Post Your Worst Cake!!

Decorating By ge978 Updated 23 Aug 2018 , 10:59pm by kakeladi

brandisbakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brandisbakery Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 3:18am
post #1021 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptop57

brandisbakery - - - I know who threw water on Barbie causing her to melt.......candy177 jealous witch on page 66!

LMAO! I see! I see!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 5:38am
post #1022 of 1303

OMG meggylou, too funny. The first thing I thought when I saw your christmas tree was "Gloop!"

But you know, the fact that it was chocolate makes everything OK. icon_smile.gif

candy177 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candy177 Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 1:30am
post #1023 of 1303

Hahahaha reallll funny tiptop57!!! icon_biggrin.gif

codegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
codegirl Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 12:22am
post #1024 of 1303

I didn't even end up decorating this one.

It was my first attempt at a checkerboard cake and I overfilled the first layer and didn't have enough cake mix for the last layer. Oh and my poor oven.

My BF (now DH) tried to help and we have cake everywhere.... to make a very long night a short story, I ended up going and picking up a store bought one for work the next day.

Needless to say, I've stuck to cookies ever since.
LL
LL

minchan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minchan Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 5:22pm
post #1025 of 1303

My first cake order was for 2 cakes - a dinosaur island cake for a 4-year-old boy and a guitar cake for his older brother who turned 23. I made the mistake of experimenting with the butter cake recipe by adding canned peach. That made the cake too moist and the cake was to be cut out in the shape of a Fender. Then I wanted to follow the colour of the actual Fender but wasn't experienced enough a decorator to do that. The BC kept breaking the cake some more and I just couldn't smooth the BC. Crumbs were sticking onto the BC. The colours kept coming out wrong. The cake was to be delivered the next afternoon. At 2am, I started to panic as the birthday boy may not have a cake! I was contemplating staying up all night to bake another one so I can decorate when the cake cooled. Finally, I convinced myself to get some sleep as there isn't very much I could do. At worst, I'll bake a simple cake and pipe a picture of a guitar. Fortunately by morning, the BC had set and was firmer so I piped star shape all over to cover up the flaws. Here's my brown but not chocolate flavoured- too moist-stumpy fret-everything that could go wrong and did-cake
LL

minchan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minchan Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 6:40pm
post #1026 of 1303

I've only read till page 25. Too hilarious! A few years ago I made a cake for my DD's best friend's birthday. I was clueless about colours and piping of any kind. The BC was too soft and in our tropical weather, it was a disaster. Relied on using gummies for lettering. Here's the cake I made which is of a dirty blue 'coz I couldn't make up my mind about the colour. It got worse when the colour deepened as BC is known to do. Most of the guests didn't know I made the cake. Someone next to me made a comment in a snooty tone, "Ah, homemade..."

It's 2.40am. I really should be asleep but I'm still reading!
LL

STX44703 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
STX44703 Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 11:00pm
post #1027 of 1303

THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST THREAD!! I WAS CRACKING UP!!!

I don't have a picture of my worst cake but I'll describe it. It was after I went to my first Wilton I class. I went to my mom's house and wanted to try out making my first batch of Class Buttercream. Well I didn't read the instructions right and added 2tbsps of water to each cup of icing instead of 2tbsp for the whole batch. So when I tried putting the icing into my bag it kept pouring out of the tip icon_surprised.gif

I called my coworker who took the class with me to tell her my disaster and she pointed out my error.

Needless to say I still tried to put the blue gook on the cake and it didn't stay!! hahahahahahah
But my niece and nephew said it still tasted good hahahahahha!!

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 11:57pm
post #1028 of 1303

worst cake ever made is all over my photos but this one I'm most ashamed too short it was 10" but poured half and half on each pan from one cake mix it is bumpy on top icing horrible and those flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!
I actually took this to my husband's work it seemed like a good idea at the time but now I look back and think how embarrased my husband must have been he never says anything bad about my cakes just constructive criticism he is so sweet this cake is just cheesy!!!!!!!!!!
LL

notjustcake Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 12:28am
post #1029 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTODECORATING

DISCLAIMER: Please remove any hot or harmful objects from your persons or work area. Do Not view this if excessive laughter may result in job loss. Please keep in mind these are NOT my photos, and I usually do not steal other peoples work without permission, however...I could not resist!!!

You should steal some of mine they are just horrible my daughter is watching these with me she is laughing her head off,

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 4:46pm
post #1030 of 1303

I waited to the last possible minute to make my stepson's 9th birthday cake. It was supposed to be a simple cake-an army helmet. Yeah, right! Everything went wrong-one cake layer collapsed, one layer broke, I simply could not get the icing to smooth out and the colors bled. This is the worst cake that I have ever made. It doesn't look like cammoflauge-it looks like brain tissue!! AND I didn't have time to make another one so I had to take this one to the party. UUUGGGLLLYYY doesn't even come close to describing this cake. Oh, inlaws who don't bake or decorate all gave me advice on how I could have done it better.
LL

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 4:59pm
post #1031 of 1303

I was going to post the worst tilted, madhatter cake but how do you all get your pictures into your reply box? sorry I am new to this. icon_smile.gif

notjustcake Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:09pm
post #1032 of 1303

If you scroll down their is a button that says add attchment or browse and it will search in your computer or if you have them in your photos we can click on your photos or you can right click, copy and paste the link to the photo from your photos confusing you? hope not now I'm scared I'm supposed to make a whimsical cake for my dd party it might have to go in here!!!

tdybear1978 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:40pm
post #1033 of 1303

Okay, thank you cakedecor. hopefully this attaches on here. This turned out so horrible I almost did not even give it to her.
LL

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:05pm
post #1034 of 1303

tdybear...that's not awful at all. I bet that took a long time to do..You are your own worst critic! What's the stuff on top of the cake?

Cindy

tdybear1978 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:26pm
post #1035 of 1303

it was just that gift bag stuffing stuff that I bunced up around a toothpick and stuck into the top.

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 8:07pm
post #1036 of 1303

I can't get mine resized enough so I'll post the link instead. I really tried but this cake just was a disaster. It was supposed to be red velvet and I was going to basket weave it on the sides but the cream cheese b/c icing wouldn't cooperate and I couldn't do the basket weave to save my life. I had made it brown for the basket look. So I was stuck with awful color and just had to ice it and go on with it. icon_redface.gif I had to take this to my fil house thanksgiving. Their whole family is in the catering business and know good cake deco when they see it. The deff did not see it that day!!!!!! icon_lol.gif
  http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_84747.html

sweetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetrat Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 5:30pm
post #1037 of 1303

I have had such a good time reading all this! Since I am still having cake disasters on a regular basis being a newbie and all, it is heart warming to know that even the masters mess up sometimes! Here's my worst one. It was this past July for my son's 5th birthday party. It was supposed to be a giant lego which didn't seem too tough. Little did I know that the heat reeked havic on my crusting buttercream and it hardened so fast that I couldn't smooth it! Even Viva wouldn't touch it! So, I had to take this to the party and I about cried! Here I am trying to start a business and this was the product that everyone saw! It was horrifying! Luckily, it has happened again, but I will be anticipating it from now on!
LL

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 7:28pm
post #1038 of 1303

Sweetrat its not that bad. Really it just looks like a lego that has been well played with.

sweetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetrat Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 7:36pm
post #1039 of 1303

I really appreciate that, but the picture isn't even as bad as it was in person! icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

susanscakebabies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakebabies Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 7:46pm
post #1040 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by lainee

I guess I am too vain. LOL. So far, if a cake didn't turn out right, I haven't taken a picture. Instead, I would wait to make it again and when I got it turn out right, and only then, I would take the picture. Is anybody else like this?

Elaine

I think I am there with you. My worst, no pics. Though I have one everyone likes that I hate. But of course I hid the photo so I can't find it. What a dork, huh?! I think some of my posted ones could fall in that catagory though. I can't pick just one.

29apr00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
29apr00 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 9:47pm
post #1041 of 1303

Oh my goodness!! I can't believe i read all 70 pages!! icon_eek.gif And i can't believe that there are cakes out there as bad as mine!! I thought i was the only one who made icky cakes! icon_cry.gif

I'll have to get mine uploaded. I only have a few as i just started out. But i keep reading about all these disasters for birthday parties. icon_eek.gif I'm terrified i'll screw up my son's cake at the end of the month.

Jennifer

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 9:50pm
post #1042 of 1303

NO PICS OF MY WORST CAKES!!! These are the ones I would like to forget! BELIEVE ME!! There are some REALLY UGLY CAKES in MY ugly cake gallery! LOLL

Beth in KY

Edited to say: OOPS! I DO have a cake that was a practice whimsical....in my gallery. I don't have it saved here at work!

29apr00 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 1:53am
post #1043 of 1303

Ok, here are my worst cakes. Granted, it's all my cakes, but hopefully I'll get better. icon_rolleyes.gif

The 1st one is a Gingerbread house i did with my 3 yr old, bad decorating job. Reason to sign up for Wilton Classes. icon_redface.gif

Jennifer
LL

29apr00 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 2:00am
post #1044 of 1303

And this is my 1st cake from Class #1. See all the open space between the stars. thumbsdown.gif I'm working on that.

and then we have the clowns. those weren't too bad.

And finally......the Rose Cake. icon_redface.gif My icing was way too thin, so the roses didn't stiffen up really well. Looks like wilted cabbage. icon_cry.gif

ETA - and to think i was actually PROUD of these at one time. icon_cry.gif
LL
LL
LL

jenndga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenndga Posted 19 May 2007 , 2:57am
post #1045 of 1303

Okay, this is just the best dang thread ever!!!!!!!!!! It has taken me two whole days to read through.... I just had to add my lovely addition. The one I call the baby poo cake.

I iced it in the most awful color yellow and later tried to cover it up with a thin layer of white. It then turned into smeared baby poo cake.

Add some flourescent pink drop flowers made by barbie on crack, and I was good to go.... Watch those icing colors, a little goes a LONG way! LOL! icon_rolleyes.gif
LL

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 19 May 2007 , 6:36am
post #1046 of 1303

Ok so I am new to the forum and have only posted a few times but I decided that this was a fun post and thougt I would add my cake from last year for my little boys birthday .... I spentSO MUCH time on my little girls castle cake that I had no time for his cake (their birthday parties were ont he same day) so I just threw a cake together and cutout these clear incredible stickers and shoved them into the cake LOL. At least he was only 2 at the time and could have cared less what it looked like as long as there were incredibles on his cake .... he loved it and it tasted good, but looked AWFUL!

Enjoy!

Housemouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Housemouse Posted 19 May 2007 , 10:58am
post #1047 of 1303

This is what you get when you want to show off... pride comes before a fall, always! My most recent 'worst' cake was a Halloween pumpkin and was made at short notice. Ignoring the fact that I've never managed to create an attractive looking 'fun' cake in fondant ... I said I'd make a pumpkin lit from inside (using a bunch of battery-operated LED flower lights). The book I was using as my guide said to use Parkin cake mixture and make the cake a few days ahead (Parkin improves with keeping and has a very close firm texture).

I ignored the book and made scratch Madeira cakes, cooked in glass pudding basins, torted and filled with BC. I cut out the cake centres large enough to drop a jam jar down the centre (for the lights) and cut out the eyes, nose and mouth. Still looking okay at this point...

The fun started when I added the fondant ribs and coating and the 'face' side started collapsing. The mouth went first so I panicked and stuffed wine-gums in the gap to support the cake above, then the nose and eyes began caving in, so I tried supporting the inner walls of the holes with biscuits, then I felt I had to 'disguise' the edges of the biscuit so of course I used black fondant, which just highlighted the collapsing bits and general awfulness.

A car journey didn't help. We put the cake on the table and turned the face to the wall. Pic is in my photos - taken before the car journey.

nolee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nolee Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:50pm
post #1048 of 1303

This is a chocolate cake made from scratch, covered with MM fondant, I used a little too much corn starch so the colour is very dull, I also used the Wilton's icing colours which don't seem to blend well in fondant so you get swirly colour variations in the fondant. I had extra fondant and the cake looked boring so I freehanded the petals and stuck them on the cake. I used the Wilton's icing colours to paint the fondant petals with a paint brush (very sticky - soo, on goes more cornstarch). The cake is also very unleveled and bubbly.
LL

lolly1206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolly1206 Posted 19 May 2007 , 9:05pm
post #1049 of 1303

This was before I knew anything about cake construction or frosting or anything to do with cakes really! LOL

It was for my parent's 30th wedding anniversary.
LL

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 19 May 2007 , 9:16pm
post #1050 of 1303

too bad I can't post my whole gallery. Obviously some of the worst cakes on the net. I reckon!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%