body and I was really proud! I putted the fairy aside so it could dry...
Then when I finished I stored the cake in the fridge icon_confused.gif . The fairy melted and became a 'Rubens Angel'...
Thank you all for making me laugh! What a great forum!

TeeBeeWee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TeeBeeWee Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 8:16am
post #1155 of 1303

Why are my pictures soooo big??

Sarsi Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 2:09pm
post #1156 of 1303

Okay, I'm so happy I found the cake I made for my dad!! It is AWEFULL!!! I was probably 10 or 11....so about 10 years ago...I still should've done better than this!! LOL!! I was so proud of it though!! I wish I could show the look on my face, it's hilarious!! (Why cant you put your face in the pics?) I had my lips puckered up and my cheeks puffed out as far as they could go. LOL!! Anyway, if I remember right, it tasted good.. everything was store bought. I was always a "I can do it by myself" kid and never let my mom help me with the cake... The funnies thing is look on the very bottom where it's suppose to say Sara...It looks like it says SAPA, but I didnt have a "R" So I used a P and an extra line from a different letter!! LOL!!!

The last pic is one I did just a couple weeks ago. I havent had a REAL bad cake yet lately..I still gave this one to my MIL who just had foot surgery..
LL
LL

Sarsi Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 2:10pm
post #1157 of 1303

Oops! I had one more picture...
LL

Sarsi Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 2:12pm
post #1158 of 1303

okaaaay....I guess I didnt have a lot of the right letters!!! LOL!!! WOW! Look at my wonderful piecing-together job!! LOL...how HIDEOUS!!!!!!

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 2:26pm
post #1159 of 1303

Oh I love when this thread keeps popping up! Ok, well my worst cake was last week icon_surprised.gif I got in way over my head by doing my first wedding cake and the grooms cake, a guitar. The wedding cake was a near disaster and took up a lot more time than I thought, so the guitar cake didn't get started until almost 8pm the night before. So after fighting with it for hours, I gave up. I tried working on it again in the morning.. I absolutely hated it. I refused to bring it. It was for my cousins wedding and I told her I was not bringing that thing to her reception. She was fine with it, as long as the wedding cake itself was there (which it was). Well after the ceremony and pictures, we had a few minutes of down time and one of my aunt's said the groom was really looking forward to the guitar cake. Well I felt horrible icon_cry.gif Anyway.. so at the last minute, they talked me into bringing it. I made sure it was in the back corner where people wouldn't see it. I am soooo embarrased this was at someones wedding and over 100 people may have looked at it thumbsdown.gif

The neck didn't match up at all, the strings were just dangling there, the 'wood' effect I was going for looked sloppy and messy. I just hated the whole thing.
LL

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 2:33pm
post #1160 of 1303

I heart cake! Keep in mind that people who don't do cake will not see all the bad!! They will say woah!!!! A guitar!! COOL!!! I bet the kids all wanted to play the thing!

MandyE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyE Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 2:35pm
post #1161 of 1303

Here is my very first cake. Well, not the very first I guess, but I can't find the hokey mud looking cake I made for my husband one year and stuck a Hot Wheel's monster truck on it. lol...

This was done for my son's first birthday, he's now six and a half...
LL

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 2:42pm
post #1162 of 1303

This was supposed to be a fire pit cake with logs ad flames. It did not turn out like I envisioned it. This was my first time trying a chocolate wrap and I did not have the acetate like in the tutorial. I guess I'll go buy some acetate and try again.
LL

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 5:11pm
post #1163 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarbean

Ok....I can't believe some of these cakes.

I now think the baby booties are right up there! As well as the pumpkin space ship!!

And for those who are asking...Yes that is a lady bug! Well, it was a lady bug with special powers (it turned our poo red for a week!)

icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gificon_biggrin.giftapedshut.gif

Oh okay I am just trying to read through this thread and I just had to comment on this! The red poo totally had me laughing!!!

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 6:31pm
post #1164 of 1303

Here's one I did a couple of months ago. For some reason I can't carve anything that has four wheels. This was supposed to be a tractor but just ended up looking like a pinewood derby car.
LL

nmrunyon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nmrunyon Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 7:35pm
post #1165 of 1303

Ok the pink was NOT my idea. This cake was for a baby shower for a baby girl. The customer wanted pink instead of the blue that it was supposed to be. I was so disturbed by the pink I just didn't have it in me to do a "good" job. I hated the cake soo much that I made a onsie cake so if they hated the pink one as much as I did they would have a good cake. IT IS BAD!!!!!
LL

Sarsi Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 7:55pm
post #1166 of 1303

It just looks like the ducks are swimming in a pink bubble bath!! Rubber Duckies are for bathtime anyway, right?? How'd the customer like it??

nmrunyon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nmrunyon Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 8:04pm
post #1167 of 1303

She took the onsie cake LOL

missmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmeg Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 8:06pm
post #1168 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmrunyon

I hadn't heard that outcome - too funny icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif!!

Sarsi Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 8:13pm
post #1169 of 1303

LOL!! If I ordered that from you, I just woulda told all the guest that it was a bubble bath!! LOL!! I still think it's not THAT bad!!

LaSombra Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 8:17pm
post #1170 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmrunyon

lol icon_lol.gif Good thing you made that onsie cake!! Quick thinking on your part thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%